ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Which System Do You Use?
Playstation 24 47.06%
XBox 9 17.65%
Nintendo 0 0%
PC 18 35.29%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll
Page 87 of 254
« First < 37778384858687 8889909197137187 > Last »
Media Center>All Things Video Games & Game Reviews Part II
Gonzo 10:39 AM 08-31-2015
Hey all, you know the deal...
The other thread hit over 1,000 posts and we have server issues when that shit happens so here she be, a fancy new mega thread.

Anyway, just a quick rundown.

Post anything and everything gaming in here. Console games, handheld/mobile games or PC.

Playing something you love or maybe hate? Find a hidden gem on Steam? Let us know via a review. Try to make sure you give a good rundown on it. Graphics, sound, storyline, overall gameplay and replayability. Let's keep it at a 1-10 scale.

Thanks to all that left me awesome rep comments/posts and even pm's thanking me for the many reviews I wrote.
Just an FYI, developers do read our comments in here I guess. CD Projekt Red (of Witcher 3) was one that stopped by.

Anyway, thanks all for your input and as always, no griefing.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 09:05 PM 12-08-2018
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
Some of us prefer single player.

And games that allow both usually hose solo players.
Fallout 76 totally allows solo players but ya I get it a few years ago I was a single player guy only. I remember when games would give you the option of both as well. I'm actually totally for online games allowing solo play, one such game is the Division which punishes players for going solo.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 09:14 PM 12-08-2018
Originally Posted by New World Order:
Anyone playing MLB The Show?
I play the 2016 version. Pretty much the same game every year.
[Reply]
Bump 02:29 AM 12-09-2018
Anyone playing MLB The Show?
played 18 quite a bit when it came out, the Diamond Dynasty mode. Hated it, won't be buying it again. You either hit a home run or a pop up, that was pretty much it. Contact hitters weren't viable. You could do a fast player for base running cheese and you would get several errors per game with good fielders and everybody's lineup just had all power because that's all that mattered. Pitching was pretty terrible too, you couldn't throw fastballs, just low curves and sliders and everybody ran the bronze Neikro card for cheesy knuckleballs that most people couldn't hit.
[Reply]
New World Order 11:09 AM 12-09-2018
Originally Posted by Demonpenz:
I play the 2016 version. Pretty much the same game every year.
Yeah pretty much. I have 16 if you want to get some games in.

Originally Posted by Bump:
played 18 quite a bit when it came out, the Diamond Dynasty mode. Hated it, won't be buying it again. You either hit a home run or a pop up, that was pretty much it. Contact hitters weren't viable. You could do a fast player for base running cheese and you would get several errors per game with good fielders and everybody's lineup just had all power because that's all that mattered. Pitching was pretty terrible too, you couldn't throw fastballs, just low curves and sliders and everybody ran the bronze Neikro card for cheesy knuckleballs that most people couldn't hit.
I don't mess with DD. Maybe I'm too old I dunno. I do play h2h online and get some pretty good games in. I use the pulse for pitching. It's easier to throw more accurate pitches. Using the analog option, pitches would constantly float back to the middle of the plate and batters would hit them out of the park.

But yeah, power is pretty important. It's hard to get hit after hit to score. Just have to try to get a couple of guys on base then go for the dinger.
[Reply]
Bump 03:48 PM 12-09-2018
Yeah pretty much. I have 16 if you want to get some games in.

I don't mess with DD. Maybe I'm too old I dunno. I do play h2h online and get some pretty good games in. I use the pulse for pitching. It's easier to throw more accurate pitches. Using the analog option, pitches would constantly float back to the middle of the plate and batters would hit them out of the park.

But yeah, power is pretty important. It's hard to get hit after hit to score. Just have to try to get a couple of guys on base then go for the dinger.
ya I'm sure it's much more enjoyable outside of the DD mode
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:06 PM 12-10-2018
Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN:
I agree to a point, then you realize it's the same thing over and over. It's great when a new season launches for a couple of weeks, then you have everything and only reason to play is to grind the harder rifts. Diablo 2 had so much more to it and so many more areas to explore. Really hoping they do a new looter shooter type Diablo in the future.
That's a bit of recall bias. D2 wasn't nearly as large as D3 in terms of unique locations and it was totally repetitive as well. They're essentially the same game only D3 has way more loot.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:07 PM 12-10-2018
Originally Posted by DJJasonp:
I actually have enjoyed the last two Far Crys (not Primal).

Thought the ending of 5 was one of the better endings to a video game I've played in quite some time.
Primal is the only one I've played and it was freaking awesome.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 12:12 PM 12-10-2018
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
That's a bit of recall bias. D2 wasn't nearly as large as D3 in terms of unique locations and it was totally repetitive as well. They're essentially the same game only D3 has way more loot.
Also the runeword system is something no other company has touched and it was an awesome idea. You could also trade in Diablo 2 something that's pretty much lost on most of these types of games nowadays. Lots of different builds and skills/trees compared to 3. Diablo 2 did a lot of things great and those ideas were never expounded upon since that time. I'm not sure Diablo 3 has a lot more loot, even some rares in Diablo 2 were still great in the endgame especially the randomly created amulets.

I love both games, but Diablo 2 kept me for 10 plus years before the graphics were just too outdated. Diablo 3 while fun seems to be ok to keep you for a month or two and then let you go until the next season restarts.
[Reply]
lcarus 12:19 PM 12-10-2018
I bought Shadow of the Tomb Raider on sale for $30 bucks and I'm enjoying it. It doesn't seem a whole hell of a lot different than Rise of the Tomb Raider in terms of gameplay. So far they put a bigger emphasis on tombs. If you can imagine actually having tombs to raid in....Tomb Raider. Less emphasis on stupid, boring, repetitive duck and cover shootouts every 10 seconds.
[Reply]
Jerm 12:26 PM 12-10-2018
Dabbled in Black Ops 4's MP over the weekend...first map on Kill Confirmed is Slums...ahh the memories. Love that map.

Can't believe how much I'm enjoying a CoD again.
[Reply]
lcarus 12:55 PM 12-10-2018
Originally Posted by Jerm:
Dabbled in Black Ops 4's MP over the weekend...first map on Kill Confirmed is Slums...ahh the memories. Love that map.

Can't believe how much I'm enjoying a CoD again.
How is the zombies in BO4? That's really the only thing I care about in COD. Loved most of BO3 zombies maps.
[Reply]
Jerm 01:42 PM 12-10-2018
Originally Posted by lcarus:
How is the zombies in BO4? That's really the only thing I care about in COD. Loved most of BO3 zombies maps.
TBH I haven't played any Zombies...been all Blackout and MP for me.
[Reply]
DMAC 02:29 PM 12-10-2018
No Man's Sky for $9.97 at Gamestop. Free shipping.

https://www.gamestop.com/ps4/games/no-mans-sky/129026

Years of updates have made this game worthwhile.
[Reply]
kcxiv 02:47 PM 12-10-2018
BO4 MP and zombies is boring as fuck, Blackout is the only mode worth playing! Its fun!
[Reply]
Fish 02:54 PM 12-10-2018
Originally Posted by DMAC:
No Man's Sky for $9.97 at Gamestop. Free shipping.

https://www.gamestop.com/ps4/games/no-mans-sky/129026

Years of updates have made this game worthwhile.
No thanks. They should have done it right the first time.
[Reply]
Page 87 of 254
« First < 37778384858687 8889909197137187 > Last »
Up