ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 7
< 12345 67 >
Nzoner's Game Room>This is why Damien Williams is our starting RB
Hog's Gone Fishin 10:58 AM 07-20-2019
We only got a small sample size last year of what this guy can do. Remember Jamaal Charles, we didn't know what we really had until he got the opportunity to carry the ball. Damien is going to be a top 5 back in 2019. Mark my words.

There is a play (not on this video) against the Chargers where he took a handoff and took it between I believe the LT and LG for 10 yards so fast I actually thought it was Hill taking the handoff. He put his pads down and nailed Derwin James. James took him down but Damien won the battle. So impressive! I wish clay could find that and Gif it up.

Just watch the way this guy runs. His quickness, his power, his vision, his hands, his pad level at the point of attack. He's a complete back.

Chiefs Kingdom is blessed !

[Reply]
neech 04:05 PM 07-20-2019
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
I hope we take the committee approach. Keep the backs fresh and rotate often.

Hyde, Thompson, and both Williams is a nice group and they should all see plenty of opportunities.

I’ll take a group like this over 1 elite back any day.
This is how I think Reid will use the RB's. A lot of mixing it up with different backs for running, receiving and blocking.

The opponents defense are going to be in back peddle mode while Mahomes and company press the gas on them. Forward I say keep them on their heels the whole game.
[Reply]
el borracho 04:15 PM 07-20-2019
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
Watch the damn video!
Sorry, I was not clear. I was thinking specifically about runs over 25 yards. In just a few years, Larry Johnson had multiple TDs from 35 yards out or more). I know it was a different scheme with different teammates, but there was always the threat that LJ could score from anywhere. Williams is fine for what we need. He had numerous runs greater than 10 yards last year but I haven’t seen any indication that he can score from anywhere.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 04:25 PM 07-20-2019
Originally Posted by el borracho:
Sorry, I was not clear. I was thinking specifically about runs over 25 yards. In just a few years, Larry Johnson had multiple TDs from 35 yards out or more). I know it was a different scheme with different teammates, but there was always the threat that LJ could score from anywhere. Williams is fine for what we need. He had numerous runs greater than 10 yards last year but I haven’t seen any indication that he can score from anywhere.
He's limited because of our WR play. Teams play safetys deep .
[Reply]
TRR 04:28 PM 07-20-2019
I don’t think it’s about scoring from anywhere on the field, or having the home run threat in the backfield. What KC missed most about losing Kareem Hunt was his ability to keep the offense on track. He rarely lost yards on early downs, and even if not blocked perfectly, had the ability to make something out of nothing. He also had the balance and power to turn a 3 yard gain into 5. A 4 yard gain into 7, etc. That’s what KC missed until Williams took over (Ware was very up and down).

The trick will be...can Williams carry a majority of the load for 16+ games? Can he keep the offense out of holes, and on track for a full season. We’ll see!
[Reply]
ThaVirus 06:25 PM 07-20-2019
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
This offense regressing is so unbelievably hilarious.
It's really not. Our 2018 offense was literally like a top 3-5 offense of all time. That type of success is hard to maintain. The 07 Pat's couldn't do it, the 2013 Broncos couldn't do it.

Something is bound to happen to bring us back down to earth. And that's fine. We don't need to average 36 PPG or whatever we did last season. Well, we shouldn't need to anyway... I hope we don't need to..

Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
Thank you for that!!! Is that not awesome! But really what initially got my attention was the 10 yard burst he made. Holy shit!
It was a great run. He started off going east-west, found the lane, then put his foot in the dirt and got downfield in a hurry. He did look a bit like Tyreek for a second. He's a bit taller, looks a bit more slim, and clearly doesn't have the otherworldly speed Reek has.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 06:57 PM 07-20-2019
I love how mahomes throws the ball to the rb. I never saw the rb have to wait for the ball or slow down to catch it
[Reply]
ThaVirus 07:20 PM 07-20-2019
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
I love how mahomes throws the ball to the rb. I never saw the rb have to wait for the ball or slow down to catch it
It's so refreshing. The opportunities these players have in this offense are just insane.

If Mahomes can clean up his deep accuracy and stop trying to do too much at times, he really has a chance to be one of the GOATs. I mean, it looks like he's got a shot at that even if he doesn't improve at all.
[Reply]
suzzer99 07:28 PM 07-20-2019
Yeah after living through Cassel, and to a lesser degree Smiff putting RBs through contortions to catch screens, or often just completely overthrowing them, I've come to the conclusion that screen passes aren't as easy as they look. But Mahomes makes them look that way.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 07:30 PM 07-20-2019
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
Or anyone he throws to for that matter. My biggest frustration with Smith was he rarely hit receivers in perfect stride.
[Reply]
suzzer99 07:30 PM 07-20-2019
I'm watching the Derrick Thomas - A Football Life right now. They just showed the Kimble Anders drop at the end of the first half vs. the Bills in the AFCCG.

I love Kimble. But this reiterates my point about Williams. The dude has already shown clutch - a rare and I believe underrated commodity. IMO - you hold on to players like that for dear life.
[Reply]
-King- 07:56 PM 07-20-2019
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
I'm watching the Derrick Thomas - A Football Life right now. They just showed the Kimble Anders drop at the end of the first half vs. the Bills in the AFCCG.

I love Kimble. But this reiterates my point about Williams. The dude has already shown clutch - a rare and I believe underrated commodity. IMO - you hold on to players like that for dear life.
I like the guy but come on....let's not go overboard here.
[Reply]
suzzer99 08:32 PM 07-20-2019
Huge catch vs. the Ravens.

Great plays vs. the Chargers late, and the Colts in the playoff game.

3TDs vs. the Pats - should have been 4 if Mahomes didn't overthrow him.
[Reply]
jerryaldini 08:59 PM 07-20-2019
Last year Hunt 4.6 Damien 5.1. Control for Ried system and premier back. He's fine.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 09:57 PM 07-20-2019
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
I posted in another thread that I thought he was going to have a huge year. Our running game will be able to pound the ball if defenses are going to play a safety deep all the time so Reek won't burn them. Hopefully, the O line will be a lot better than last year and smash some good running holes for him. Should be some open ground to that second level since teams have to respect our passing game.
OL should be better. LDT is healthy, Andrew Wylie played good for a rookie, better than good T's, and we may have a good one in the McKenzie kid.
[Reply]
Halfcan 10:51 PM 07-20-2019
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
OL should be better. LDT is healthy, Andrew Wylie played good for a rookie, better than good T's, and we may have a good one in the McKenzie kid.
I hope so, Mahomes was running for his life last year. Fisher was sketchy at best. They were not physical at all and got manhandled in several games- mainly the first half of the Playoff loss.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 7
< 12345 67 >
Up