ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 9
< 12 3456 > Last »
Media Center>Wheel Of Time - Amazon
cookster50 06:36 PM 11-01-2021
Anyone else excited for this? November 19 begins season one.
[Reply]
DaFace 10:55 AM 11-05-2021
Originally Posted by Indian Chief:
Unfortunately, my favorite part of the books, the combat descriptions, will likely not make it into the show since you don't have to use words. Low Wind Rising, Threading the Needle, Folding the Air, Heron Wading in the Rushes... I thought that was fantastic.
Yeah, that's along the lines of where my concerns lie. I like the books almost more for how RJ described things as much as the plot. When you take those descriptions away, I just wonder how it will all play.

Like you said, cautiously optimistic, but a little concerned about how it will translate.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 10:56 AM 11-05-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Yeah, that's along the lines of where my concerns lie. I like the books almost more for how RJ described things as much as the plot. When you take those descriptions away, I just wonder how it will all play.

Like you said, cautiously optimistic, but a little concerned about how it will translate.
There's a great plot line hidden by some of the needless meandering.
[Reply]
unlurking 07:57 PM 11-18-2021
So half way into the first episode, and bored/disappointed enough to post in this thread. :-)

It's been years since I read the books, but not a single cast member fits the characters I remember.

Spoiler!

Ugh. I the last 10 minutes better be fucking epic or I won't be watching episode 2. Sucks. Was really looking forward to this,
[Reply]
Frazod 09:28 PM 11-18-2021
I lasted about 15 minutes. It was basically playing out like a Kathleen Kennedy femdom fantasy.
[Reply]
kcpasco 10:16 PM 11-18-2021
The dragon can be either male or female. Click went the remote.
[Reply]
allen_kcCard 09:47 AM 11-19-2021
Big fan of the books, and I didn't love ep1. A lot of liberties that I didn't like, and it elt rushed. But ep2 was very good, and ep3 is in progress, but liking it just as much so far.
[Reply]
Bowser 10:42 AM 11-19-2021
Well, shit. Was looking forward to diving into this, but your early reviews aren't exactly motivating me.
[Reply]
unlurking 11:21 AM 11-19-2021
Reviews are pretty much split between love and hate on Amazon. I'm seeing a trend about "just getting through the first episode". I didn't give the 2nd episode much of a chance (acting at the ferry scene was embarrassing). Just changed the whole dynamic of the story with completely different characters. :-)

Fingers crossed the final season of Expanse holds up.
[Reply]
ntexascardfan 11:49 AM 11-19-2021
The first episode of WoT looked good yesterday.

I'd love to see one of Neal Stephenson's books adapted for a mini series or movie. Snowcrash or Anathem would be awesome.
[Reply]
mnchiefsguy 11:58 AM 11-19-2021
Originally Posted by allen_kcCard:
Big fan of the books, and I didn't love ep1. A lot of liberties that I didn't like, and it elt rushed. But ep2 was very good, and ep3 is in progress, but liking it just as much so far.
Episode 1 was a bit of a slog. 2 and 3 were much better.

Yes, they went a bit pc with having anyone be the Dragon, but those who have read the books know who it will be.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
allen_kcCard 07:07 PM 11-19-2021
Makes sense on your Perrin thought.
[Reply]
hometeam 08:26 PM 11-19-2021
Ok first three episodes are doable. Im ready to see more.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 02:16 AM 11-20-2021
Been damn near 30 years since i read the first book. So I remember enough to know they changed stuff, but I'm probably not really grasping how much. I thought the first episode kinda slogged along a bit, the other two were better. It's no Game of Thrones, but I will keep watching.
[Reply]
cookster50 08:34 AM 11-20-2021
While you always have to have changes when adapting a book to tv I think they did fairly decent so far. The first episode change with one of the characters seems stupid right now, maybe there will be a payoff in the future but seemed very unneeded. But all in all things are headed in the right direction. Seem to recall discussion on them wanting it to be 7 seasons which would mean speeding things along soon.
[Reply]
HemiEd 11-23-2021, 07:19 PM
This message has been deleted by HemiEd.
JakeF 03:47 PM 11-24-2021
It's ok so far, i think it's just warming up though. It's been like 30 yrs since i read the books. I don't even remember what happens anymore. Normally, I really like Rosamund Pike but i'm just not feeling her in this role. She doesn't have that mystical feel to her.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 9
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up