ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 50 of 240
« First < 404647484950 5152535460100150 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Andy Reid is a terrible head football coach
rabblerouser 09:43 AM 09-18-2015
Andy Reid got depantsed in the Super Bowl by Bruce Arians.

Bruce Fucking Arians and Tom Fucking Brady.

Well, you see, Andy Reid is an offensive genius, and how dare we question Andy Reid's genius in not running the ball and not utilizing the screen pass in the face of an epically brutal pass rush, a patchwork offensive line and a QB with a hurt toe?

How dare we question his geniusness?

Oh, and Spags? The "great Brady Killer"? They had his defense figured out by the 2nd quarter and he couldn't adjust it. He was Bob Sutton Jr.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 11:16 AM 11-17-2016
Andy is exactly who the Philly fans say he is. He is a great players coach, will win games, will lose games on purpose and won't ever admit he has clock mgmt and play calling issues.
[Reply]
Sandy Vagina 11:39 AM 11-17-2016
Originally Posted by Reerun_KC:
Andy is exactly who the Philly fans say he is. He is a great players coach, will win games, will lose games on purpose and won't ever admit he has clock mgmt and play calling issues.
did you really type that he will lose games on purpose? :-)
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:39 AM 11-17-2016
Originally Posted by Mr. Laz:
I'll say it again, Reid was a great coach to turn things around but we should have been developing a shortlist to replace him almost as soon as we hired him.

Reid should be here for 5 years, no more.
Simple question - how willing are you to have a worse coach in here?

Because I'd say it's at least 80% likely that the coach that replaces Andy Reid is worse than Andy Reid is, especially if you're taking on an unknown quantity.

How many present NFL coaches are demonstrably better than Andy Reid right now? 1? 3? I won't give you more than 5. Bill Belichick is a fucking wizard. Pete Carrol might be, but if Andy Reid had thrown that football in the SB, the usual suspects (you included) would be calling for his head.

Who else is even in the debate? Jason Garrett because of his first actual good season in 5 years? Bruce Arians because he throws it deeeeeeeeep? Surely we're done sucking off Sean Payton now, right? At most you're talking guys that are lateral moves.

And when you look at the bust rate of new NFL coaches, you're talking 3-1. And of the 1 hit, most of them turn into just some version of Reid after a few years as well (again, I'm looking at you, Sean Payton and Bruce Arians). Even guys like Ron Rivera are as likely as not to fail over any significant timeline (thanks again for costing your squad that game last week, Ron).

The whole "just bring in somebody new" thing is great in theory but you have to review the actual outcomes here - are you comfortable with the fact that the odds overwhelmingly suggest that your Reid replacement will be worse than Andy Reid? Are you THAT convinced that he's the problem?

Because I'm sure as shit not. That guy's a damn good football coach and I'm not going to toss him out so we can hire the next Mike Mularky or Todd Bowles. Or hey, if we're lucky, we'll grab the next Dan Quinn and actually win something if our quarterback throws for 5,000 yards.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 11:44 AM 11-17-2016
Andy is a good head coach. He needs to hand over the play calling to a good play caller.
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 11:57 AM 11-17-2016
Jim Johnson and Bob Sutton are the main reasons for Reid's success.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:07 PM 11-17-2016
Originally Posted by Chiefnj2:
The same Bob Sutton that got demoted after mediocre defensive efforts for NYJ in 2007 and 2008? And Jim Johnson was an excellent DC but he was terrible in Indianapolis and had a few tough years with Reid as well.

Reid's steadfast belief in complementary football seems to have helped his DC's perform much better under him than they did outside of his staffs. And I find it convenient that the same coaches that were struggling in their previous gigs suddenly got smart enough to carry Andy Reid once he hired them. TWICE no less.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 12:38 PM 11-17-2016
Originally Posted by Sandy Cheeks:
did you really type that he will lose games on purpose? :-)
Clock mgmt, asinine red zone play calling that even a HS coach wouldn't dare to do, 7 min playoff drives while down 14 leaving your team absolutely not chance, horizontal passing inside the 5 yard line, no 2 min offense....

Those are indicative of a coach AT TIMES that is not trying to win football games on any level. So yes I believe he throws his towel in at times, otherwise you wouldn't continue to Reidtard...
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 12:39 PM 11-17-2016
But he and Alex Smith are winning games in the regular season. 1-2 in the playoffs.

So we will see...
[Reply]
Titty Meat 12:39 PM 11-17-2016
Laz is a moron
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 05:16 PM 11-17-2016
Fart.
[Reply]
notorious 05:49 PM 11-17-2016
If he delegated play calling and clock management he would be amazing.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 05:53 PM 11-17-2016
Originally Posted by notorious:
Truth.
[Reply]
-King- 06:00 PM 11-17-2016
Originally Posted by Chiefnj2:
Reid is a shitty coach because he hires good assistant coaches.

Because logic.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 06:56 PM 11-17-2016
Originally Posted by notorious:
I vote you be banned for honesty
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 11:14 PM 11-17-2016
18-2 and he sucks...morons.
[Reply]
Page 50 of 240
« First < 404647484950 5152535460100150 > Last »
Up