We good

Now let’s laugh at the haters
[Reply]
ptlyon 03:27 PM 07-19-2019
Still at 70% on the poll - hope the star eats it
[Reply]
007 03:38 PM 07-19-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Of course, if you turn a bar stool upside down, you can seat four of their writers comfortably.
Welcome to Probe, seating for four.
[Reply]
jettio 03:41 PM 07-19-2019
Originally Posted by Mosbonian:
You should have heard the segment today they call "Hammer Time" here in Jacksonville....they were hammering the NFL for not giving Hill a suspension. Most of the outrage at first seemed to be centered about the broken arm, but then it went more to the whole " you should be afraid of me" comment from tape.
Surprising that the week 1 opponent would be crying about that.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 03:42 PM 07-19-2019
You should have heard the segment today they call "Hammer Time" here in Jacksonville....they were hammering the NFL for not giving Hill a suspension. Most of the outrage at first seemed to be centered about the broken arm, but then it went more to the whole " you should be afraid of me" comment from tape.
Lol. Jacksonville.

I’m guessing the outrage there has more to do with the Chiefs playing them there the beginning of the season and them thinking they wouldn’t have to go up against Hill.

Sorry, Jacksonville, you’re gonna get raped.
[Reply]
srvy 03:49 PM 07-19-2019
The KC Star doubles down on stupid as expected.

[Reply]
Imon Yourside 03:52 PM 07-19-2019
Originally Posted by srvy:

I see 10 star employees liked that story.
[Reply]
jettio 04:02 PM 07-19-2019
The sad thing about all national sports media is that nearly all of them are not speaking from the heart when they talk about this.

They are all remembering when Ray Rice's 2 game seemed reasonable to them even after the first couple of hours after the elevator tape was released. It was only after the social media tsunami that they even reconsidered the issue.

Now, they are so terrified of being criticized that they completely abandon principles of fairness and due process and privileged communications.

Is there any talking head willing to say that it was no coincidence that these allegations started from Cristal's family and friends when the talk of 5 years-$100 million highest paid wide receiver coincided with Tyreek thinking that marriage might not be the right move after all?
[Reply]
petegz28 04:04 PM 07-19-2019
Originally Posted by srvy:

Holy shit! Talk about fucking tone deaf!!!!
[Reply]
petegz28 04:06 PM 07-19-2019
If I am Clark and Andy I would tell the KC Star the only way they are getting into Arrowhead is on Sunday with a ticket. I would yank their press passes for the entire time Reek is a Chief.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:08 PM 07-19-2019
Originally Posted by petegz28:
If I am Clark and Andy I would tell the KC Star the only way they are getting into Arrowhead is on Sunday with a ticket. I would yank their press passes for the entire time Reek is a Chief.
I don't believe they would be allowed to.

NFL rules mandate a certain amount of media access. If the Chiefs yanked the Stars credential (the clear 'paper of record' in town), the NFL would come down on them pretty swiftly.

But they can tell all their players to give the most bland, worthless information possible and they can damn sure cut off any 'insider' access.
[Reply]
RealSNR 04:19 PM 07-19-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I don't believe they would be allowed to.

NFL rules mandate a certain amount of media access. If the Chiefs yanked the Stars credential (the clear 'paper of record' in town), the NFL would come down on them pretty swiftly.

But they can tell all their players to give the most bland, worthless information possible and they can damn sure cut off any 'insider' access.
It's probably been that way since Terez Paylor left. He's continued to be the one who breaks scoops regarding the Chiefs. Pretty sure that the Chiefs have always had a terrific relationship with him back when he was with the Star (Dorsey often referenced the "all juice team" in his draft press conferences), and rather than dealing with a bozo like Pryor as the beat person, they're content to just keep giving him a call if they need anything.

Astounding that Terez reports for the entire NFL at Yahoo and he's still doing way more local crap for KC than his replacement. And that's her only fucking job!
[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:20 PM 07-19-2019
They need to answer this point. Their BS employee interviewing their boss was a PR move.

Thinking logically, if an individual took a secret recording of me, and only released the most damaging elements of that recording -- I would believe they have nefarious and/or self seeking intent.

— Gary McKenzie (@Super_G_Chiefs) July 19, 2019

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:30 PM 07-19-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
They need to answer this point. Their BS employee interviewing their boss was a PR move.

Yeah, defamation on a public figure is a reeeal high bar.

And I think there's an argument that TV5 cleared it. Sadly, the Star is just incompetent but they have enough cover to avoid a lawsuit.

TV5, OTOH, would struggle to convince a jury on that 'newsworthy' shit and I suspect whatever the press version of the 'business judgment rule' wouldn't be enough to cover their asses.

Hill probably just wants to be past all this and the Chiefs likely do as well. But I actually think he'd at least get a case to a jury on defamation as to TV5. That was a real hatchet job and done with full knowledge of the tape and what was on it.

It doesn't get much more 'actual malice' than that, IMO.
[Reply]
Lprechaun 04:35 PM 07-19-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Yeah, defamation on a public figure is a reeeal high bar.

And I think there's an argument that TV5 cleared it. Sadly, the Star is just incompetent but they have enough cover to avoid a lawsuit.

TV5, OTOH, would struggle to convince a jury on that 'newsworthy' shit and I suspect whatever the press version of the 'business judgment rule' wouldn't be enough to cover their asses.

Hill probably just wants to be past all this and the Chiefs likely do as well. But I actually think he'd at least get a case to a jury on defamation as to TV5. That was a real hatchet job and done with full knowledge of the tape and what was on it.

It doesn't get much more 'actual malice' than that, IMO.
If they can prove loss of revenue directly to that report its quite winnable. However it would probably take a contract written and everything but signed prior to the maliciously edited audio and the Chiefs willingly offering enough less in an amended contract now.
I agree with you that Reek seems now to be way ahead of the curve and he will just do his media and let it go.
Espinals will try again and again, hopefully there is something that can happen that they are just out of his life. He can Uber the kids to him if he has to
[Reply]
RedRaider56 04:35 PM 07-19-2019
Yep.. that was the main point for the ESPN talking heads. Hill should be suspended for making a threat by saying " you should be afraid of me"
[Reply]
Page 6 of 9
« First < 23456 789 >
Up