ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 17 of 43
« First < 71314151617 1819202127 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Obligatory we have to get CEH off the field thread**
RunKC 02:30 PM 08-20-2022
I’ve seen enough. Dude is as meh as it gets. Pacheco needs to take his spot yesterday. Dude has bad vision and he’s slow.

I hope we scout the cuts list to find another RB to add to the group so we can cut him. Seriously the only reason this guy is still on the roster is because he was a first rd pick.
[Reply]
O.city 08:56 AM 08-26-2022
With this OL, just need one to be basically what McKinnon was in the AFC champ game. Get what is blocked and if you can do more, great. If not, great.

When they've got you blocked up for a 5 yard gain, get the 5.
[Reply]
irafreak 08:59 AM 08-26-2022
If they drafted him in the first round, they obviously saw the potential to be good. I can't imagine that after a down year and a solid 1st year ending in injury, they lost all faith in what they saw in him. I don't think it's some stubborn desire to prove the pick was justified.

Now of he has another lousy year and they don't try to upgrade and/or move on, then we can talk about the need to be right in their pick.

The rb room is just a weakness and i do agree that any rb in the first was a bad pick. I understand the logic to try to repeat by making the team better right away but I never like a rb in that spot.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 09:00 AM 08-26-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
People need to come to terms with the fact that CEH is the best RB on the roster and he's going to be the starter.

Note that I did not say CEH is GOOD. Just that he's the best of the bad - this is not a good RB room at all.
I'm higher on Clyde than most on here, but I think:

1/ McKinnon is probably a better RB albeit one the team knows can't take the same wear and tear as Clyde
2/ Pachecho has a bit of a lower floor but also a much higher ceiling than Clyde with this offense
3/ Rojo is still the best pure runner of the bunch although this isn't a team where that's as highly valued
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:00 AM 08-26-2022
Originally Posted by irafreak:
If they drafted him in the first round, they obviously saw the potential to be good. I can't imagine that after a down year and a solid 1st year ending in injury, they lost all faith in what they saw in him. I don't think it's some stubborn desire to prove the pick was justified.

Now of he has another lousy year and they don't try to upgrade and/or move on, then we can talk about the need to be right in their pick.

The rb room is just a weakness and i do agree that any rb in the first was a bad pick. I understand the logic to try to repeat by making the team better right away but I never like a rb in that spot.
:-)

Agree pretty much 100%.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 09:05 AM 08-26-2022
RoJo has twice as many fumbles per carry as CEH. If fumbling is a concern for CEH, it damn well should be for Jones.
Su but I have seen RoJo take one to the house from 90 out
[Reply]
O.city 09:13 AM 08-26-2022
I've been very vocal on my rb thoughts, but again, I don't even need you to be Jamaal Charles back there.

We have a legit OL and a passing game that rivals any team in the league. Teams are literally daring you to run the ball. You don't have to be great. Just keep it ahead of the chains, hit your singles and doubles and lets go.
[Reply]
BWillie 09:16 AM 08-26-2022
People need to come to terms with the fact that CEH is the best RB on the roster and he's going to be the starter.

Note that I did not say CEH is GOOD. Just that he's the best of the bad - this is not a good RB room at all.
I am coping with this right now. Therapy is helping little by little. Prayers
[Reply]
CatfishBob2 09:17 AM 08-26-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
With this OL, just need one to be basically what McKinnon was in the AFC champ game. Get what is blocked and if you can do more, great. If not, great.

When they've got you blocked up for a 5 yard gain, get the 5.
CEH can do that. He's fine for 80 yards of the field. Mckinnon and Pacheco can handle the passing downs. Can't wait to see Rojo, JuJu, Kelce and Fortson in the redzone.
[Reply]
New World Order 09:19 AM 08-26-2022
The part in bold basically describes the entire RB room to some extent.

I get that everybody is high on Pacheco. It's the preseason. He's the new Brian Shay.
Others have big play ability
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:20 AM 08-26-2022
Originally Posted by New World Order:
Others have big play ability
Big play ability is situational.

And it doesn't count for shit if they can't perform on an every down basis.

There's a reason everybody was talking yesterday before the game about Jones being cut. He's not good.
[Reply]
-King- 09:24 AM 08-26-2022
Originally Posted by TripleThreat:
It begs the question; should we pay top dollar for a guy like CMC or Barkley if they hit the market? Would it be better to have a top dollar WR or DB, or give that money to a RB? Id love to see this offense with prime Jamal or mccafrey..
CMC would be AMAZING in this offense.....until he gets hurt and misses the rest of the season.
[Reply]
New World Order 09:24 AM 08-26-2022
Big play ability is situational.

And it doesn't count for shit if they can't perform on an every down basis.

There's a reason everybody was talking yesterday before the game about Jones being cut. He's not good.
The guy has no speed. He’s not busting any big plays. His longest career runis 31 yards.

And for argument’s sake, Jones rushed for 1000 yards (well, almost) at 5+ ypc 2 years ago. His longest run that year was 98 yards.

Could Clyde do that?
[Reply]
O.city 09:25 AM 08-26-2022
God, no. NEver ever pay top dollar for a RB. What in the ass is happening.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:26 AM 08-26-2022
Originally Posted by New World Order:
The guy has no speed. He’s not busting any big plays. His longest career runis 31 yards.

And for argument’s sake, Jones rushed for 1000 yards (well, almost) at 5+ ypc 2 years ago. His longest run that year was 98 yards.

Could Clyde do that?
I don't know what to tell you man. You've got a lot more hope than I do, that's for sure.

I look at that RB corps and don't see much hope at all. Not that it really matters, Andy doesn't run the ball enough anyway.
[Reply]
BWillie 09:30 AM 08-26-2022
We are routinely 1st or 2nd in the NFL in 3rd down percentage...and this is even when the defense and everybody in the building KNOWS we are going to pass it. Our only need for an RB is to keep the defense honest once in a blue moon. It really matters very little who we put back there. Screen passes are also not hard to catch.
[Reply]
Page 17 of 43
« First < 71314151617 1819202127 > Last »
Up