ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 18
« First < 7891011 12131415 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs signing Melvin Gordon
Dante84 03:17 PM 11-28-2022

Two-time Pro Bowl RB Melvin Gordon is expected to sign with the #Chiefs practice squad, per source.

Released by Denver last week, Gordon should be active soon. Another weapon for the stretch run. pic.twitter.com/LBZ7cK2utG

— Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero) November 28, 2022

Every Melvin Gordon fumble as a member of the Denver Broncos

Good riddance @Melvingordon25 pic.twitter.com/0dl5Q4jg5T

— Michael���� (@Bronco_Hater) November 21, 2022

[Reply]
Bump 08:12 PM 11-28-2022
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks:
No idea whether or not this is true (as much as I wish it was), but hopefully whoever is running the sound on Sundays at Arrowhead rocks Future non-stop on full blast the entire day of the game. And in the visitor's locker-room.

hilarious if true
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:14 PM 11-28-2022
Originally Posted by Dante84:
He said the Future story was bs on Twitter.
Who did?
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 08:30 PM 11-28-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Methinks they're backfilling Jones' spot on the PS. Probably nothing to see here.

Hopefully he never sees the field.
Well I think you are right for the most part, I would add that it also might be a sign that CEH is going to be out longer than they expected and Pacheco struggles picking up the blitz and D coordinators know this and has gotten Mahomes killed several times. So when Pacheco is in the game the D "knows he is getting the ball" 90% of the time.
[Reply]
kccrow 08:38 PM 11-28-2022
Alot on the fumbles... I'm not a "fan" either but some perspective:

The only stats truly kept are actual fumbles lost... if you look at fumbles lost per touch he's got company around his 1.3% career rate that includes:
Ezekiel Elliott - 1.1%
Dalvin Cook - 1.1%
Austin Ekeler - 1.3%
James Conner - 1.2%

Does he put it on the ground too much for my liking? F'n A.
Is he a capable 1k type back? Also, F'n A.

So, if injuries happen and he's next guy up you could have a lot worse from a production standpoint if you can deal with the likelihood he could drop one.
[Reply]
Graystoke 08:40 PM 11-28-2022
If this thread hits 1000 posts we can send him back
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 08:56 PM 11-28-2022
I really think they have bigger plans for this guy than people realize. If they like how he looks in practice and he picks up the playbook quickly enough, I think you’re going to see him signed to the roster. He’s literally a perfect system fit and that means a ton to a guy like Reid. My guess is they are hoping he can make Jones expendable since he doesn’t really fit what they want to do and has been whining lately. I’m betting Andy has plays he hasn’t been able to call all season because he didn’t think he had a versatile enough HB.

We’ll see, but I’m willing to bet you’re going to see this guy play.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 09:49 PM 11-28-2022
So this is our over the hill, poor ball security, shady/LeVeon signing that has no impact on anything but somehow gets us over the hump to a SB?
[Reply]
Lzen 10:21 PM 11-28-2022
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
You're not lying at all, I'm struggling to recall a worse nosedive from a star QB who's still relatively young... its been a COMPLETE disaster
Warren moon, perhaps? But at least his last couple seasons he was second string.
[Reply]
BossChief 10:52 PM 11-28-2022
5 fumbles in 90 carries this year is atrocious.

But in 2020/2021, he was pretty good.

He had 7 fumbles in those 2 years, but he also had

4.55 yards we carry
418 carries
1904 rushing yards
17 TDs

If we lose another back to injury, hopefully he can play inspired ball when his talent can be better showcased in this offense.
[Reply]
irafreak 11:14 PM 11-28-2022
That video is hard to watch. Didn't even get halfway through it and he had 3 fumbles that turned into scoop and scores. Ugh
[Reply]
sd4chiefs 12:10 AM 11-29-2022
This is just another one of my crazy nightmares. I am going to wake up any second now.
[Reply]
TEX 12:43 AM 11-29-2022
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Alot on the fumbles... I'm not a "fan" either but some perspective:

The only stats truly kept are actual fumbles lost... if you look at fumbles lost per touch he's got company around his 1.3% career rate that includes:
Ezekiel Elliott - 1.1%
Dalvin Cook - 1.1%
Austin Ekeler - 1.3%
James Conner - 1.2%

Does he put it on the ground too much for my liking? F'n A.
Is he a capable 1k type back? Also, F'n A.

So, if injuries happen and he's next guy up you could have a lot worse from a production standpoint if you can deal with the likelihood he could drop one.
You chose to avoid the fumbles every time. I don't care what kind of production the guy could have. All it takes is one bad fumble to end acseason. Hope MG never sees the field in KC.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 03:38 AM 11-29-2022
It wasn't long ago he was better than any RB on this team. This is shocking.
[Reply]
dannybcaitlyn 04:36 AM 11-29-2022
He will probably be plucked off our practice squad before we ever use him.
[Reply]
Easy 6 07:02 AM 11-29-2022
Originally Posted by Lzen:
Warren moon, perhaps? But at least his last couple seasons he was second string.
Ehhh, not so sure his story matches the magnitude of Wilsons downfall... not sure anyones story does
[Reply]
Page 11 of 18
« First < 7891011 12131415 > Last »
Up