Hammock Parties 01:11 PM 07-20-2022
OH YEAH!

All the dragons roar as one.
The #HOTD trailer has arrived. pic.twitter.com/ug7ESvpg8U

— House of the Dragon (@HouseofDragon) July 20, 2022

[Reply]
ThaVirus 07:30 AM 10-11-2022
Really nice episode.

I really loved the throne room scene, the last dinner, and Daemon’s demeanor around his dying brother. He was stuttering and seemed almost embarrassed to bring up the succession while Viserys was suffering in bed. And the look of sadness he carried for most of the episode was heavy.

Viserys showing the strength to sit the throne one last time and Daemon helping was also well done.

A few things:

Is Diana dead? I thought that was pretty ambiguous. She said she’d never tell anyone and Alicent said she knew. The only way she’d know it is if Diana died right there in that room. I originally assumed the tea was the contraceptive but with Alicent’s wording, I figured it might have been some sort of poison.

I’m loving the sly tension and foreshadowing they’re setting up with Aemond and Daemon. Aemond hasn’t quite challenged Daemon yet and Daemon seems to be more amused with Aemond’s antics to this point. I’d imagine he probably sees a lot of himself in Aemond.

Also regarding Aemond, I thought him standing up in defense of Aegon at dinner was a little strange. Last we saw them, Aegon was a douche, bullying Aemond and we see now that Aegon is even shittier. Aegon isn’t a fighter and doesn’t even want the throne. Seems Aemond would be the type with loftier aspirations who’d want the throne for himself but that doesn’t seem to be the case, at least not yet.
[Reply]
listopencil 09:22 AM 10-11-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Really nice episode.

I really loved the throne room scene, the last dinner, and Daemon’s demeanor around his dying brother. He was stuttering and seemed almost embarrassed to bring up the succession while Viserys was suffering in bed. And the look of sadness he carried for most of the episode was heavy.

Viserys showing the strength to sit the throne one last time and Daemon helping was also well done.

A few things:

Is Diana dead? I thought that was pretty ambiguous. She said she’d never tell anyone and Alicent said she knew. The only way she’d know it is if Diana died right there in that room. I originally assumed the tea was the contraceptive but with Alicent’s wording, I figured it might have been some sort of poison.

I’m loving the sly tension and foreshadowing they’re setting up with Aemond and Daemon. Aemond hasn’t quite challenged Daemon yet and Daemon seems to be more amused with Aemond’s antics to this point. I’d imagine he probably sees a lot of himself in Aemond.

Also regarding Aemond, I thought him standing up in defense of Aegon at dinner was a little strange. Last we saw them, Aegon was a douche, bullying Aemond and we see now that Aegon is even shittier. Aegon isn’t a fighter and doesn’t even want the throne. Seems Aemond would be the type with loftier aspirations who’d want the throne for himself but that doesn’t seem to be the case, at least not yet.

Also someone was asking about her afterwards. She either left with that bag of coins or she's dead. I assumed she left with the bag of coins to start a new life.
[Reply]
CupidStunt 09:51 AM 10-11-2022
It was definitely ambiguous, but
Spoiler!

Aemond is super dutiful and about family. So he'd stand up for Aemond in public, even if privately he might think he's an immature frat boy (which is a nice parallel to Alicent explaining this principle to Aegon in the prior episode). And he definitely hasn't forgiven Jace/Luke for the past either, so he'll happily take a chance to get a punch in.

As for wanting the throne, he wouldn't usurp his brother. And I don't think he's motivated by power either. Even if Aegon died right now, I don't think he'd be like "**** yeah, now I get it" ... although he WOULD press his claim, the same way Stannis did. Because at that point he'd think it's his by rights.
[Reply]
CupidStunt 10:08 AM 10-11-2022
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
No spoiler as far as I know. Haven't read the books or saw youtube spoilers.... John Snow is the 5th grandson of Aegon, correct? The sons with the black hair, that's who his grandad was?
Jon is like a 9th generation descendant of Rhaenyra and Daemon, via their 2nd son Viserys, the same one King V just said "nice name" to.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 10:39 AM 10-11-2022
I think Criston Cole and the Strongs should have been portrayed by dark skinned actors rather than the Velaryons. Assuming the goal is to make Luc and Jace obviously not Laenor's kids to the absolute dumbest audience members of course.

But ffs the Valyrian hairpieces look ridiculous.
[Reply]
listopencil 10:47 AM 10-11-2022
Originally Posted by CupidStunt:
Jon is like a 9th generation descendant of Rhaenyra and Daemon, via their 2nd son Viserys, the same one King V just said "nice name" to.
So they totally could have fucked in GoT then, right?
[Reply]
notorious 11:26 AM 10-11-2022
Take a look at a family tree and it becomes clear.

Their names being similar is confusing as fuck.
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:26 AM 10-11-2022
I guess the scene in the throne room was partially improvised by Matt Smith. I guess the crown wasn't supposed to fall off his head and it was an accident, but Daemon picked it up and gave it to Viserys. They just kept rolling and went with it. That small element added a shit ton to that scene.
[Reply]
notorious 11:27 AM 10-11-2022
There were too many cuts and different camera angles for them to roll with it.

It probably fell off and gave them the idea for a great scene, and it was a great scene.
[Reply]
listopencil 11:30 AM 10-11-2022
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Crown fell off in rehearsal, so they figured they should shoot a take with it falling off and one where it didnt.
^

Originally Posted by notorious:
There were too many cuts and different camera angles for them to roll with it.

It probably fell off and gave them the idea for a great scene, and it was a great scene.

[Reply]
ThaVirus 11:31 AM 10-11-2022
Originally Posted by listopencil:
Also someone was asking about her afterwards. She either left with that bag of coins or she's dead. I assumed she left with the bag of coins to start a new life.
Ah, I didn't notice that she was given coin. Makes sense.

Originally Posted by CupidStunt:
It was definitely ambiguous, but
Spoiler!

Aemond is super dutiful and about family. So he'd stand up for Aemond in public, even if privately he might think he's an immature frat boy (which is a nice parallel to Alicent explaining this principle to Aegon in the prior episode). And he definitely hasn't forgiven Jace/Luke for the past either, so he'll happily take a chance to get a punch in.

As for wanting the throne, he wouldn't usurp his brother. And I don't think he's motivated by power either. Even if Aegon died right now, I don't think he'd be like "**** yeah, now I get it" ... although he WOULD press his claim, the same way Stannis did. Because at that point he'd think it's his by rights.
OK. She didn't seem all that important anyway but was curious based on the framing.

Interesting. He has an incredibly punchable face and is shaping up to be a badass so I'm interested in seeing more. I can tell he's a terrible person but he's good for TV.
[Reply]
listopencil 11:38 AM 10-11-2022
Ah, I didn't notice that she was given coin. Makes sense.
Allicent said something like "This is for your troubles" and handed it to her.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 11:41 AM 10-11-2022
I believe it. There is a lot going on in this show, easy to miss things.

Which reminds me: who did Viserys think he was speaking to when he was dying, talking about Aegon's prophecy? Aemma? Rhaenyra?
[Reply]
DrunkBassGuitar 11:46 AM 10-11-2022
I believe it. There is a lot going on in this show, easy to miss things.

Which reminds me: who did Viserys think he was speaking to when he was dying, talking about Aegon's prophecy? Aemma? Rhaenyra?
Rhaenyra

But since it was Alicent she's going to interpret it as him saying put Aegon (her son) on the throne which will kick off the whole civil war
[Reply]
DrunkBassGuitar 12:02 PM 10-11-2022
the tea thing is ambiguous but I interpreted it as a parallel to Viserys giving Rheanerya the same tea to cover up her potential embarrassment to save face. previous Alicent was very "everything is black and white" morally and now she sees the value in saving face just like Viserys did
[Reply]
Page 27 of 37
« First < 172324252627 28293031 > Last »
Up