ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Media Center>Curb your enthusiasm
GayFrogs 09:00 PM 10-01-2017
This needs to be a thread. New episode was great and the season arc looks amazing, even for larry david. Don't wanna spoil anything so I'll just leave it at that.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 12:07 AM 10-30-2017
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Episode 5 is on fire. Couldn't stop laughing at the 'chef made a face' conversation.
Yeah, he's used that before in the show, remember the Cobb Salad episode years ago?
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 02:21 PM 11-09-2017
"Goldfish would commit suicide in this water."
[Reply]
CoMoChief 02:26 PM 11-13-2017
Lost my shit at larry not thanking the war vet for his service.

Hilarious
[Reply]
GayFrogs 11:12 PM 11-13-2017
I'm glad curb finally tackled the issue of aspergers :-)
[Reply]
Simply Red 11:34 PM 11-13-2017
yeah last episode was fair - but this season (thus far) tis the weakest. I think most of us would agree there.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:50 PM 11-13-2017
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
yeah last episode was fair - but this season (thus far) tis the weakest. I think most of us would agree there.
I think it's been on par with past seasons.
[Reply]
GayFrogs 04:32 AM 11-14-2017
It's a little better than season 5 and 6
[Reply]
Baby Lee 07:17 AM 12-13-2019
Nolan Ryan fastball, right down the middle.
Larry's still got it

[Reply]
TwistedChief 09:33 PM 01-03-2022
Anyone watching this season?

It's so good.
[Reply]
kevrunner 09:40 PM 01-03-2022
I’m watching and really enjoying this season, the watermelon episode was epic. Also, didn’t realize that the city council woman that Larry is trying to get to change the swimming pool fence law, is Tracy Ullman. Some real good episodes this year.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 09:48 PM 01-03-2022
Perhaps my favorite season of the show. Larry David has not missed this year.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 09:51 PM 01-03-2022
Larry stealing the shoes from the Holocaust Museum cracked me up.

“They really knew how to make a shoe back then.”

“Well yeah, they had cobblers.”
[Reply]
kevrunner 10:20 PM 01-03-2022
Leon was great in the episode where he thought he could negotiate better deals for everyone when they wanted work done at their homes, then it backfired.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 02:48 AM 01-04-2022
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Perhaps my favorite season of the show. Larry David has not missed this year.
Yeah, I kinda feel the same way but didn't know if that was just recency bias or what. I find myself once an episode just cracking up beyond belief.

And wow - no idea that was Tracy Ullman. That's great.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 03:05 AM 01-04-2022
This year, I thought many bits were inspired and many ad-libs were among the best in the history of the show, but the overarching narrative was a little creaky.

And for me personally, I find it fascinating to try to divine how much Larry can accept how much his character is like Trump without full-on admitting it, or while still pushing back. He went pretty far this season, but I think he would argue that the differences he pointed out, or at the least the consequences he gave his character, are dispositive.

Not that it turns me off or radicalizes me, or anything like that, it's just a fascinating case study, because for the longest I've asserted that Larry in character on Curb is the most Trump-like popular character in pop culture. And Larry the person is among [both counted among, and rubbing shoulders with among] the most Trump-averse personalities in celebrity.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up