ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Washington DC and The Holy Land>CP liberals - I'm a straight white male.
BDj23 11:44 PM 07-19-2019
Who is disenfranchised with Donald Trump - Sway me to your side.
[Reply]
BDj23 09:05 PM 07-20-2019
Originally Posted by cosmo20002:
I think people assume the thread title is false.
I didn't vote for make Israel great again.
[Reply]
vailpass 09:21 PM 07-20-2019
Originally Posted by EmojiMania:
vailpass, I posted that because OP was curious why some people don't vote for Donald Trump. It was educational. I certainly did not post it because I thought it would change the mind of anyone here, especially you. :-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-)
What are your thoughts on this post from one of the most well informed, level-headed liberals here? You can omit the emojis from your response.

Originally Posted by NewChief:
As others have indicated on here, the DNC needs your help to realign itself with its onetime core values of worker's rights, environmental protection, and attempting to address income inequality while pushing for progressive economic development.

You need to vote Dem and, from within, try to show the party the error of its ways in going down the cannibalistic road of identity politics. People like Sam Harris, and quite a few other prominent thinkers, are starting the backlash, and I hope the pendulum starts to shift. The idea of trying to represent and give voice to the disenfranchised is a solid one that appeals to me, but it's gone haywire and turned into pandora's box for the left.

No response from gaymania. Any other liberals here have any thoughts to share regarding NewChief’s comments?
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 09:56 PM 07-20-2019
Originally Posted by EmojiMania:
If you have a 401k, and your biggest concern is making sure it's as large as possible, and you don't care how many people have to suffer for you to get that money, then you should absolutely vote for Donald Trump.

Luckily, more of us voted for reasons other than that in 2016. Maybe in 2020 we'll do better with how they're geographically distributed.

lmao does this dumbass even know that Republicans got a minority of votes for every single branch of the United States government? Probably not :-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-)
Regarding your tweet:

This is soooo simple.

Don't attemp such stupidity. Don't endanger your life or the life of your children. To do so makes you an irresponsible, selfish, and horrific parent unworthy of your children.

If you wish to apply for citizenship via legitimate channels, you are welcome to do so and if you are accepted, you will be accepted by the American citizenry. You will be WORTHY of your opportunity.

But crossing rivers, climbing fences, and attempting to transport yourself illegally will result in pain, suffering, and possibly death. And these results will be yours and yours alone to bear.
You will be sent back to your Homeland, and you will have both endangered yourself and your family for absolutely nothing, while guaranteeing that any effort for legitimate citizenship will be met with resistance if not outright rejection.

You can be an enemy or a friend of America. You can be a respected citizen or a hunted criminal. The choice is entirely yours. Be a man, hold your head high, and make the correct one.
[Reply]
RodeoPants2 11:21 PM 07-20-2019
Is the boy the hunted criminal
[Reply]
neech 12:05 AM 07-21-2019
So did Cosmo get BDj23 to turn queer yet?
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 12:44 AM 07-21-2019
Originally Posted by RodeoPants2:
Is the boy the offspring of two idiots who just made him such?

Using a child as a shield or a talking point? Utterly pathetic.

Question:

Is that child and the others in the picture, was that man and boy whose drowning you exploited, were they, ANY of them, being chased by Mexican officials with machine guns and dogs? If they didn't make it to the other side of that river, were they condemned to death by their failure? Because that's what people in true danger, fleeing oppressive governments get to experience when they attemp to cross into a free country.

You're getting overly self righteousness about the equivalent of a moron attempting to cut in line and the security guards along with the people in line telling said moron to get his happy ass to the back where he belongs.
You can't even back or understand a true life and death situation because your intentions are as selfish as the moron attempting to fuck you and everyone else.

But, you're not entirely to blame. You see this is what happens when men and women go for too long without any real tragedy or strife in their lives. They get soft. Weak. The men lose their natural hunters instinct, and the women forget how to protect and nurture what could easily be taken from them. And you find yourself pursuing vain nonsense instead of evolving. You become...less.

So those of us who understand this are left with two choices; we can either correct you and make it take hold of your life and spirit for the benefit of yourself and the tribe, or we leave you behind, injured and waiting for the hyenas.
[Reply]
neech 12:51 AM 07-21-2019
Originally Posted by RodeoPants2:
Are you interested in the boys age to see if he is legal rodeo?
[Reply]
Taco John 01:59 AM 07-21-2019
Go home.
[Reply]
B_Ambuehl 07:22 AM 07-21-2019
Originally Posted by :
As others have indicated on here, the DNC needs your help to realign itself with its onetime core values of worker's rights, environmental protection, and attempting to address income inequality while pushing for progressive economic development.
American middle class workers rights or illegal alien workers rights? I'm just a middle class construction worker. How does open borders help me? How does it not create more income inequality and not hurt working americans who dont have college degrees?
[Reply]
stevieray 07:56 AM 07-21-2019
Originally Posted by B_Ambuehl:
American middle class workers rights or illegal alien workers rights? I'm just a middle class construction worker. How does open borders help me? How does it not create more income inequality and not hurt working americans who dont have college degrees?
income inequality and progressive are warning labels.
[Reply]
J Diddy 09:15 AM 07-21-2019
Originally Posted by B_Ambuehl:

This open border nonsense is just a right wing talking point. I didn’t hear anybody say anything about open borders. Claiming asylum is a legal right agreed to in the U.N. signed by us in 1948’s universal declaration of Human Rights. We need more judges to process the claims and make a determination on their claims not a wall.

How does it effect your income now?
[Reply]
Bowser 09:58 AM 07-21-2019
Originally Posted by J Diddy:
This open border nonsense is just a right wing talking point. I didn’t hear anybody say anything about open borders. Claiming asylum is a legal right agreed to in the U.N. signed by us in 1948’s universal declaration of Human Rights. We need more judges to process the claims and make a determination on their claims not a wall.

The problem being is that our asylum laws and the loopholes within them are being exploited. And I'm sure it effects his income greatly being in construction - This country has its own dearth of low income earners. We don't need to import the low income earners from all of our neighboring countries.
[Reply]
vailpass 10:11 AM 07-21-2019

Hey bud, how's things?

The open borders label the Dem candidates are currently wearing isn't complete nonsense. Check out this article from Politico:

Did the Democrats Step on a Second Big Land Mine?
On immigration, they’ve steered the party close to an open-borders policy without any serious reckoning with how to handle the influx of arrivals.

By JEFF GREENFIELD June 28, 2019

...There was no mention—none—about how to deal with what has been a flood of arrivals, whether refugees from violence, asylum-seekers or those simply looking for a better life. (Senator Bernie Sanders talked about improving conditions in Central America so that citizens there would not be driven to flee, but, at best, this is aspirational and, at worst, a dodge.) These candidates aren’t explicitly advocating open borders, but taken together, the policies advocated amount to almost the same thing.

Now add to that the universal embrace of health care for the undocumented. As a policy matter, it makes sense; leaving sick people untreated is both cruel and a public health menace. As a political matter, it is an open invitation to President Donald Trump and his campaign to brand the Democrats as a party offering “free stuff” to millions of people who broke the law to get here in the first place. Trump’s use of the immigration issue was front and center from the moment he announced his candidacy, when he talked about Mexico sending “rapists” and criminals across the border. On Election Day 2016, according to exit polls, those who called immigration the most important issue voted for Trump by a 2-to-1 margin.

And the president made his intentions clear middebate when he tweeted: “All Democrats just raised their hands for giving millions of illegal aliens unlimited healthcare. How about taking care of American Citizens first!? That’s the end of that race!”

He may well be wrong about this; the specter of abandoned, hungry, sick children subject to the tender mercies of federal enforcement officers has struck a responsive chord. And a Democratic candidate who can combine an appeal for comprehensive immigration reform with a genuine effort to stem the flow of new arrivals may find that a powerful message.

Right now, however, all of the candidates (except perhaps for Biden, whose half-hand raise was a masterstroke of noncommittalism) have put themselves clearly on the record for sharply liberalizing immigration, and none appears to be willing to say anything with any specificity about one question: Should there be any limit on who gets to come to the United States? Is there room enough, are there jobs enough, is there health care funding enough, to accommodate everyone? Right now, it seems clear that if either of the past two Democratic presidents had shown up Thursday and advocated their positions from five or 20 years ago—the ones that helped them win a general election—they would have been booed off their own party's stage.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/st...andmine-227247
[Reply]
patteeu 10:29 AM 07-21-2019

You're not paying enough attention then. If you can't prevent crossings and you can't detain those who cross and you can't round up those who refuse to return for court and deportation, you can't secure the border. That's the democrat position at the moment.

Translation: Open borders.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 10:32 AM 07-21-2019
Originally Posted by BDj23:
I didn't vote for make Israel great again.
As it turned out, that’s precisely what we did.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Up