ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 29
« First < 7891011 1213141521 > Last »
Media Center>So....Dune 2020. Cool?
Amnorix 03:03 PM 08-19-2019
I learned today for the first time that a remake of the awesome book (and decidedly less awesome early 80s movie) Dune is being made, and is currently in post-production with a release date of December 18, 2020.

The cast includes many I don't know, but the ones I do know seem excellent for their roles. It's damn near a Marvel reunion...

Jason Mamoa as Duncan Idaho (the swordmaster of House Atreides)

Josh Brolin as Gurney Halleck (weaponsmaster of House Atreides, played memorably (and surprisingly) by Patrick Stewart in the original movie

Stellan Skarsgard as Baron Harkonnen

Dave Bautista (better known as Drax the Destroyer) as "Beast" Rabban, the nephew of Harkonnen

The most critical guy -- the one playing Paul is unknown to me. https://www.imdb.com/name/nm3154303/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cl_t3

This film is also only going to cover the first half of the book, which is good. It's really not possible to cover the whole thing in one 2 or 3 hour movie.

Anyway -- I love the book and a really good film would be great. What say you about all this news? Or am I just the last to known (as would be typical, to be honest!)
[Reply]
sully1983 01:30 PM 09-05-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Ferguson was notable in The White Queen, also. And gets them out IIRC.
I've never even heard of this tv series. I notice its on Amazon Prime. Nice! Thanks for the heads up:-)
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:03 PM 09-05-2021
The reviews kick ass.

And the morons reviewing it ignorantly are hilarious.

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:05 PM 09-05-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Variety review dropped. they are saying it’s mesmerizing for about an hour or so. Then loses steam.

https://variety.com/2021/film/review...nt-1235051928/
This is good because the first part of the story is supposed to be the most boring.

I mean fuck, Lynch's Dune was a drag until the Harkonnen attacked.

I'm presuming this ends with the Fremen finding Paul and his mother, so that is very good news.

The cunt who wrote that probably hates toxic masculinity action films, so anything that sniffs of that is a turn off.

If so she can drink the water of life right out my bunghole.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:10 PM 09-05-2021
Dumbest thing I've ever read :-)

Originally Posted by :
The giant sandworms, who are protectors of the spice and burrow through the desert like a sinister underground tornado until they reveal themselves (they’re like monster nostrils that suck in everything in front of them), are good for a moment or two of old-fashioned creature-feature awe, but what, really, do they have to do with anything?
:-) :-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:47 AM 09-06-2021
Attention to detail. Mind-blowing.

https://screenrant.com/dune-denis-vi...mCYWuJD7y5IZPg

Originally Posted by :
I will say something to you guys that ... There's one thing that it's painful for me. It's Gurney Halleck's baliset. It's something that I shot. It's something that exists. Josh was awesome but for several reasons, I was not able to put it in Part One.

[Reply]
Pants 12:44 PM 09-06-2021
Finished re-reading the book a week ago.

My body is ready.
[Reply]
Pablo 05:35 PM 09-29-2021
I have no idea about anything Dune related but just saw a trailer and it looks badass.
[Reply]
Frazod 06:51 PM 09-29-2021
Going to try to go opening night, or at least opening weekend.

It will be the first time I've been in a movie theater in nearly two years.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 06:37 AM 09-30-2021
I hadn’t really thought about it until seeing the trailer (and watching one episode of Scenes from a Marriage, which I would describe as slowly peeling the scab off a deep cut that is only a day old. It hurts, but you can’t stop or look away for some unknown reason)…

But Oskar Isaac is a great casting choice for Duke Leto. He really brings the quiet dignity/confidence to the role.

I think the up-and-down portrayal of Poe Damerob made me forget how good he is.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 06:39 AM 09-30-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
I hadn’t really thought about it until seeing the trailer (and watching one episode of Scenes from a Marriage, which I would describe as slowly peeling the scab off a deep cut that is only a day old. It hurts, but you can’t stop or look away for some unknown reason)…

But Oskar Isaac is a great casting choice for Duke Leto. He really brings the quiet dignity/confidence to the role.

I think the up-and-down portrayal of Poe Damerob made me forget how good he is.
I won't be watching any more of Scenes from a Marriage. I enjoy both Isaac and Chastain, and they do a great job in that first episode. However, I have no need of watching such a depressing show.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 06:49 AM 09-30-2021
It’s been playing overseas the past several weeks and has been racking up good money.

That’s encouraging. Overseas audiences seem to like it.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 10:26 AM 10-07-2021
Great tagline at end. . . .

[Reply]
sully1983 11:17 AM 10-07-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
It’s been playing overseas the past several weeks and has been racking up good money.

That’s encouraging. Overseas audiences seem to like it.
This is definitely good to hear.
I'm obviously no box office expert here but how much do you think DUNE will have to make in order for Warner Bros to green light part 2?

I honestly have no clue. Damn where's that Dane guy when you need him lol
[Reply]
Frazod 09:16 PM 10-07-2021
Just got my tickets for the first show opening night. I haven't done that in years.

I guess I'm all in daring to hope again. If this ends up sucking I'll probably go into a psychotic rage.
[Reply]
sully1983 10:57 PM 10-07-2021
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Just got my tickets for the first show opening night. I haven't done that in years.

I guess I'm all in daring to hope again. If this ends up sucking I'll probably go into a psychotic rage.
Thats cool man. Hope you enjoy it.

I plan on seeing it opening day in IMAX (on the largest IMAX screen in the state of Arizona!)

I've been to the movie theaters a number of times this year but I haven't seen a film in IMAX since Interstellar (which came out way back in 2014) and it was a big letdown (had to wait in line for 45 minutes too because they had to clean the entire IMAX theater)

I have high hopes for DUNE. The final trailer got me hyped as hell.

I'm going to call my boss on the 21th (or perhaps even before that) telling her that I came down with a bad case of super AIDS that day so I hopefully I'll be able to get that day off. Can't wait!
[Reply]
Page 11 of 29
« First < 7891011 1213141521 > Last »
Up