ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 14 of 18
« First < 41011121314 15161718 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs signing Melvin Gordon
Dante84 03:17 PM 11-28-2022

Two-time Pro Bowl RB Melvin Gordon is expected to sign with the #Chiefs practice squad, per source.

Released by Denver last week, Gordon should be active soon. Another weapon for the stretch run. pic.twitter.com/LBZ7cK2utG

— Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero) November 28, 2022

Every Melvin Gordon fumble as a member of the Denver Broncos

Good riddance @Melvingordon25 pic.twitter.com/0dl5Q4jg5T

— Michael���� (@Bronco_Hater) November 21, 2022

[Reply]
Wallcrawler 10:47 AM 11-29-2022
Originally Posted by DaFace:
His reputation as a fumbler was largely from this year with Hackett as his HC and Wilson as his QB.

Again, he's just insurance for injuries.
Eh.... no.

The guy has 26 fumbles in his career, 18 lost. 12 in the last 2 seasons and change with the Donks.

Nobody has more fumbles than Gordon over the past decade.

This dude is a disaster waiting to happen.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 11:11 AM 11-29-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
I think he's still an explosive runner. The Chiefs are going to see that and elevate him, that's what worries me.

Chiefs are resting everyone vs the Faiders as they have the number one seed wrapped up.

They activate Gordon as the starting RB.

He rushes for 209 yards & 3 TD’s.

Burt trades him to the Donkos for their first round picks in 2025 & 2026.
[Reply]
kevrunner 11:11 AM 11-29-2022
In college Gordon rarely fumbled, it took 322 carries for him to fumble for the 1st time at Wisconsin, weird that he has so much trouble holding onto the ball in the NFL. Other RBs throughout the years have had the same issues and got it under control. It’s puzzling why Gordon didn’t hasn’t had any success, but I really like him and am hoping for the best. How can you not like this guy.

[Reply]
Garcia Bronco 11:14 AM 11-29-2022
Originally Posted by kevrunner:
In college Gordon rarely fumbled, it took 322 carries for him to fumble for the 1st time at Wisconsin, weird that he has so much trouble holding onto the ball in the NFL. Other RBs throughout the years have had the same issues and got it under control. It’s puzzling why Gordon didn’t hasn’t had any success, but I really like him and am hoping for the best. How can you not like this guy.

It's pretty simple on my Gordon keeps fumbling the ball, he refuses to change his technique. The ball is away from the body and it happens when he fights for more yards.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:17 AM 11-29-2022
It's not new, but this year was WAY worse than the past few were. The overall quantity may have been in the same ballpark, but he did it this year with half as many touches. THAT is what seems like an outlier to me.

But to be clear, I don't anticipate he'll suddenly drop his fumbling issues entirely.
His rookie year was much the same as this one. But the 6 years in between weren't nearly as bad. Accounted for almost 4 times as many TD's as fumbles (and that's fumbles, not fumbles lost).

People better just come to terms with the fact that he's going to be sitting on the PS. He's a Chief now, for better or worse.
[Reply]
CatfishBob2 11:19 AM 11-29-2022
Lol I called Gordon continuing his AFC west tour here months ago. His fumbling issues are troubling but Reid won't have a problem finding a spot for him at the end of the bench, like Shady.

I don't expect him to contribute much for us...now watch him go on to resurrect his career lol
[Reply]
Garcia Bronco 11:33 AM 11-29-2022
Originally Posted by CatfishBob2:
Lol I called Gordon continuing his AFC west tour here months ago. His fumbling issues are troubling but Reid won't have a problem finding a spot for him at the end of the bench, like Shady.

I don't expect him to contribute much for us...now watch him go on to resurrect his career lol
I'd expect him to have a Super Bowl ring on order in about 70 days.
[Reply]
Womble 11:42 AM 11-29-2022
This has really put a dampener on the fantastic news that CEH has been put on IR.
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:44 AM 11-29-2022
This guy fumbles at twice the rate Shady did. Just hope he never sees the field in a meaningful game.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:02 PM 11-29-2022
It's not new, but this year was WAY worse than the past few were. The overall quantity may have been in the same ballpark, but he did it this year with half as many touches. THAT is what seems like an outlier to me.

But to be clear, I don't anticipate he'll suddenly drop his fumbling issues entirely.
Sure - like I said, fumbles seem to come in bunches and your hope is that his fumble rate is more of a Small N problem than it is a new level of fumble-itis.

In which case he could regress to the mean over a smaller sample size and be fine for us.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:06 PM 11-29-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Sure - like I said, fumbles seem to come in bunches and your hope is that his fumble rate is more of a Small N problem than it is a new level of fumble-itis.

In which case he could regress to the mean over a smaller sample size and be fine for us.
Honestly, it seems like his two worst years occurred when his workload was the lightest. Not sure what that means but I'm not sure there's any way to sugar coat this. I've tried. :-)
[Reply]
TwistedChief 12:12 PM 11-29-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Honestly, it seems like his two worst years occurred when his workload was the lightest. Not sure what that means but I'm not sure there's any way to sugar coat this. I've tried. :-)
There's really no sugar coating it. The fumble video in the OP is pretty frightening as so many of those instances seem to come in high leverage situations.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:13 PM 11-29-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
There's really no sugar coating it. The fumble video in the OP is pretty frightening as so many of those instances seem to come in high leverage situations.
Yep. Without the fumbles, he's been pretty productive over his career. We just have to hope we get more of the latter and less of the former. But's that's all it is, just hope.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:20 PM 11-29-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
What's really bothersome about them is that these aren't awesome plays by defenders who are flying in and putting a helmet on the ball or Peanut Punching the ball out.

They're benign hits. They absolutely should not be fumbles.

He just has a loose grip on the ball for some odd reason. He doesn't seem to hold it away from his body like Shady did - he just doesn't hold it as firm as he should.
[Reply]
kccrow 04:31 PM 11-29-2022
Originally Posted by TEX:
You chose to avoid the fumbles every time. I don't care what kind of production the guy could have. All it takes is one bad fumble to end acseason. Hope MG never sees the field in KC.
If one fumble every 100 touches ends your season, you did a lot of other things wrong.

QBs fumble at a relatively high rate as well, and you don't see people bitching about QB fumbles.

Mahomes had 10 on 1137 plays last year, 0.8% which isn't THAT bad but he was still among the more fumble-prone QBs in the NFL.

but for comparison, look at Dak Prescott... he had like 15 at a 1.3% clip and nobody says a word. They'll bitch about this RB though.

I listed other "top tier" RBs with an equally unimpressive fumble rate but nobody's talking about their fumbles and making videos about it.

It's fans bitching about something based on an overall bad team result more so than the statistic being THAT relevant and you guys are jumping aboard and blowing it entirely out of proportion.
[Reply]
Page 14 of 18
« First < 41011121314 15161718 >
Up