ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 335
« First < 3910111213 141516172363113 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Thread
BigRedChief 08:29 PM 01-08-2015
Feel free to discuss any future speculation, theories. Anything from the books is fair game to post. Everything that has been broadcast on TV or from HBO. No spoilers needed.

1. If you watched or know the events that will take place in a unaired episode that has not been broadcast on HBO, you must put all the information and comments in a spoiler tag.
  2. Do not post any media of any kind involving actual content from unaired episodes without being in a spoiler. The only exception to the spoiler rule is content publicly posted from HBO and or the GOT actor themselves. Teasers, promos, trailers etc.

Any person unable to follow the spoiler rules will be banned from this thread. 14 days for first offense. Perm banned from the thread for a 2nd offense.

[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 05:29 AM 04-21-2015
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Bronn is pretty popular with viewers. Killing him off wouldn't be shocking and just piss people off.

Jamie kills Cersi. I like that for no other reason than the actress wouldn't do the full nudity scene in her walk through town. That was essential to her comeuppance.
If you think about it, Bronn pretty much disappears in the book after he is knighted and gets his bride. Wouldn't be shocked in the least to see this be his demise instead. It may piss some people off, and every death isn't required to be shocking, but if his arc is done, it's done.

Hotah must put his axe through someone to show how much of a badass he is, why not Bronn?
[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 05:33 AM 04-21-2015
Originally Posted by Third Eye:
Compare Arya's last description of Jaqen:

Jaqen passed a hand down his face from forehead to chin, and where it went he changed. His cheeks grew fuller, his eyes closer; his nose hooked, a scar appeared on his right cheek where no scar had been before. And when he shook his head, his long straight hair, half red and half white, dissolved away to reveal a cap of tight black curls.

to the description of the alchemist as seen by Pate:

A young mans face, ordinary, with full cheeks and the shadow of a beard. A scar showed faintly on his right cheek. He had a hooked nose, and a mat of dense black hair that curled tightly around his ears.

Then Pate is killed, yet turns up again.

I suppose it could be a giant red herring, but I doubt it. It's also possible that Jaqen is more than just a faceless man and has the ability to be in more than one place at once, but that seems like a pretty big leap, especially since we haven't seen anything like that yet.
:-)
[Reply]
Red Brooklyn 08:48 AM 04-21-2015
Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan:
Do you think the books intended the old faceless man to be Jaquen-Hagar?
There's a fan-favorite theory that posses a different character to be the old faceless man in the books.
[Reply]
Hawk 06:41 AM 04-23-2015
Jaqen is definitely at the Citadel, now disguised as Pate, and holding a key that unlocks every door in the place (which Pate stole to sell to him). Another piece of evidence (as if the identical descriptions were not enough) is that Pate dies from tasting a poison coin which is a faceless man thing and is how Arya kills that one guy who was always counting his money.

Sam is there at the Citadel also now, and the other person with Sam and Pate (Jaqen) is the Sphinx character, whose name is Alleras, but who is really Sarella Sand, one of the Sand Snakes in disguise. Last we saw at the end of AFFC, Marwyn took off to go see Dany, and left Pate (Jaqen), Sam and Alleras (Sarella) there at the Citadel.

I was highly annoyed that Book 5 did not give us any Sam chapters, but of course due to the weird structure of the books, you have to remember that the scene at the end of Book 4 where Sam meets Marwyn at the Citadel and Marwyn takes off to Mereen would have taken place in time at about 2/3 of the way through Book 5. Another of the reasons why the books work better when read together using a chapter list.

Dorne could end up being big players in the next book. Doran has his hooks in everything. Sarella in disguise at the Citadel, Quentyn off to Mereen (but dead now of course), and he sends one of the Sand Snakes to be on the small council in Kings Landing, and one to infiltrate the church by pretending to be a Septa, plus he sends his daughter off to meet with Aegon. It will be interesting to see what Doran has cooked up with all that intel.
[Reply]
Brando 10:31 PM 04-26-2015
Brace yourselves Tywin is coming.
[Reply]
NewChief 07:56 AM 04-27-2015
Thoughts on the change to the Sansa storyline? Personally, I approve. Henry James called novels "large loose baggy monsters." Benioff is really tightening things up nicely with Tv series.
[Reply]
BigRichard 08:14 AM 04-27-2015
I would say the spoiler thread is just about worthless now. So much has went away from the books you really don't know what will happen.
[Reply]
tomahawk kid 08:27 AM 04-27-2015
That Goddamned Little Finger.

My only thought is - why would she go so willingly? To bring down house Bolton from the inside (per her short conversations with Baelish)?

REALLY interested to see how this one plays out, specifically with the involvement of Brienne and Pod. Also will be interesting to see if Theon's involvement plays out like this storyline with Jane Poole in the books.
[Reply]
Red Brooklyn 08:43 AM 04-27-2015
Originally Posted by tomahawk kid:

My only thought is - why would she go so willingly? To bring down house Bolton from the inside (per her short conversations with Baelish)?

REALLY interested to see how this one plays out, specifically with the involvement of Brienne and Pod. Also will be interesting to see if Theon's involvement plays out like this storyline with Jane Poole in the books.
Yeah, really interesting to see Sansa taking on the Jenye Pool story line. I wonder if Tormund will be filling in for Mance then. Or if Mance IS Tormund and they haven't revealed the glamour yet. I don't know. But it's interesting. Could still totally work and not get too far away from the core of the story in the books. Could actually be a streamlined improvement.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:12 AM 04-27-2015

"The North Remembers".
[Reply]
NewChief 09:15 AM 04-27-2015
Originally Posted by Red Brooklyn:
Yeah, really interesting to see Sansa taking on the Jenye Pool story line. I wonder if Tormund will be filling in for Mance then. Or if Mance IS Tormund and they haven't revealed the glamour yet. I don't know. But it's interesting. Could still totally work and not get too far away from the core of the story in the books. Could actually be a streamlined improvement.
The lingering shot on the 3 women was interesting as well. Seems like they could potentially be the spearwives that help with the escape. But how they got there without disguised Mance as a bard is anyone's guess.
[Reply]
tomahawk kid 09:24 AM 04-27-2015
Originally Posted by NewChief:
The lingering shot on the 3 women was interesting as well. Seems like they could potentially be the spearwives that help with the escape. But how they got there without disguised Mance as a bard is anyone's guess.
Are you referring to the shot when Sansa / Baelish arrived at Winterfell?

Wasn't one of those Ramsey's lady friend / hunting partner?
[Reply]
NewChief 09:32 AM 04-27-2015
Are you referring to the shot when Sansa / Baelish arrived at Winterfell?

Wasn't one of those Ramsey's lady friend / hunting partner?
That's the shot I'm referring to, yes. And maybe it was his lady friend. There were 3 of them along with Fat Walda, though. I believe.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:33 AM 04-27-2015
That's the shot I'm referring to, yes. And maybe it was his lady friend. There were 3 of them along with Fat Walda, though. I believe.
I took it to mean that those 3 girls were going to be trouble for Sansa.
[Reply]
Red Brooklyn 11:25 AM 04-27-2015
Yeah that was Myranda and Ramsay's other bedwarmers. Myranda and Violet were the ladies that help sex up and torture Theon before Ramsay flays his dingaling.
[Reply]
Page 13 of 335
« First < 3910111213 141516172363113 > Last »
Up