ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 6
< 1234 56 >
Media Center>matrix 4 sux
Hammock Parties 12:44 AM 02-23-2020

[Reply]
ThaVirus 06:32 AM 09-08-2021
The Matrix: Reloaded came out when I was a preteen/teen so I thought it was awesome. The upgraded Neo vs Agents fight at the beginning, Neo vs 100 Agent Smiths, Neo vs the Merovingian's men, Monica Bellucci (Oh, God), the freeway chase, those baller ass dreadlock twins, etc.

The third one definitely didn't jive with me, though. I don't remember liking much about that one at all.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 07:29 AM 09-08-2021
I think ending a trilogy of that magnitude in a truce between machines and humans, it left a bad taste in my mouth. Sure I'll go see this fourth one, but the Wachowski's got too far ahead of themselves with the original trilogy and I'm sure the ideas sounded good in their heads, but they couldn't stick the landing. I have nothing against Matrix:Reloaded, thought it was a great followup, but Revolutions made me forget about the trilogy all together.
[Reply]
Molitoth 08:27 AM 09-08-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
The Matrix: Reloaded came out when I was a preteen/teen so I thought it was awesome. The upgraded Neo vs Agents fight at the beginning, Neo vs 100 Agent Smiths, Neo vs the Merovingian's men, Monica Bellucci (Oh, God), the freeway chase, those baller ass dreadlock twins, etc.

The third one definitely didn't jive with me, though. I don't remember liking much about that one at all.
SAME!!! I LOVED Reloaded. All of those fight scenes were amazing.

Also agree that the third one was somewhat boring.
[Reply]
BWillie 08:44 AM 09-08-2021
Originally Posted by Frazod:
No shit. Both were terrible, incomprehensible piles of crap. I saw both sequels in the theater, but I couldn't tell you now what either one of them was about. Pissed at the freakshow directors for the second one; pissed at myself for wasting my time and money on the third, because I damn well should have known better.

I'm about as interested in Matrix 4 as I am in Avatars 2 through infinity.
I liked the 2nd one. Didn't like the 3rd one. The 3rd one made him too much - god like. Still think they should have went a Matrix TV series and just totally redid the thing.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 10:01 AM 09-08-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:

I haven’t seen it in forever. The action scenes were cool. But I hated the rave scene and when they met the architect dude, it completely lost me.

The 3rd I don’t even remember much at all. Parts of both bored me.
[Reply]
Sofa King 07:24 AM 09-09-2021
I liked them all. So there.
[Reply]
Molitoth 09:17 AM 09-09-2021

[Reply]
Molitoth 09:21 AM 09-09-2021
Oh, someone made a new thread.
[Reply]
Lzen 10:55 AM 09-09-2021
I enjoyed part 2 very much. Part 3 was okay but not nearly as good, IMO. I will definitely watch this new one.
[Reply]
BWillie 06:58 PM 12-20-2021
Early reviews are more or less positive. Nothing for RT but seems like Matrix fans should be in for a treat.
[Reply]
BWillie 07:00 PM 12-20-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
they're going to need a god damn good explanation for why neo is alive
Yes I took it in Matrix 3 that he allowed himself to be killed to be able to replace Smith in the Matrix, as to achieve a pact with the machines so that they will have peace and not destroy Zion.

Maybe he can be redownloaded into a human body - similar to how agent Smith somehow got into a body in the real world? It's all a little fuzzy, been a while.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 10:30 AM 12-21-2021
The trailer I saw for this made it look like a stinky piece of shit. Reviews are starting off in the low 60s for RT. I can definitely see that.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 01:50 PM 12-21-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
I haven’t seen it in forever. The action scenes were cool. But I hated the rave scene and when they met the architect dude, it completely lost me.

The 3rd I don’t even remember much at all. Parts of both bored me.
Architect scene was just annoying. I get that he's supposed to be this super intelligent being, but just cramming big words in there that are rarely used by normal people and talking so fast your audience can't grasp what he's saying is stupid.

I had to basicly simplify what he said to my friends/family that saw it so that after the film they understood what Neo was, how many times the cycle had happened, and what Neo was supposed to do.

Like, how hard would it have been to just say "You're an annoyance that despite all my efforts to correct has now happened 6 times.

Now we are on to the 7th. You are to walk through this door to the source, pressing the reset button and you will hand pick 23 people to free and restart Zion.

If you refuse, and choose to save Trinity instead, the matrix will crash and every human connected to it will die. After that, we will descend upon your city with all of our machines and destroy Zion and what remains of the human race and the extinction of your species will be your fault. The choice is yours."

I mean that's pretty straightforward.
[Reply]
Otter 04:53 PM 12-25-2021
5/10

At times comes off like a low budget straight to dvd movie. Lots of absurd gymnastics while firing fully auto weapons and silly choreographed kung fu. If you skip it, you're not missing much.
[Reply]
Sofa King 05:34 PM 12-25-2021
I really enjoyed it. I think they did a good job overall. Too much stuff crammed in at the start but it smoothed out and went pretty well.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 6
< 1234 56 >
Up