ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 5
< 1234 5 >
Media Center>If you're not in on HBO's Succession ...
Discuss Thrower 02:10 PM 09-07-2019
.. then you're missing out. It's like a harder edge Dallas laced with great dialogue peppered with dark humor.

Boar on the fucking floor.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 08:30 AM 11-29-2021
So, if Kenneth legally changed his name to Ke, would it be pronounced Key or Kay, . . . or are you just supposed to 'know.'
[Reply]
Baby Lee 10:14 AM 12-04-2021
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
There's a couple extra outlets if you are really into JW. He put out youtube clips before he got an HBO gig [though I think HBO has aired most of his existing material at this point]. Also, Conan had him on Conan O'Brien Needs A Friend podcast in what I'm sure is partly part of his new duties as an HBOMax property himself.

As for best series, hard to tell [particularly after GoT failed stick the landing] in the middle, but it's certainly a central part of HBO's legacy.

I still think Deadwood is the best series they've done, start to finish, but I'm a Milch-head.
'THE' episode of 'How To' is here, and I won't spoil anything by even alluding to why it's 'the' episode.
[Reply]
TinyEvel 02:45 PM 12-06-2021
That episode yesterday was awesome. So many cliffhangers I thought it was the season finale. But apparently next week is
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:40 AM 12-07-2021
Originally Posted by TinyEvel:
That episode yesterday was awesome. So many cliffhangers I thought it was the season finale. But apparently next week is
Yeah. Shit got moving. And I don’t mean Chivs ass in that dress. Well, I do mean Chivs ass in that dress. But other stuff too. I laughed hard at the dick pic thing. Even though Roman has been super fucking weird about sex.

And did they suggest Kendal drowned himself in the pool?
[Reply]
BigRock 01:18 AM 12-07-2021
Where I thought this season was going: Kendall, deeply effected by that waiter guy's death and all, finally realized once and for all what a cancerous tumor of a person his father is when Logan coldly dismissed the dead guy with the same language the execs used about the cruise victims, showing he was fully aware of that as well. So Kendall actually becomes a character worth rooting for as he straightens his shit out and works to oust his dad from the company.

What we got: Roman sends his dad a dick pic.
[Reply]
NEOM 12:31 PM 12-07-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:

And did they suggest Kendal drowned himself in the pool?
Don’t think he is dead. Maybe it will be something like he took drugs and killed himself almost..

But I don’t really see the point for Kendall anymore. He was the main driver in season 1 and 2, but what did he accomplish and what should happen with him going forward….
[Reply]
BigBeauford 01:56 PM 12-07-2021
Something tells me there was a gap in production between this episode and the rest of the season. Brian Cox seemed to age a fair amount, not sure if he was playing up to his character being ill or not,, but he looked much more frail in this episode. I'll be really bummed when we lose him.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 07:09 PM 12-10-2021
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
Something tells me there was a gap in production between this episode and the rest of the season. Brian Cox seemed to age a fair amount, not sure if he was playing up to his character being ill or not,, but he looked much more frail in this episode. I'll be really bummed when we lose him.
I got my friend a Brian Cox birthday wish from cameo last month. Aside from the fact that he called him 'Arthur' instead of 'Ankur' before realizing his mistake, he nailed the dialogue I scripted:

"I'm gonna pistol whip the next guy who says 'shenanigans'! Fuck off!"

He seemed fine.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 10:07 PM 12-10-2021
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
I got my friend a Brian Cox birthday wish from cameo last month. Aside from the fact that he called him 'Arthur' instead of 'Ankur' before realizing his mistake, he nailed the dialogue I scripted:

He seemed fine.
Gotta forgive, he gets all antsy in his pantsy when he gets the syrup in him.
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:21 AM 12-11-2021
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:

He seemed fine.
:-)
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 09:20 PM 12-12-2021
Damn the finale tonight was pretty good
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 10:18 PM 12-12-2021
Any award that doen't recognize either Cox, Culkin, McFayden or Strong for best actor is incorrect.
[Reply]
Buehler445 02:05 AM 12-13-2021
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Any award that doen't recognize either Cox, Culkin, McFayden or Strong for best actor is incorrect.
I’ll throw the writers in too. Good fuck the dialogue was amazing.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 11:11 AM 12-13-2021
It was a pretty shitty season up until the last 3 episodes. Then it turned it on. Hell of a finish.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 12:21 PM 12-13-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I’ll throw the writers in too. Good **** the dialogue was amazing.

Spoiler!
Hat tip of them for a) foreshadowing so many narrative payoffs that hit in the finale b) making the low-brow high.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 5
< 1234 5 >
Up