ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 29
« First < 289101112 1314151622 > Last »
Media Center>So....Dune 2020. Cool?
Amnorix 03:03 PM 08-19-2019
I learned today for the first time that a remake of the awesome book (and decidedly less awesome early 80s movie) Dune is being made, and is currently in post-production with a release date of December 18, 2020.

The cast includes many I don't know, but the ones I do know seem excellent for their roles. It's damn near a Marvel reunion...

Jason Mamoa as Duncan Idaho (the swordmaster of House Atreides)

Josh Brolin as Gurney Halleck (weaponsmaster of House Atreides, played memorably (and surprisingly) by Patrick Stewart in the original movie

Stellan Skarsgard as Baron Harkonnen

Dave Bautista (better known as Drax the Destroyer) as "Beast" Rabban, the nephew of Harkonnen

The most critical guy -- the one playing Paul is unknown to me. https://www.imdb.com/name/nm3154303/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cl_t3

This film is also only going to cover the first half of the book, which is good. It's really not possible to cover the whole thing in one 2 or 3 hour movie.

Anyway -- I love the book and a really good film would be great. What say you about all this news? Or am I just the last to known (as would be typical, to be honest!)
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 05:43 AM 10-08-2021
I just realized I’m going to be out of the country when the premiere happens.

Bummed.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 10:09 AM 10-08-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:

Bummed.
That's really too bad man. Decent destination anyway?

You could always HBO Max it with a VPN.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 10:52 AM 10-08-2021

Bummed.
What country? It might be playing in theaters there already?
[Reply]
Rausch 05:02 PM 10-08-2021
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Just got my tickets for the first show opening night. I haven't done that in years.

I guess I'm all in daring to hope again. If this ends up sucking I'll probably go into a psychotic rage.
Yeah, I'm not as big a fan as you but I did force the wife to agree to seeing it. The last flick I made her go to was "The Last Jedi" and we didn't talk for the first 10 minutes of the ride home...
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 05:16 AM 10-09-2021
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
That's really too bad man. Decent destination anyway?

You could always HBO Max it with a VPN.

Puerto Vallarta. Staying in a villa with some friends. HBO Max would be an option, for sure. Good idea!
[Reply]
burt 08:54 AM 10-09-2021
Puerto Vallarta. Staying in a villa with some friends. HBO Max would be an option, for sure. Good idea!
YOU, of all people.....MUST SEE this movie!!! I smile every time I see your name on here.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:29 AM 10-09-2021
Originally Posted by burt:
YOU, of all people.....MUST SEE this movie!!! I smile every time I see your name on here.

I can’t explain the joy I felt when I saw that Mamoa had been cast as my dude.
[Reply]
Bowser 10:14 AM 10-09-2021
Originally Posted by burt:
Lol, seriously. Duncan should have VIP seats to this flick on opening night. Something is off in the universe if that doesn't happen.
[Reply]
keg in kc 09:13 AM 10-10-2021
Originally Posted by Rausch:
Yeah, I'm not as big a fan as you but I did force the wife to agree to seeing it. The last flick I made her go to was "The Last Jedi" and we didn't talk for the first 10 minutes of the ride home...
Man, that really sucks.

I mean, only ten minutes of peace and quiet?
[Reply]
Frazod 02:21 PM 10-10-2021
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Man, that really sucks.

I mean, only ten minutes of peace and quiet?
I was with my ex-wife in a crowded theater when I cut a nasty silent-killer fart, waited about five seconds, then stood up, looked at her, said "Goddamn!" and got up and moved.

I got three days of peace and quiet. :-)
[Reply]
Simply Red 08:19 AM 10-14-2021
Originally Posted by ShiftyEyedWaterboy:
Yeah, it looks great. Really glad they aren’t going for a campy look.
i doubt you have to worry about that.
[Reply]
listopencil 03:17 AM 10-18-2021
Got around to watching this. I enjoyed it. That very first bit of exposition at the very beginning of the movie annoyed me but I settled down and got hooked in for the ride.
[Reply]
Frazod 06:17 AM 10-18-2021
Originally Posted by listopencil:
Got around to watching this. I enjoyed it. That very first bit of exposition at the very beginning of the movie annoyed me but I settled down and got hooked in for the ride.
Glad you enjoyed it. I realize there are ways I could watch it now if I wanted to, but I've got my tickets and am very much looking forward to actually going to a movie theater again.

Besides, I already know everything that's going to happen. :-)
[Reply]
Pants 03:19 PM 10-18-2021
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Glad you enjoyed it. I realize there are ways I could watch it now if I wanted to, but I've got my tickets and am very much looking forward to actually going to a movie theater again.

Besides, I already know everything that's going to happen. :-)
Same. I'm seeing this bad boy in IMAX. No way around it.

Not sure if you have seen this yet, Frazod, but movie critics who also happen to be giant fans of the book absolutely LOVE the film.
[Reply]
keg in kc 03:47 PM 10-18-2021
I think I've gotten too acclimated to being at home now. I didn't watch the bond movie yet and I'm gonna watch this on HBO Max. I guess I'm just not ready to deal with people yet.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 29
« First < 289101112 1314151622 > Last »
Up