ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 16 of 20
« First < 61213141516 17181920 >
Media Center>Amazon Prime Video
Pitt Gorilla 03:10 PM 04-10-2018
Not sure this deserves it's own thread, but damn, there is a lot of outstanding content on Amazon. I've had it for years and never really gave it a shot. The HBO and Funny or Die catalogues alone make it worth the while. The originals are simply value added. I've been watching:

Curb Your Enthusiasm
Eastbound and Down
Zach Morris is Trash

Things in my queue:

Man in the High Castle
The Tick
Sneaky Pete
Jack Ryan

Would like to re-watch:

Sopranos
Between Two Ferns
Justified
Parks and Rec

Anything you'd recommend from Prime Video? I feel like a kid in a candy shop (without the requisite time to actually enjoy all the candy...)
[Reply]
ModSocks 08:56 AM 07-02-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Chris Pratt’s ‘The Tomorrow War’ just dropped tonight.
Nice. I didn't realize that was a prime exclusive.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:07 AM 07-02-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Nice. I didn't realize that was a prime exclusive.
My gal Yvonne Strahovski is in it too.
[Reply]
KCUnited 07:23 PM 07-02-2021
Chris Pratt’s ‘The Tomorrow War’ just dropped tonight.
This thing, woof
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:35 PM 07-02-2021
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
This thing, woof
:-)

I was looking forward some mindless fun. And Yvonne Strahovski.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:08 PM 07-02-2021
This thing, woof
I thought it was a good movie. The action sequences and CGI were credible and exciting. Way better than the BS movies Netflix keeps putting out.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 10:15 PM 07-02-2021
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I thought it was a good movie. The action sequences and CGI were credible and exciting. Way better than the BS movies Netflix keeps putting out.
Agreed. The action scenes were top notch. It’s decent and a lot of fun.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:46 PM 07-02-2021
This thing, woof
Yeah, it's fucking baaaaaaaaaad.

The story takes forever to get going, the alien's backstory is unimaginative and lame and I swear, it looked like Pratt was about to burst out laughing before every line.

There's a good reason why schlock like this is direct to video/streaming. It would have been absolutely embarrassed at the box office.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:47 PM 07-02-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:

I was looking forward some mindless fun. And Yvonne Strahovski.
She should definitely stick to TV because she has zero command or charisma to carry a feature film.

2 hours of Resting Bitch Face isn't acting.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:55 PM 07-02-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
She should definitely stick to TV because she has zero command or charisma to carry a feature film.

2 hours of Resting Bitch Face isn't acting.
Yeah, she's not winning any awards.

But she trips my trigger. It's a weakness.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:17 PM 07-02-2021
Yeah, it's ****ing baaaaaaaaaad.

The story takes forever to get going, the alien's backstory is unimaginative and lame and I swear, it looked like Pratt was about to burst out laughing before every line.

There's a good reason why schlock like this is direct to video/streaming. It would have been absolutely embarrassed at the box office.
I could care less about the story or pacing. I’m expecting horrible acting.
I’m watching an alien invasion movie it’s all about the action sequences.
[Reply]
KCUnited 05:23 AM 07-03-2021
An hour and a half of this "mindless action" film is a beyond stupid, laughably bad acted attempt at some father daughter storyline.
[Reply]
KCUnited 05:26 AM 07-03-2021
Yeah, it's fucking baaaaaaaaaad.

That's exactly how he looked and who could blame him, especially the Yvonne Strahovski scenes. That was some B side soap opera acting.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 07:31 AM 07-03-2021
Pratt plays every scene in every movie like he’s about to laugh.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:39 AM 07-03-2021
Pratt plays every scene in every movie like he’s about to laugh.
No shit, has anyone seen his movies before? He's not a great actor or he would have done meatier roles by now. He fits perfectly into non-serious popcorn movies.

Pre-covid, I would have never went to a movie theater to see this. Waited to see it on streaming. I'm at home on a Friday night with a big holiday weekend planned, this fit the bill.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 11:52 AM 07-03-2021
I liked the movie. It was a decent attempt at a unique idea with the time travel. The aliens were typical mindless monsters but they sort of had a throw away scene at the end to make it not as corny with us expecting these things to be mindless monsters also capable of space travel.
[Reply]
Page 16 of 20
« First < 61213141516 17181920 >
Up