ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 9
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Media Center>Wheel Of Time - Amazon
cookster50 06:36 PM 11-01-2021
Anyone else excited for this? November 19 begins season one.
[Reply]
ntexascardfan 12:40 PM 11-27-2021
As someone who hasn't read the books, but enjoys fantasy...I really like this one so far.

It's cool to see high fantasy being reviewed and received so well.

I imagine episode 4 did a good job of roping people in.
[Reply]
DaFace 12:10 PM 11-28-2021
Fourth episode feels like they're starting to really settle in. In the first episode, Moiraine drawing the Power looked a little cheesy, but since they're sticking with that visual all the way through, you kind of get used to it. And the battle scene started to really showcase what they can do.

I particularly thought it was effective that (book spoiler)...

Spoiler!

At this point, I'm relatively confident that this will be good enough to satisfy book readers. Now the only question is to what extent they'll be able to draw in the masses.
[Reply]
srvy 01:07 PM 11-28-2021
Originally Posted by ntexascardfan:
As someone who hasn't read the books, but enjoys fantasy...I really like this one so far.

It's cool to see high fantasy being reviewed and received so well.

I imagine episode 4 did a good job of roping people in.
I'm in the same camp. Never even heard mention of these books. It has me intrigued.
[Reply]
Bowser 02:35 PM 11-28-2021
Y'all are re-igniting the interest now.
[Reply]
allen_kcCard 04:48 PM 11-28-2021
I hope they re-work the macarena-style linking of the aes-sedai some.
[Reply]
allen_kcCard 04:50 PM 11-28-2021
Originally Posted by srvy:
I'm in the same camp. Never even heard mention of these books. It has me intrigued.
If you have any patience at all in reading, I recommend them. Jordan was very into in depth descriptions of minute things, but the characters and action in the story are awesome. Leading of a certain Band later in the story and the aiel are both awesome to follow imo.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 08:13 AM 11-29-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I believe it's planned for 8 seasons. But yeah, they're going to have to move fast to get through it that quickly.
I don't know. Not having lengthy bits on tugging of braids or chapter long descriptions of dresses should shorten the whole thing enough to get it done in 8 seasons. We've seen pretty significant story progression so far through 4 episodes, and while I feel like they changed/added a couple things for no real reason, the is improving with each episode.

No idea why they added a wife for Perrin or decided there had to be ambiguity on the gender of the Dragon. Saidin is the male half of the One Power, and the Dragon has always been male in the book lore.
[Reply]
allen_kcCard 10:14 PM 12-02-2021
Loial was well done
Ep5 was good overall, some stuff was combined and the timelines seem a little off, but this one did move things closer I'd say.
[Reply]
cookster50 08:02 AM 12-03-2021
Not sure I understand why they had the character do what he did at the end of the episode, not really matching the mood of that character....
[Reply]
allen_kcCard 09:50 AM 12-03-2021
Originally Posted by cookster50:
Not sure I understand why they had the character do what he did at the end of the episode, not really matching the mood of that character....
yeah, it was overdone I thought as well. But I think it was supposed to show how much pain he carries around with him already. Knowing the character from the books, he has a lot more personal pain than just what has happened around him recently, like a lot.
[Reply]
DaFace 08:26 PM 12-03-2021
Loial is my favorite.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 07:44 AM 12-05-2021
Originally Posted by allen_kcCard:
Loial was well done
Ep5 was good overall, some stuff was combined and the timelines seem a little off, but this one did move things closer I'd say.
A lot of wasted episode in this last one. No reason for episode 5 to have focused so much on the warders while totally skipping other elements of the story line that they have so far excluded.

Bits I liked, but after episode 4, was a let down.

I really don't understand some of the editorial decisions and how they seem to be editing out important things, while adding in fluff that doesn't add to the story at all.
[Reply]
hometeam 09:55 AM 12-05-2021
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
A lot of wasted episode in this last one. No reason for episode 5 to have focused so much on the warders while totally skipping other elements of the story line that they have so far excluded.

I really don't understand some of the editorial decisions and how they seem to be editing out important things, while adding in fluff that doesn't add to the story at all.
gotta stay woke
[Reply]
DaFace 11:39 AM 12-05-2021
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:

This first season is almost entirely exposition with a little plot thrown in here and there. The warder stuff is pretty clearly setting up...

Spoiler!

I didn't mind it.
[Reply]
DaFace 11:40 AM 12-05-2021
Originally Posted by hometeam:
gotta stay woke
What part are you interpreting as "woke"?
[Reply]
Page 4 of 9
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Up