ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 20 of 335
« First < 101617181920 212223243070120 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Thread
BigRedChief 08:29 PM 01-08-2015
Feel free to discuss any future speculation, theories. Anything from the books is fair game to post. Everything that has been broadcast on TV or from HBO. No spoilers needed.

1. If you watched or know the events that will take place in a unaired episode that has not been broadcast on HBO, you must put all the information and comments in a spoiler tag.
  2. Do not post any media of any kind involving actual content from unaired episodes without being in a spoiler. The only exception to the spoiler rule is content publicly posted from HBO and or the GOT actor themselves. Teasers, promos, trailers etc.

Any person unable to follow the spoiler rules will be banned from this thread. 14 days for first offense. Perm banned from the thread for a 2nd offense.

[Reply]
NewChief 09:13 PM 05-18-2015
Yeah. **** the rape scene. Sometimes it just feels like this series wants to wallow in the darker aspects of humanity. I know that Sansa will likely get some redemption and Ramsey will get his... but ****. The rape scene was just so ridiculously melodramatic to the point that it just feels like pure sadism on the part of the writers.

They just want to put the audience through misery for the sake of putting them through misery.

The Tyrion/Jorah subplot was great this week.

The Arya subplot was okay. Not really anything special. As VP said, if you've read the books then it feels like we're getting the Reader's Digest version of her story.

The Sandsnake thing pretty much went down as it did in the books with the addition of Jaime and Bron. The Sand snakes end up coming off like the petulant, petty clueless girls that they are who have no idea how the Game of Thrones is actually played.

The King's Landing is only bearable to watch because I know that Cersei is about to get hers. Otherwise... geezus. Tommen. You ****ing pussy. And Cersei is such a ****ing dumbass made all the more dumb by her cluelessness to the fact of how dumb she is. What's the syndrome people talk about on here where dumbasses' dumbassery is made even more dumbass by the fact that they not only don't realize they're a dumbass but think they're smart? Yeah. Cersei has that.

Edit: Dunning-Kruger effect. Cersei has a full blown case.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:56 PM 05-18-2015
Have to agree on the Sand Snakes. Shitty cause, shitty accents, shitty acting- just shitty. Who's that big black motherfucker with the spear? He must be a boss if he's saying he'd have given Jaime a good fight prior to his mutilation.

Oh, and how much of a pussy is Tommen? Hate to say it but Joffery would have never allowed such insolence!
[Reply]
NewChief 09:59 PM 05-18-2015
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Have to agree on the Sand Snakes. Shitty cause, shitty accents, shitty acting- just shitty. Who's that big black mother****er with the spear? He must be a boss if he's saying he'd have given Jaime a good fight prior to his mutilation.

Oh, and how much of a pussy is Tommen? Hate to say it but Joffery would have never allowed such insolence!
Battle Axe dude is Areo Hotah. He's a badass in the books as well.

Originally Posted by :
Areo was the youngest of six children and was sold to the bearded priests at a young age. At age 16, he completed his training. He was wedded to his axe and branded on his chest to signify the event. He came to Dorne with Mellario of Norvos when she married Doran, thus entering his service.[2] When he first arrived in Dorne he found Dornish women lewd, Dornish wine sour, and Dornish food full of queer hot spices. He also thought the Dornish sun was hotter than the pale, wan sun of Norvos.

Hotah watched all of Doran and Mellario's children grow up, and has developed a father-like love for princess Arianne Martell, whom he refers to as "little princess." Despite this affection, however, Hotah is utterly loyal to Prince Doran, and whenever Hotah has personal misgivings about the orders he receives, he reminds himself of his simple vow, "Serve, Obey, Protect."

[Reply]
tomahawk kid 07:37 AM 05-19-2015
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Evidently.
I'm actually pleased by that change.

I wasn't down with the whole blind Arya story line.
[Reply]
Amnorix 07:50 AM 05-19-2015
Originally Posted by NewChief:
The King's Landing is only bearable to watch because I know that Cersei is about to get hers. Otherwise... geezus. Tommen. You ****ing pussy. And Cersei is such a ****ing dumbass made all the more dumb by her cluelessness to the fact of how dumb she is. What's the syndrome people talk about on here where dumbasses' dumbassery is made even more dumbass by the fact that they not only don't realize they're a dumbass but think they're smart? Yeah. Cersei has that.

Edit: Dunning-Kruger effect. Cersei has a full blown case.

Start at 1:45 and of the clip and you will see:

1. Tywin completely agrees with us. "I don't distrust you because you are a woman, I distrust you because you're not as smart as you think you are."

2. Tywin completely rejects EXACTLY what Cercei is currently doing -- trying to take down, eliminate or marginalize the Tyrells. Cercei is too dumb to realize that she is alienating her son's best natural allies, AFTER she has already insulted and undercut her ability to get support from HER OWN house.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-fPqhXZrOE

At this point, she has cleverly removed or undercut all of her own allies and other sources of support. And she has who/what left in King's Landing to rely on? Peytr Baelish?!? Good lord. Petty, self-centered and not as smart as she thinks she is, she is cleverly and carefully weakening her own position, and the crown's.
[Reply]
Amnorix 07:53 AM 05-19-2015
Have to agree on the Sand Snakes. Shitty cause, shitty accents, shitty acting- just shitty. Who's that big black motherfucker with the spear? He must be a boss if he's saying he'd have given Jaime a good fight prior to his mutilation.

As NewChief notes, he's seriously bad-ass, or at least built up that way in the books. One thing is for certain -- nobody in Dorne screws with him.

Think of him as an Arthur Dayne or Barristan Selmy, but instead of serving the king he serves House Martell's leader, and instead of a sword he has an axe.

Even the Sand Snakes (and there are eight of them in the books, not three) don't fuck with him, if that's any clue...
[Reply]
tomahawk kid 07:57 AM 05-19-2015
Originally Posted by Amnorix:
Start at 1:45 and of the clip and you will see:

1. Tywin completely agrees with us. "I don't distrust you because you are a woman, I distrust you because you're not as smart as you think you are."

2. Tywin completely rejects EXACTLY what Cercei is currently doing -- trying to take down, eliminate or marginalize the Tyrells. Cercei is too dumb to realize that she is alienating her son's best natural allies, AFTER she has already insulted and undercut her ability to get support from HER OWN house.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-fPqhXZrOE

At this point, she has cleverly removed or undercut all of her own allies and other sources of support. And she has who/what left in King's Landing to rely on? Peytr Baelish?!? Good lord. Petty, self-centered and not as smart as she thinks she is, she is cleverly and carefully weakening her own position, and the crown's.
Couldn't agree more. You just have to wonder, at what point, does the High Sparrow flip on her?

I have to think it happens fairly soon and that it involves Lancel.
[Reply]
Amnorix 08:06 AM 05-19-2015
Originally Posted by tomahawk kid:
Couldn't agree more. You just have to wonder, at what point, does the High Sparrow flip on her?

I have to think it happens fairly soon and that it involves Lancel.

Yes. Another point of stupidity for her -- thinking that her saving his life and/or keeping him from prison, and helping to elevate him to the leadership of the Church is going to make that religious nutter beholden to her or loyal to her. I'm sure he will look favorably upon her, but push come to shove, he's a religious nutter and isn't going to be thinking about secular, quid-pro-quo, Machiavellian maneuverings.

She's an idiot to think he's Peytr Baelish wearing a frock (or rags, in this particular case).
[Reply]
MagicHef 09:59 AM 05-19-2015
Why would it be? Limiting yourself only to the tv show stuff, I'm not sure how it has become an important item to know.
Well, it's really the only reason that Myrcella's storyline matters. Other than, of course how TOTALLY COOL the sand snakes are.
[Reply]
MagicHef 10:13 AM 05-19-2015
Also, why would it be so condemning that a squire (who helps the knight get dressed) would know about a birthmark on the knight's body?
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 12:36 PM 05-19-2015
Originally Posted by MagicHef:
Also, why would it be so condemning that a squire (who helps the knight get dressed) would know about a birthmark on the knight's body?
It wouldn't. Just plot hole 9,999 in season 5.
[Reply]
Amnorix 12:52 PM 05-19-2015
Originally Posted by MagicHef:

That came immediately to my mind also. Should've been a birthmark on his dick, or his erect penis curves to the right, or something. Or maybe they're going to use this "he's his SQUIRE, of course he knows about a birthmark on his thigh" as part of the defense at trial.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 01:00 PM 05-19-2015
I didn't read too much into that. It's not like they have DNA or video evidence to work with.

Cersei basically put Joffery's death on Tyrion just by getting a bunch of people to say he did it.
[Reply]
Amnorix 01:07 PM 05-19-2015
I didn't read too much into that. It's not like they have DNA or video evidence to work with.

Cersei basically put Joffery's death on Tyrion just by getting a bunch of people to say he did it.

"Bunch of", versus "one"
[Reply]
ThaVirus 01:12 PM 05-19-2015
"Bunch of", versus "one"

The point I was making is that their legal system is shoddy. Would you disagree?
[Reply]
Page 20 of 335
« First < 101617181920 212223243070120 > Last »
Up