ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Media Center>Buying a PS5/XSX
Third Eye 04:36 PM 12-06-2021
I recently decided to update our electronics. Bought a OLED tv, a receiver that could pass through 4K/120Hz, and some other odds and ends. Final piece of the puzzle is an Xbox Series X. I had heard stories about how hard it was to get a PS5 or XSX, but I'm now experiencing it for myself.

For those of you out there who have landed one recently (at MSRP, not secondary), what worked for you? I've currently got tabs for a few retailers open that I check periodically through the day while I'm working. I also have a few Twitter accounts that post live updates on restocks. I really don't value it enough to pay for the subscription services that many of the retailers are charging for the opportunity though I may try 1 month of Walmart+ for $13 as I've heard a number of folks have had success there. Best Buy and their $200 Total Tech subscription can get fucked though.

It's probably best to wait until after the holidays, but I'm doing all of this updating now and I'd like to get it figured out if possible.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:22 AM 12-08-2021
Originally Posted by tredadda:
It's funny, but even with Hotstock I have not been successful. I actually get alerts and when I click on it the site I get taken to says sold out.
If you're using a web browser, don't. It's just too slow.

Download the Walmart, Target, Best Buy, etc. apps and use them when you get alerts.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 10:44 AM 12-08-2021
I got my PS5 when it first came out from Nebraska Furniture Mart, while everyone was checking Gamestop, Best Buy, Amazon, Walmart, etc. Nobody suspects NFM.
[Reply]
tredadda 11:36 AM 12-09-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
If you're using a web browser, don't. It's just too slow.

Download the Walmart, Target, Best Buy, etc. apps and use them when you get alerts.
Good call. Will try that.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 09:42 AM 12-11-2021
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
Not to.mention the bots/scripts scalpers utilize to scoop up inventory drops in seconds that the average consumer cannot outmatch. Fuck'em. The best we can all hope for is that they get stuck with the inventory.
I blame the retailers for not being smart enough to put in a simple fucking capcha in 2021. They should be hit in the nuts for that.
[Reply]
lcarus 04:08 PM 12-11-2021
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
I got my PS5 when it first came out from Nebraska Furniture Mart, while everyone was checking Gamestop, Best Buy, Amazon, Walmart, etc. Nobody suspects NFM.
I got my PS5 not long after it came out. Walmart was doing a staggered release one day. They were supposedly dropping some every 3 hours. Well the first drop, their site of course didn't load and I could tell it wasn't happenin. So I just happened to check Sony's site and they had them. They were up for a good 10 or 15 minutes too while everyone was off dicking with stupid Walmart.
[Reply]
tredadda 06:11 PM 12-11-2021
Well, got an email from Sony stating I have an opportunity to purchase one Monday between 1100-1600 PST. Will see how this works out.
[Reply]
Third Eye 07:32 PM 12-11-2021
Well, got an email from Sony stating I have an opportunity to purchase one Monday between 1100-1600 PST. Will see how this works out.
Good luck. My Series X was delivered yesterday, but now I have to wait until Christmas Eve to open it up.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 10:08 PM 12-11-2021
You will be placed in a queue where you will get your hopes up for hours and nothing will ever happen. Fin.
[Reply]
tredadda 11:21 AM 12-12-2021
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
You will be placed in a queue where you will get your hopes up for hours and nothing will ever happen. Fin.
Highly possible. I have nothing to lose by trying.
[Reply]
tredadda 06:10 PM 12-13-2021
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
Ordered mine today. It's in route now.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 06:29 PM 12-13-2021
Got an Xbox from Walmart today
[Reply]
Third Eye 09:22 AM 12-14-2021
Ordered mine today. It's in route now.
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Very nice!*

* Borat voice
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:52 AM 12-14-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Did you do the rent-to-own deal?

It's actually decent financially and ensures you can get one right now.

My daughter got one for her fiancé - it's 2 years, $35 a month for a Series X and Ultimate Gamepass and you own the Xbox after the 2 years.
[Reply]
tredadda 10:33 AM 12-14-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Did you do the rent-to-own deal?

It's actually decent financially and ensures you can get one right now.

My daughter got one for her fiancé - it's 2 years, $35 a month for a Series X and Ultimate Gamepass and you own the Xbox after the 2 years.
That's a thing? I think that's pretty cool that Wal-Mart offers that.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:38 AM 12-14-2021
That's a thing? I think that's pretty cool that Wal-Mart offers that.
It is. She signed up for it yesterday.

The MSRP of the Series X is $500 and the Gamepass is like $10 a month. The actual retail price of the Series X is currently higher than $500, though, because of supply issues and bots.

So you're basically getting (at worst) a $740 value for $840 over 2 years.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Up