ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 18
« First < 3910111213 14151617 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs signing Melvin Gordon
Dante84 03:17 PM 11-28-2022

Two-time Pro Bowl RB Melvin Gordon is expected to sign with the #Chiefs practice squad, per source.

Released by Denver last week, Gordon should be active soon. Another weapon for the stretch run. pic.twitter.com/LBZ7cK2utG

— Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero) November 28, 2022

Every Melvin Gordon fumble as a member of the Denver Broncos

Good riddance @Melvingordon25 pic.twitter.com/0dl5Q4jg5T

— Michael���� (@Bronco_Hater) November 21, 2022

[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 08:56 AM 11-29-2022
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I think you could make the argument he's the best RB on the team.
I mean, he kind of is. :-)
[Reply]
TEX 09:00 AM 11-29-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
The guy rushed for over 900yds and 4.5ypc each of the last two seasons. Over 1000 all-purpose yards.

Our RB room is dangerously thin. If McKinnon goes down, who is replacing that role on the team?

The fumbling stuff is absolutely frightening, but you can see why the Chiefs went in this direction as the guy fits what they need now. And he’s the best option out there in that mold.
All true. But the fumbles scare me way more than his production. All it takes is 1 to end a season.
[Reply]
DaFace 09:21 AM 11-29-2022
Originally Posted by irafreak:
Something none of his previous coaches noticed?
His reputation as a fumbler was largely from this year with Hackett as his HC and Wilson as his QB. Do I think we can magically fix him? No. But it's not out of the question that our coaches can at least help him a little.

Again, he's just insurance for injuries.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:22 AM 11-29-2022
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks:
Hot Take Alert, Hot Take Alert, Hot Take Alert:

Gordon is immediately the best RB in our RB room and he carried the ball loosely in order to get helicopter-lifted off the RMS Titanic, otherwise known as the Denver Broncos before it sank and he drowned in the N. Atlantic.
Gordon fumbled 6 times as a rookie.

He's averaged 4 fumbles a season his last 4 years.

Melvin Gordon is a fumbler - it's who he's always been. Best hope you have is that fumbles largely come in waves and maybe he's simply had his 'burst' for the year and over a small enough sample size, maybe we can dodge a bullet.

But he's not going to suddenly become a secure ball-carrier. He's simply never been that guy.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:24 AM 11-29-2022
Originally Posted by DaFace:
His reputation as a fumbler was largely from this year with Hackett as his HC and Wilson as his QB. Do I think we can magically fix him? No. But it's not out of the question that our coaches can at least help him a little.

Again, he's just insurance for injuries.
Nah - it goes back much further than that.

It really started to pick up steam in 2019 when he lost a game for SD with a late fumble. And again, 6 fumbles as a rookie.

This isn't a new issue for him.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 09:25 AM 11-29-2022
In case the Bronco game can not be flexed. He could make it less lopsided
....in theory
[Reply]
notorious 09:29 AM 11-29-2022
The fleaflicker fumble. :-)

Gordon is going to nuke the server from orbit. Prepare your anus.
[Reply]
Eleazar 09:33 AM 11-29-2022
I don’t think you can really evaluate ball security issues with a stat sheet, and I’m sure the team has done their homework. You need to look at them in detail and see what actually happened in each case. Every runner is going to fumble at a certain rate, and reputations sometimes develop that aren’t closely aligned with the facts.

That being said, the totality of what he brings must be better than what else is out there on the market and we need help with CEH ailing (and Pacheco taking a lot of abuse, IMO)
[Reply]
DaFace 09:46 AM 11-29-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Nah - it goes back much further than that.

It really started to pick up steam in 2019 when he lost a game for SD with a late fumble. And again, 6 fumbles as a rookie.

This isn't a new issue for him.
It's not new, but this year was WAY worse than the past few were. The overall quantity may have been in the same ballpark, but he did it this year with half as many touches. THAT is what seems like an outlier to me.

But to be clear, I don't anticipate he'll suddenly drop his fumbling issues entirely.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:23 AM 11-29-2022
I think many of his fumbles over the last couple seasons have occurred in the red zone as well, which magnifies the issue.
[Reply]
Spott 10:25 AM 11-29-2022
He’ll fumble within the first 10-15 touches here if he ever gets on the field. The best we can hope for is that the game is a blowout when it happens.
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:25 AM 11-29-2022
Originally Posted by Razaele:
I don’t think you can really evaluate ball security issues with a stat sheet, and I’m sure the team has done their homework. You need to look at them in detail and see what actually happened in each case. Every runner is going to fumble at a certain rate, and reputations sometimes develop that aren’t closely aligned with the facts.
Ok, but then there's statistical outliers. Gordon is a statistical outlier, which means something is going exceptionally wrong.

The dude has been in this division his whole career. As Chiefs fans i think we should all be very aware of how he's fucked the Broncos and Chargers with costly fumbles.

Dude has a reputation for being a fumbler for a reason.
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:26 AM 11-29-2022
Originally Posted by DaFace:
It's not new, but this year was WAY worse than the past few were. The overall quantity may have been in the same ballpark, but he did it this year with half as many touches. THAT is what seems like an outlier to me.

But to be clear, I don't anticipate he'll suddenly drop his fumbling issues entirely.
Even if this year were like his prior years, it's still too damn many.
[Reply]
crispystl 10:26 AM 11-29-2022
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
It took me a second to get that, but I did.

Hey what can we say…we’re not accustomed to such high brow humor here on the planet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
crispystl 10:28 AM 11-29-2022
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
Fuck.

My stoned ass thought we resigned Ingram.

Oh, what the hell - BACK TO THE SHIPZ, MUTHAFUGGAS!!

Same. I heard oh in the radio and was like “isn’t he under contract in Miami”?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Page 13 of 18
« First < 3910111213 14151617 > Last »
Up