6 Nick Loftin, SS
7 Kyle Isbel, OF
8 Khali Lee, OF
9 Jonathan Bowlan, RHP
10 Carlos Hernedez, RHP
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 11:12 AM 08-10-2021
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Someone in the KC media needs to ask why the **** is Olivares getting ****ed around so much when it comes to playing time. Not enough bible thumping in the clubhouse? ****in Matheny needs to stroke out or something, so sick of seeing trash playing over guys who may be apart of the long term plans.

There are ways to ask that like a pro.

“Mike, is there something Olivares needs to show to earn more playing time?

How is he adjusting to the majors?

Etc.”

Hacks like Petro can approach it like the above, though. They aren’t real journalists and don’t have to be accountable to the managers and players every day.
[Reply]
gblowfish 11:18 AM 08-10-2021
I do agree that the beat writers that are assigned to the Royals have really lobbed softball questions at both Matheny and GMDM all year long. We're on pace for yet another 90 to 100 loss season, and that is just not acceptable. I will never EVER tolerate being a bottom feeder. Royals have been doormats too many times in their team history. Get up off the mat and get back to respectability. The press needs to ask those hard questions about the "long term plan" and ask them often.
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:41 AM 08-10-2021
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Fortunately, sportswriters are professionals who don’t behave like message board posters
Oh how terrible it'd be for KC sportswriters to bring a little heat towards the Royals management.

They sure don't mind nagging Andy Reid about back flips or why certain players missed voluntary camps.

Idk why they don't have a problem asking a HOF coach and maybe the best ever some tough questions, but when it comes to a shit franchise like the Royals they completely avoid anything that refuse to ask those kinds of questions.
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:42 AM 08-10-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
There are ways to ask that like a pro.

“Mike, is there something Olivares needs to show to earn more playing time?

How is he adjusting to the majors?

Etc.”

Hacks like Petro can approach it like the above, though. They aren’t real journalists and don’t have to be accountable to the managers and players every day.
But as far as I can tell those questions are never asked.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 11:42 AM 08-10-2021
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
I do agree that the beat writers that are assigned to the Royals have really lobbed softball questions at both Matheny and GMDM all year long. We're on pace for yet another 90 to 100 loss season, and that is just not acceptable. I will never EVER tolerate being a bottom feeder. Royals have been doormats too many times in their team history. Get up off the mat and get back to respectability. The press needs to ask those hard questions about the "long term plan" and ask them often.
What do you want them to ask?

Why is Mondi such a brokedick.
Why is AB hurt so often
Why did Soler and Dozier fall off the map
Why is Keller getting hit so hard

All they’re going to say is “hell if I know”
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:59 AM 08-10-2021
What do you want them to ask?

Why is Mondi such a brokedick.
Why is AB hurt so often
Why did Soler and Dozier fall off the map
Why is Keller getting hit so hard

All they’re going to say is “hell if I know”
I want them to ask why is Olivares not in the lineup everyday and having his ABs taken away for Ryan O'Hearn and other broke dicks.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 12:08 PM 08-10-2021
I agree with that. What else do you want to ask them?
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 12:19 PM 08-10-2021
Is it just me, or is Terry Bradshaw a shitty hitting coach? Our approach at the plate when Dale Sveum was the hitting coach seemed to be a lot different.

I could just be completely wrong, but we seem to strike out on pitches out of the strike zone more than any time I can ever remember. Yes, our home runs and slugging percentage is better now, but that could be due to having better power hitters than ever before.

I get sick of watching our right handed hitters weakly whiffing at pitches low and outside. Except for Salvy, he strikes out on those same pitches, but he swings hard.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Titty Meat 12:48 PM 08-10-2021
I agree with that. What else do you want to ask them?
Why attendance is so low
[Reply]
gblowfish 02:56 PM 08-10-2021
Dozier can't hit a breaking ball to save his ass. Nobody should throw him a fastball or change EVER. Nothing but sliders and curveballs. He'd be out of baseball in six months.
[Reply]
gblowfish 02:58 PM 08-10-2021
In his last 15 games Soler is hitting over .300, so you have to wonder why he was sucking so bad for the first half of the year under Bradshaw's watch?
[Reply]
Great Expectations 03:02 PM 08-10-2021
In his last 15 games Soler is hitting over .300, so you have to wonder why he was sucking so bad for the first half of the year under Bradshaw's watch?
Soler has notoriously not hit well until the temperatures increase. He has always started slow and hit well in the summer months.
[Reply]
gblowfish 03:04 PM 08-10-2021
Originally Posted by Great Expectations:
Soler has notoriously not hit well until the temperatures increase. He has always started slow and hit well in the summer months.
Yeah, but half a season slow????
[Reply]
RockChalk 03:11 PM 08-10-2021
Yeah, but half a season slow????

[Reply]
Great Expectations 03:11 PM 08-10-2021
He was on fire before the trade, it would also take a hitting coach a little more time with a player to make that big of a difference.
[Reply]
Page 316 of 440
« First < 216266306312313314315316 317318319320326366416 > Last »
Up