ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Which System Do You Use?
Playstation 24 47.06%
XBox 9 17.65%
Nintendo 0 0%
PC 18 35.29%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll
Page 139 of 256
« First < 3989129135136137138139 140141142143149189239 > Last »
Media Center>All Things Video Games & Game Reviews Part II
Gonzo 10:39 AM 08-31-2015
Hey all, you know the deal...
The other thread hit over 1,000 posts and we have server issues when that shit happens so here she be, a fancy new mega thread.

Anyway, just a quick rundown.

Post anything and everything gaming in here. Console games, handheld/mobile games or PC.

Playing something you love or maybe hate? Find a hidden gem on Steam? Let us know via a review. Try to make sure you give a good rundown on it. Graphics, sound, storyline, overall gameplay and replayability. Let's keep it at a 1-10 scale.

Thanks to all that left me awesome rep comments/posts and even pm's thanking me for the many reviews I wrote.
Just an FYI, developers do read our comments in here I guess. CD Projekt Red (of Witcher 3) was one that stopped by.

Anyway, thanks all for your input and as always, no griefing.
[Reply]
Sofa King 01:06 PM 12-27-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
I'm guessing everyone has seen that Unreal 5/Matrix demo by now?
Yeah. Looks pretty sweet. Shame I don't have a Ps5.

Looking for a new game to beat. Recents I've beaten are FF7 remake, Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Borderlands 3, Diablo 2 Ressurected. Probably going to finish Rise of the Tomb Raider and then maybe Hellblade Senua's sacrifice before Horizon Zero Dawn 2 comes out. Haven't gotten Age of Empires 4 yet, so that's a possibility too.
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 03:05 PM 12-28-2021
Steam is having a big sale on tons of games if any of you are interested
[Reply]
Pants 09:44 PM 12-28-2021
Originally Posted by mac459:
Epic is doing their 15 days of free games. I am not sure how many days are left but some games have been pretty damn good.

They also have a great sale and unlimited $10 off coupons.

I got Metro Exodus and Borderlands 3 for $9.98 total. LOL
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 08:29 AM 12-29-2021
Originally Posted by Sofa King:
Yeah. Looks pretty sweet. Shame I don't have a Ps5.

Looking for a new game to beat. Recents I've beaten are FF7 remake, Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Borderlands 3, Diablo 2 Ressurected. Probably going to finish Rise of the Tomb Raider and then maybe Hellblade Senua's sacrifice before Horizon Zero Dawn 2 comes out. Haven't gotten Age of Empires 4 yet, so that's a possibility too.
If you're into RPGs, I've been playing Tales of Arise and it's been pretty good. I'm about 75 hours into it but I like to do all the side missions and stuff.
[Reply]
HC_Chief 09:08 AM 12-29-2021
Originally Posted by mac459:
Hollow Knight - best g'damn indie game ever and arguably overall; it is excellent, and incredible when you consider it was developed by three guys in Australia. $7.49

Dead Cells - the ultimate action roguelike side scroller. $14.99

Hob - indie adventure/platformer. Unique and interesting; pure adventure in that there is no dialogue or written guides - the gameplay tells the story (rather than exposition) $9.99

Hades - another fantastic action roguelike game with fantastic art style and cool Greek mythology premise $16.24

Ori (two titles) - Blind Forest is the first installment, Will of the Wisps is the second. Both are excellent. Former is $4.99, latter is $9.89.

Chill/stoner games (think Journey):

GRIS - this game is a work of art. From a game studio in Spain. It is like playing a watercolor painting. Absolutely beautiful game. $4.24

ABZU - fun chill game where you explore the ocean and uncover mysteries of Atlantis $6.99

RiME - adventure/exploration game, also out of Spain. Beautiful and atmospheric. $10.49

Journey - iconic atmospheric adventure game. $7.49
[Reply]
BigBeauford 09:39 AM 12-29-2021
Originally Posted by HC_Chief:
Hollow Knight - best g'damn indie game ever and arguably overall; it is excellent, and incredible when you consider it was developed by three guys in Australia. $7.49

Dead Cells - the ultimate action roguelike side scroller. $14.99

Hob - indie adventure/platformer. Unique and interesting; pure adventure in that there is no dialogue or written guides - the gameplay tells the story (rather than exposition) $9.99

Hades - another fantastic action roguelike game with fantastic art style and cool Greek mythology premise $16.24

Ori (two titles) - Blind Forest is the first installment, Will of the Wisps is the second. Both are excellent. Former is $4.99, latter is $9.89.

Chill/stoner games (think Journey):

GRIS - this game is a work of art. From a game studio in Spain. It is like playing a watercolor painting. Absolutely beautiful game. $4.24

ABZU - fun chill game where you explore the ocean and uncover mysteries of Atlantis $6.99

RiME - adventure/exploration game, also out of Spain. Beautiful and atmospheric. $10.49

Journey - iconic atmospheric adventure game. $7.49
Yo, you have excellent taste in games. Have you played Inscryption?
[Reply]
DJJasonp 09:56 AM 12-29-2021
Originally Posted by Lzen:
I considered starting a thread just for arcade cabinet gamers but I guess this thread might be okay for this. So, is anyone else into old style arcade cabinet type games? I just recently bought this.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Defender-...3?athbdg=L1100

The image is not quite right as the trim is not red, it's black. Still, it looks pretty cool and I'm having a blast with this. Games included are Mortal Kombat™, Mortal Kombat II™, Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3™, Joust™, Defender™, Rampage™, Gauntlet™, Paperboy™, Rootbeer Tapper™, Bubbles™, Toobin™, and Wizard of Wor.

Also, I just ordered a cabinet that has Donkey Kong (one of my all time favorites) and a ton of other games on it. Was hoping to get it before New Year's but sadly, it won't be here until early January.
yep. I build those. Have built 3 so far. My latest project was a pedestal with all the joysticks, trackball, tron handle, light guns, etc.

Working on a virtual pinball cabinet now. Obsessed with it, actually. They are fun hobbies.
[Reply]
HC_Chief 10:08 AM 12-29-2021
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
Yo, you have excellent taste in games. Have you played Inscryption?
Thanks, no I have not . Checking it out now! :-)
[Reply]
BigBeauford 10:22 AM 12-29-2021
Originally Posted by HC_Chief:
Thanks, no I have not . Checking it out now! :-)
You seem to enjoy roguelikes/lites (my favorite category). It's similarish to slay the spire, but still different. Also, it's got some interesting other trappings. I suggest not spoiling yourself.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 11:50 AM 12-29-2021
Holy cow! Deep Rock Galactic is free for PS+ users in January. Yall are in for a massive treat.
[Reply]
Stryker 11:53 AM 12-29-2021
Originally Posted by DJJasonp:
yep. I build those. Have built 3 so far. My latest project was a pedestal with all the joysticks, trackball, tron handle, light guns, etc.

Working on a virtual pinball cabinet now. Obsessed with it, actually. They are fun hobbies.
I was super into arcade coin-op games back in 2005. I had a converted "Centipede" cabinet that I painted black. I replaced the monitor with a wells gardner and the joysticks with new Happs ones. The JAMMA board in the cabinet when i got it was Street Fighter II. I was new to this and had the cabinet with just SF2 for about 2 years or so. Then I found out that you could swap out the JAMMA board and it was ON! I bought so many JAMMA boards off of eBay along with the marquees - it became a passion. I had an acrylic template that I would use to size up the marquee for my cabinet and take it to a specialty company here in town that would cut the marquee down to size. Fun times! Sold the arcade machine and my Black Knight 2000 pinball machine to a fellow in Oklahoma who was converting his garage to an arcade room.
[Reply]
Fish 08:00 PM 12-29-2021
That's some quality cheap entertainment right there...

[Reply]
tredadda 09:30 PM 12-29-2021
So Playstation direct is offering Nioh Collection for the PS5 for $39.99. I have the PS4 version of Nioh that I got on Playstation Plus for free and I have Nioh 2 which upgraded to the PS5 version. I know the PS5 Nioh Collection comes with all the DLC. Has anyone who has played them provide whether it's worth getting or should I just stick with what I got?
[Reply]
Rausch 10:11 PM 12-29-2021
Monster Rancher 1 and 2 released on steam last week. I'm addicted all over again. I wasn't super pumped about the $30 price tag but my OG copy wasn't going to last much longer anyway.
[Reply]
Dayze 10:26 PM 12-29-2021
wife picked up Just Cause 4 for me as a stocking stuffer; she bought it on a whim as it was on sale for like $9 and figured I could use a new (new to me) game to occupy me in the doldrums of winter.

never heard of it or played it; haven't played it yet. anyone have thoughts on it?
[Reply]
Page 139 of 256
« First < 3989129135136137138139 140141142143149189239 > Last »
Up