ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Nzoner's Game Room>Punctuation of “Dumb Bitch”
Brooklyn 06:34 AM 07-20-2019
Was thinking about this for a while, and with the end of the saga here, I want to get everyone’s thoughts. If you actually listen to the tape and hear the sentence structure for what it is, the ”awful” thing Reek said sounds even less offensive.

“You need to be terrified of me too. Dumb bitch.”

“You need to be terrified of me too, dumb bitch.”

I contest that the way he said it is the first, which to me is less offensive. It also speaks to the whole non violent/I will expose you angle. There is such a long pause in between the two sentences and they are totally separate thoughts. It’s actually almost like he’s saying it to himself, about her. Like an under the breath muttering or observation that we all sometimes internalize when we see something ridiculous.

The second one, which is how most people interpret it off paper, is a single thought, and the “dumb bitch” is firmly targeted and directed to Crystal in a way meant to offend her. It’s aggressive to add the insult to the end of the threat.

Anyone else see/hear a difference?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
dj56dt58 09:04 PM 07-20-2019
Originally Posted by digger:
And did Bitch sound louder in the TV5 version vs the full audio? Would like to see a side by side.
I listened to kctv 5 again and they completely removed dumb. They bleeped out dumb bitch but they also had the words on the screen and they didn't bother typing dumb, just bitch which they blurred out.

They made it sound like: "you should be terrified of me to BITCH"

When it was really: "you should be terrified of me to" (under breath) dumb bitch
[Reply]
Rain Man 09:52 PM 07-20-2019
Originally Posted by Chargem:
I mean, he was in an airport. Maybe he saw someone doing something dumb and was like "dumb bitch" just saying what he saw.
Probably some woman standing right up on the baggage claim blocking people's access to grab their bags. I mutter that all the time.
[Reply]
Lurker 10:56 PM 07-20-2019
Originally Posted by Brooklyn:
There is such a long pause in between the two sentences and they are totally separate thoughts. It’s actually almost like he’s saying it to himself, about her. Like an under the breath muttering or observation
I completely agree. I also think the "threat" was actually just wordplay of a sort... meaning he didn't really have a clever comeback so he just said "you should be terrified too". It was the last thing he heard so he just repeated it back. Some part of him recognized that it wasn't a very good comeback so he added the "dumb bitch" "can't keep a man" insults.

It's pretty clear from her tone that she did not take those words as a threat. It's clear from his tone that he was not trying to intimidate her. I don't buy the narrative that she was brow-beaten by years of abuse and afraid to speak up. That type of thing does happen but is obviously complete nonsense in this case.

It drives me crazy that everybody keeps saying he threatened her. He clearly DID NOT. He merely called her a bad name and tried to hurt her feelings by telling her she couldn't keep a man. In the process he was probably also alluding to the fact that she couldn't keep HIM either because she was distorting everything by saying things like he "punches" his son who is "terrified of him."

For the mod who is too idiotic to recognize the difference between someone posting an opinion and someone claiming "it's a fact"... this is just my own opinion. Don't get butt-hurt and accuse me of claiming facts I can't possibly know.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:07 PM 07-20-2019
Originally Posted by Lurker:
h

For the mod who is too idiotic to recognize the difference between someone posting an opinion and someone claiming "it's a fact"... this is just my own opinion. Don't get butt-hurt and accuse me of claiming facts I can't possibly know.
do not wake the dead
[Reply]
Lurker 11:24 PM 07-20-2019
:-)

I couldn't help it. I've been biting my tongue this entire time.
[Reply]
DenverChief 01:55 PM 07-21-2019
So the media manipulates information in a way to cause the public reaction it wants? Say it isn't so ...
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up