ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 14 of 335
« First < 41011121314 151617182464114 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Thread
BigRedChief 08:29 PM 01-08-2015
Feel free to discuss any future speculation, theories. Anything from the books is fair game to post. Everything that has been broadcast on TV or from HBO. No spoilers needed.

1. If you watched or know the events that will take place in a unaired episode that has not been broadcast on HBO, you must put all the information and comments in a spoiler tag.
  2. Do not post any media of any kind involving actual content from unaired episodes without being in a spoiler. The only exception to the spoiler rule is content publicly posted from HBO and or the GOT actor themselves. Teasers, promos, trailers etc.

Any person unable to follow the spoiler rules will be banned from this thread. 14 days for first offense. Perm banned from the thread for a 2nd offense.

[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 05:39 AM 04-28-2015
Originally Posted by BigRichard:
I would say the spoiler thread is just about worthless now. So much has went away from the books you really don't know what will happen.
I disagree. I find it pretty entertaining to try and speculate where the directors are taking the story in comparison to the books. Can't really have that discussion without the spoiler thread.
[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 06:54 PM 04-28-2015
Did Jon cut Slynt's head off in one swing in the books? I know there were few in Westeros capable; Ned being one. Theon and Rob failed horribly when trying.
[Reply]
Hawk 10:21 AM 04-29-2015
Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan:
Did Jon cut Slynt's head off in one swing in the books? I know there were few in Westeros capable; Ned being one. Theon and Rob failed horribly when trying.
Yes, Jon did it in one swing. To be fair, Ned and Jon were using Valyrian Steel swords, and Robb and Theon were not.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:10 AM 04-29-2015
Originally Posted by Hawk:
Yes, Jon did it in one swing. To be fair, Ned and Jon were using Valyrian Steel swords, and Robb and Theon were not.
We were deprived the epicness of "Edd, fetch me a block..."

I mean, 'get my sword' was cool and all, but the book line was just the peak of badass.
[Reply]
Bowser 11:27 AM 04-29-2015
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
We were deprived the epicness of "Edd, fetch me a block..."

I mean, 'get my sword' was cool and all, but the book line was just the peak of badass.
Truth.

However, I did enjoy the approving little nod Stannis threw Jon's way after the deed was done. That was straight out of the book.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:35 PM 04-29-2015
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Truth.

However, I did enjoy the approving little nod Stannis threw Jon's way after the deed was done. That was straight out of the book.
I can't help but feel that Stannis is completely fucked, but I still really like the guy.

I keep kinda hoping that the whiny tween princess just chills in Essos while Stannis kicks the shit out of the Others and takes over Westeros. Stannis is a boss.
[Reply]
NewChief 12:37 PM 04-29-2015
I feel like they've started to make Stannis more likeable/respectable in the series than he is in the books.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 12:45 PM 04-29-2015
Definitely. I mentioned in one of these threads how I'm starting like ol' Stann-daddy... Which means he'll likely get the axe soon.

BUT... Melisandre makes things a bit more interesting. That chick is powerful. I'm not sure he'll die with her in the mix.

Actually, I'm reading Storm of Swords now and she claimed the Lord of Light has chosen Stann-daddy. She says he's Azor Ahai.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:06 PM 04-29-2015
Originally Posted by NewChief:
I feel like they've started to make Stannis more likeable/respectable in the series than he is in the books.
Maybe a little, but I liked him during my readings of the books as well.

He's mule-stubborn but I think he really is one of the few people involved in this mess with a legitimate sense of duty and benevolence.
[Reply]
NewChief 01:08 PM 04-29-2015
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Maybe a little, but I liked him during my readings of the books as well.

He's mule-stubborn but I think he really is one of the few people involved in this mess with a legitimate sense of duty and benevolence.
Yeah. I feel like the books emphasize his betrayal of his family (daughter and wife) in favor of Melisandre a little more. That betrayal, to me, is the thing that sort of gives the lie to his supposed honor/duty and benevolence.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:18 PM 04-29-2015
Originally Posted by NewChief:
Yeah. I feel like the books emphasize his betrayal of his family (daughter and wife) in favor of Melisandre a little more. That betrayal, to me, is the thing that sort of gives the lie to his supposed honor/duty and benevolence.
He he sorta bangs her on the map table in the show, so they don't exactly gloss over that.

He seems like a pretty unhappy guy, no doubt. He also seems like a good leader thought, that's all. Miserable family life, constantly dour under the weight of burdens he mostly puts on himself. In the end though, he's essentially Ned Stark with an ugly wife and deformed kid.
[Reply]
MagicHef 01:33 PM 04-29-2015
It seems like last season has been forgotten.

Book Stannis uses tactics and strategy with his decent sized army to save the Night's Watch from certain death in the face of an insurmountable foe, while Show Stannis interrupts peace talks to slaughter a pitiful-looking band of rag-tag fighters with his own enormous army.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 11:05 PM 04-29-2015
Originally Posted by MagicHef:

Book Stannis uses tactics and strategy with his decent sized army to save the Night's Watch from certain death in the face of an insurmountable foe, while Show Stannis interrupts peace talks to slaughter a pitiful-looking band of rag-tag fighters with his own enormous army.
Uh... what? The show's Night's Watch would have been obliterated by the Free Folk.
[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 08:45 AM 04-30-2015
Originally Posted by Hawk:
Very true. It was still epic. I love the new "leader" Snow. The show has seemed to pussify him. Almost every one of his fights with anyone of significance, he's had someone bail him out.
[Reply]
Bowser 10:43 AM 04-30-2015
Originally Posted by MagicHef:

:-)

He saved Jon Snow's life, and certainly saved the Wall. IIRC, there were less than 100 black brothers left to defend it.
[Reply]
Page 14 of 335
« First < 41011121314 151617182464114 > Last »
Up