ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 335
« First < 51112131415 161718192565115 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Thread
BigRedChief 08:29 PM 01-08-2015
Feel free to discuss any future speculation, theories. Anything from the books is fair game to post. Everything that has been broadcast on TV or from HBO. No spoilers needed.

1. If you watched or know the events that will take place in a unaired episode that has not been broadcast on HBO, you must put all the information and comments in a spoiler tag.
  2. Do not post any media of any kind involving actual content from unaired episodes without being in a spoiler. The only exception to the spoiler rule is content publicly posted from HBO and or the GOT actor themselves. Teasers, promos, trailers etc.

Any person unable to follow the spoiler rules will be banned from this thread. 14 days for first offense. Perm banned from the thread for a 2nd offense.

[Reply]
Bowser 09:14 PM 05-03-2015
What the fuck is that shit??
[Reply]
kcpasco 09:31 PM 05-03-2015
My guess is they are gonna give Jorah all of Barristans stuff from book 5 6 and 7.
They are gonna skip all the slave and sellsword stuff.
[Reply]
Ragged Robin 11:17 PM 05-03-2015
wut... why... did they feel the need to needlessly kill Barristan?? ugh :-)

also wasn't as epic as it should have been, we're talking about the greatest fighter in ****ing Westeros and he barely killed ~10 dudes in robes with only daggers.. about as many as greyworm :-)

EDIT: Just found this that describes what I just said perfectly:

[Reply]
tomahawk kid 09:25 AM 05-04-2015
Has it been mentioned anywhere if we're going to see anything on Edmure / Brendan Tully this season?

I believe in the books, Blackfish is still holding Riverrun in Rob's name - correct?
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:57 AM 05-04-2015
Originally Posted by Ragged Robin:
wut... why... did they feel the need to needlessly kill Barristan?? ugh :-)

also wasn't as epic as it should have been, we're talking about the greatest fighter in ****ing Westeros and he barely killed ~10 dudes in robes with only daggers.. about as many as greyworm :-)

EDIT: Just found this that describes what I just said perfectly:

Come on man....he's older now.
[Reply]
raybec 4 09:58 AM 05-04-2015
Originally Posted by kcpasco:
My guess is they are gonna give Jorah all of Barristans stuff from book 5 6 and 7.
They are gonna skip all the slave and sellsword stuff.
Fuck that shit, Barristan the Bold aint dead
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:10 AM 05-04-2015
Selmy is definitely old as dick. Hence why he said "even now I could cut you down", and that was a few years ago in the timeline.

If the dude can cut down 10 scrubs sans armor well into his 70s, you can imagine the wet work he'd have put in in his 30s. I thought it was a nice little homage to his lethality..

After reading the books I've found that Thrones is all about rep. You rarely ever see anyone doing work, you just hear about it.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:21 AM 05-04-2015
The wife was freaking out last night. She's a big fan of Grey Worm.
[Reply]
Skyy God 10:45 AM 05-04-2015
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
**** that shit, Barristan the Bold aint dead
He's most certainly dead... actor confirmed in an interview.
[Reply]
raybec 4 10:52 AM 05-04-2015
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
He's most certainly dead... actor confirmed in an interview.
Link?
[Reply]
Skyy God 10:59 AM 05-04-2015
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
Link?
http://www.ew.com/article/2015/05/01...n-dead-thrones
[Reply]
AndChiefs 12:03 PM 05-04-2015
Just for the record...arya will be killing ser meryn rather than the black brother.
[Reply]
Hawk 12:19 PM 05-04-2015
Barristan is dead, they showed him dead in the previews for next week. Grey Worm will live.

I really enjoyed this episode. Was not expecting the Selmy death, but I get it. I guess that means he dies in the battle of mereen in book 6.

Loved the scene with Shireen and Stannis, very touching. But they are really setting up poor Shireen here. Remember last season Stannis' bitch wife didn't want to bring her, but Melisandre told her she had to come because the lord of light needed her and she showed her something in the flames. Now Melisandre made a point of saying to her that Stannis' blood runs through Shireen and gave her a knowing look. I think Mel is going to want to use Shireen's kings blood for some evil purpose here soon, and it will be interesting to see how Stannis reacts to it.

At the same time that the show deviates wildly from the books, it throws a bone to book nerds with all the set up regarding Jon and his parentage. First Selmy talks about what a great guy Rhaegar was and how he sang to the crowds and gave the money away, didn't love to fight, etc. Then you get Littlefinger telling the story of the tourney at Harrenhall when "all the smiles died" as Rhaegar gave the wreath of blue roses to Lyanna, and Littlefinger's knowing look when Sansa claimed Rhaegar kidnapped and raped Lyanna (which seemed out of character for Rhaegar after Selmy's story). Then you have Stannis saying Ned doing some bar wench was not "Ned's way", followed by the scene where Melisandre tells Jon there is power running through him .... Nicely done I thought
[Reply]
raybec 4 12:32 PM 05-04-2015
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
http://www.ew.com/article/2015/05/01...n-dead-thrones
Shit, I can't access that at work
[Reply]
raybec 4 12:33 PM 05-04-2015
Originally Posted by AndChiefs:
Just for the record...arya will be killing ser meryn rather than the black brother.
Good, I hope she smokes his ass
[Reply]
Page 15 of 335
« First < 51112131415 161718192565115 > Last »
Up