ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 19 of 38
« First < 91516171819 2021222329 > Last »
Media Center>Yellowstone
srvy 09:22 AM 06-13-2018
New series to debut on Paramount network staring Kevin Costner. Trailer looks pretty good writer is Taylor Sheridan of the Sicario film series. Just my opinion but seams a loose take on Cliven Bundy.

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:23 PM 12-14-2021
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
It's ham-handed, but the essential point is that John is [only, grudgingly] running to keep Jamie from even considering it. So not so much 'rub his nose' and 'nip in bud.'
But again - why call Jamie to the presser?

I do think this may be John, in his own gruff-ass Dutton way, trying to protect Jamie from himself.

I mean how much public scrutiny does John really want Jamie facing. And yeah, now he'll face it, but with a lot more savvy (and a fair amount more "IDGAF") than Jamie would have.

I almost wonder if he doesn't feel like he's stepping in front of a bullet for Jamie, just as much as for Montana writ large.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 03:10 PM 12-14-2021
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
But again - why call Jamie to the presser?

I do think this may be John, in his own gruff-ass Dutton way, trying to protect Jamie from himself.

I mean how much public scrutiny does John really want Jamie facing. And yeah, now he'll face it, but with a lot more savvy (and a fair amount more "IDGAF") than Jamie would have.

I almost wonder if he doesn't feel like he's stepping in front of a bullet for Jamie, just as much as for Montana writ large.
Some of this maybe to a degree. But if “stepping in front of a bullet” for Jamie, why not give him a heads up before hand? Or hell, even just not telling him at all would have been kinder than this. This was just unusually cruel.

Unless the story is going to get more unbelievable and John has some how learned who was really behind the hit and punishing Jamie for covering it up. God, I hope that’s not the case, that would be even worse writing than we’ve seen so far this year.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:05 PM 12-14-2021
Are we being trolled at this point?

I mean 15 minutes of that episode were pointless musical interludes of some sort. And there was some horse jacking.

Oh, and evidently Jimmy can't fall off a horse without landing on a solid 7 that's looking to try to fuck him, for reasons that defy all logic or comprehension.

And why are we letting Laramie stay in the bunkhouse? It appears she's a fairly obvious source of tension and near as I can tell she doesn't actually do anything. Teeter is a badass so obviously letting her stay (especially wearing the brand) was a no-brainer. But what the hell's the point in letting this buckle-bunny who's banging a guy you wanted to kill anyway stick around?

Like I siad - I feel like we're just getting trolled at this point.
Right so that shitty cowboy in me song is a Tim McGraw one which I’m sure McGraw leveraged some money out of paramount for the 1887 series because agents man.

The other one felt more natural. But yeah. There was horse jacking.
[Reply]
gblowfish 12:06 PM 12-15-2021
I went back and watched the last show from the last three years because lots of stuff happens in the last show of each season. I don't know how many total people have been killed since the first episode, but I think it's in the neighborhood of 25 or 30. I think they've sent three or four guys to the "train station." The chick who had Jamie's baby is red hot. She straddles him in his campaign office in the first season and screws him on a desk. The chick who's currently hot for Kayce was a stripper that Rip hired to be a groomer and was the first chick in the bunkhouse. John has beat cancer and multiple gunshot wounds. Beth survived a brutal rape and being blown up in her office. Kayce's wife got a brain injury as a teacher and was being strangled by a serial rapist on the reservation when Mo took the guy out with a sniper shot to the head. Jamie killed a reporter after spilling the shit on his dad. There's a lot of complicated stuff going on here...
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:32 PM 12-15-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Right so that shitty cowboy in me song is a Tim McGraw one which I’m sure McGraw leveraged some money out of paramount for the 1887 series because agents man.

The other one felt more natural. But yeah. There was horse jacking.
Yeah, I feel like maybe "Cowboy in Me" was the moment the show jumped the shark.

That's a 5 minutes music video for a mainstream country artist where absolutely nothing happens because said artist is on a spinoff. And as noted - it's a shitty song.

The whole thing had a real "Benedict Cumberbatch is James Bond now" feel to it when you realized that 'uh oh, Sherlock might just suck now...'
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:52 PM 12-15-2021
Yeah, I feel like maybe "Cowboy in Me" was the moment the show jumped the shark.

That's a 5 minutes music video for a mainstream country artist where absolutely nothing happens because said artist is on a spinoff. And as noted - it's a shitty song.

The whole thing had a real "Benedict Cumberbatch is James Bond now" feel to it when you realized that 'uh oh, Sherlock might just suck now...'
Agreed. Especially on the shitty song business.

I’ll give them some rope though. I still sees avenues to save it.
[Reply]
gblowfish 08:07 PM 12-15-2021
Who's more pussywhipped? Jamie or Kacey?
[Reply]
displacedinMN 08:26 PM 12-15-2021
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
Jamie is a pussy. Kacey loves his wife.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:02 PM 12-15-2021
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
Jamie.

At least Kacey has tagged Monica more than once.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 08:10 PM 12-19-2021
Better episode tonight.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 11:27 PM 12-19-2021
1883 is pretty good if you like Westerns.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:37 PM 12-19-2021
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Better episode tonight.
Definitely a better episode. But damn. CRAZY shit happens in this town LOL.

Just a random holdup ends in massive gunfight? Hoo boy.

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
1883 is pretty good if you like Westerns.
The rest is going to be on the other side of the paywall, correct? I'm out.

Besides, I can't stand Tim McGraw OR Faith Hill to a degree that is uncalculatable.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 01:04 PM 12-20-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Definitely a better episode. But damn. CRAZY shit happens in this town LOL.

Just a random holdup ends in massive gunfight? Hoo boy.

The rest is going to be on the other side of the paywall, correct? I'm out.

Besides, I can't stand Tim McGraw OR Faith Hill to a degree that is uncalculatable.
Outside of Hazzard County. :-)

Tim McGraw is pretty damn good in the new show. Faith Hill is pretty blah. They try to put the Hollywood woke shit in a western from 1883 though lol.
[Reply]
Bwana 01:18 PM 12-20-2021
This season has had it's moments, but for the most part, it blows.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 01:21 PM 12-20-2021
Originally Posted by Bwana:
This season has had it's moments, but for the most part, it blows.
You probably shake your head at how they portray Montana in it like I do with Ozark.
[Reply]
Page 19 of 38
« First < 91516171819 2021222329 > Last »
Up