ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 8
< 1234 5678 >
Media Center>Ray Donovan - new Showtime series
Fire Me Boy! 11:05 AM 01-20-2013
Seems like Liev Schrieber's title character is kind of like Harvey Keitel's Winston Wolf.

[Reply]
Baby Lee 10:25 PM 07-22-2013
Originally Posted by Demonpenz:
Did they use the old "Now that we found love" and then played heavy d's version? I may have heard now that we found love sample in either this show or mad men cause it is the only two I watch.
Mickey represent!!

PS - post DMC [and you know they were exiled pretty damned quick in the mid-late 80s], Heavy D and Kool Moe Dee were MY jams.

I go to work
like a doctor
when I rock the mic, you got to like
the way I operate
I make miracles happen, just from rappin'

The first rap I memorized and got the cadences down, ever. It wasn't that I couldn't memorize other cadences, but this was the first that really felt was worth the effort.
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 07:24 AM 07-23-2013
Thanks for the heads up. Watched the first episode and quite enjoyed it. Very random casting, but not in a negative way. Man, Liev has aged quite a bit over the last few years. He's really starting to look like a rodent, but I've become more of a fan of his as an actor the more stuff I've seen of his over the years.
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 07:28 AM 07-23-2013
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
This is a DARK fucking show.

Two brothers sexually molested by a priest, another with epilepsy and another who's mixed race that finally meets his oldest sibling? Not to mention the father, who just got out of prison after 20 years, only to off said priest? Add to that, Ray is on the verge of being completely out of control as well?

Awesome.

The creator and screenwriter also created Southland and wrote for NYPD Blue in its best season (1993). She also must have an issue with the Catholic Church and priests in particular because she also wrote Primal Fear.

Season Two has already been greenlit.
Primal Fear was written by a guy- unless you're talking about who adapted the book for film... ???
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:21 PM 07-23-2013
Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth:
Primal Fear was written by a guy- unless you're talking about who adapted the book for film... ???
Yes. Ann Biderman wrote the screenplay.
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 04:20 PM 07-23-2013
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Yes. Ann Biderman wrote the screenplay.
Got ya, I loved the book and the movie. Ed Norton was amazing in it, especially since I believe this was his first real role in a major motion picture.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 09:54 PM 07-29-2013
uplifting episode
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 10:20 PM 08-25-2013
That episode was so fucking badass Ray "the fucking miracle worker" Donovan.
[Reply]
Bowser 02:57 PM 08-27-2013
Eat a dick, Time Warner
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 04:48 PM 08-29-2013
I'm still watching and this is the worst show I've ever seen.
[Reply]
Bowser 12:25 PM 09-19-2013
Anybody still giving the show a go? Last week's episode was, well, pretty intense, shall we say?

Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish:
I'm still watching and this is the worst show I've ever seen.
Really? This show has drawn me in big time. Fascinated by the entire storyline and how that fucked up family is strung together.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 12:45 PM 09-19-2013
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Anybody still giving the show a go? Last week's episode was, well, pretty intense, shall we say?

Really? This show has drawn me in big time. Fascinated by the entire storyline and how that fucked up family is strung together.
Shit yeah, most compelling show of the year. The last show was a WTF episode. Thinking Mickey got the right guy in Boston, but Bunchy was the one who really spotted the priest in LA
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:51 PM 09-19-2013

There have been a few "slow" episodes in the past month but last week's was stellar. Ray finally admitted what the audience knew but no one else did and he exercised that demon.

After that, I thought to myself "Now, where do they go next season?" when BOOM! Of course.

Mickey.
[Reply]
keg in kc 01:08 PM 09-19-2013
I didnt' have showtime for a while (time warner/cbs problems...), so i haven't started it yet.
[Reply]
Bowser 02:36 PM 09-19-2013
Yeah, I missed a good three or four episodes due to the TWC/CBS pissing match, but the flow of the show is basically the same. Good stuff.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:36 PM 09-19-2013
Yeah, I missed a good three or four episodes due to the TWC/CBS pissing match, but the flow of the show is basically the same. Good stuff.
Can you download them On Demand free of charge since you're a Showtime subscriber?

I can do whole seasons with Direct TV or stream in real time.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 8
< 1234 5678 >
Up