ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 18
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs signing Melvin Gordon
Dante84 03:17 PM 11-28-2022

Two-time Pro Bowl RB Melvin Gordon is expected to sign with the #Chiefs practice squad, per source.

Released by Denver last week, Gordon should be active soon. Another weapon for the stretch run. pic.twitter.com/LBZ7cK2utG

— Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero) November 28, 2022

Every Melvin Gordon fumble as a member of the Denver Broncos

Good riddance @Melvingordon25 pic.twitter.com/0dl5Q4jg5T

— Michael���� (@Bronco_Hater) November 21, 2022

[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 05:28 PM 11-28-2022
This shouldn't be that surprising, realistically Gordon is the exact prototype RB that this offense is built for. They'll likely take a look and see what he can do, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with having a guy like him on the practice squad. It's very likely this indicates CEH is probably not coming off IR this year.

Considering that reality, what happens if Pacheco or McKinnon goes down? This gives the Chiefs an "In Case of Emergency" option. Jerick has been great for us but you never know when he's going to get banged up, his history shows you have to have a plan in place.

Once again, Reid and Veach have earned the right to do whatever the hell they want. If they think Gordon can help us, I'll trust their judgement.
[Reply]
The Franchise 05:29 PM 11-28-2022
Fucker better never see the field.
[Reply]
Mecca 05:31 PM 11-28-2022
I like the Bryan Edwards move, low risk talent with some upside.
[Reply]
Rausch 05:32 PM 11-28-2022
Originally Posted by Bowser:
This alone is worth a PS spot

Prolly a Q but I love it too much to not spam it...

[Reply]
Bowser 05:32 PM 11-28-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Fucker better never see the field.
How's his pass pro? If it's better than Pacheco's and Jet's, I bet he sees the field.
[Reply]
Mecca 05:32 PM 11-28-2022
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
This shouldn't be that surprising, realistically Gordon is the exact prototype RB that this offense is built for. They'll likely take a look and see what he can do, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with having a guy like him on the practice squad. It's very likely this indicates CEH is probably not coming off IR this year.

Considering that reality, what happens if Pacheco or McKinnon goes down? This gives the Chiefs an "In Case of Emergency" option. Jerick has been great for us but you never know when he's going to get banged up, his history shows you have to have a plan in place.

Once again, Reid and Veach have earned the right to do whatever the hell they want. If they think Gordon can help us, I'll trust their judgement.
He's a far better fit than Ronald Jones is.
[Reply]
TinyEvel 05:35 PM 11-28-2022
I TRUST BART VATCH HAS A FIRM GRIP ON THE STIUATION!

DIDN'T WANT TO LET THIS GUY SLIP THROUGH OUR FINGERTIPS.
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:37 PM 11-28-2022
Originally Posted by Bowser:
This alone is worth a PS spot

:-) Russ is all... don't make eye contact, don't make eye contact
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 05:38 PM 11-28-2022
Originally Posted by TinyEvel:
I TRUST BART VATCH HAS A FIRM GRIP ON THE STIUATION!

DIDN'T WANT TO LET THIS GUY SLIP THROUGH OUR FINGERTIPS.
He's playing 4d Chess to the worry warts here
[Reply]
tyecopeland 05:41 PM 11-28-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Methinks they're backfilling Jones' spot on the PS. Probably nothing to see here.

Hopefully he never sees the field.
Jones wasn't on the practice squad.
[Reply]
Rausch 05:41 PM 11-28-2022
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
:-) Russ is all... don't make eye contact, don't make eye contact
This has to be the biggest fall for a QB ever in a 2 year period. We're talking about a top 10 guy over the last 10 years to absolute dogshit. Just terrible in every way. No vision, no pocket presence, scrambling ability evaporated.

It wasn't that long ago he was carrying a bad team on his back and now even with a masterful defensive performance and a positive turnover ratio he can't win a game...
[Reply]
oldman 05:41 PM 11-28-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Methinks they're backfilling Jones' spot on the PS. Probably nothing to see here.

Hopefully he never sees the field.
Jones has been on the active roster all season:

https://www.kmbc.com/article/roster-...eason/41029756
[Reply]
Rausch 05:42 PM 11-28-2022
Originally Posted by tyecopeland:
I would say we're probably just picking him for offensive info on Denver but...why bother?
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:44 PM 11-28-2022
Originally Posted by Rausch:
This has to be the biggest fall for a QB ever in a 2 year period. We're talking about a top 10 guy over the last 10 years to absolute dogshit. Just terrible in every way. No vision, no pocket presence, scrambling ability evaporated.

It wasn't that long ago he was carrying a bad team on his back and now even with a masterful defensive performance and a positive turnover ratio he can't win a game...
You're not lying at all, I'm struggling to recall a worse nosedive from a star QB who's still relatively young... its been a COMPLETE disaster
[Reply]
Bowser 05:44 PM 11-28-2022
Originally Posted by tyecopeland:
He was up until this last week after CEH went down
[Reply]
Page 8 of 18
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Up