ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Gendered language like 'manhole' will soon be banned from California city codes
Hammock Parties 05:46 PM 07-18-2019
https://www.kmbc.com/article/whateve...-1969/28435410
:-):-):-)

Originally Posted by :
BERKELEY, Calif.

Soon, there will be no more manholes in the city of Berkeley, California. There will also be no chairmen, no manpower, no policemen or policewomen.

No, that doesn't mean a whole city will be without committee leaders and law enforcement. It means that words that imply a gender preference will be removed from the city's codes and replaced with gender-neutral terms, according a recently adopted ordinance.

The city voted Tuesday night to replace gendered terms in its municipal codes, like "manhole" and "manpower," with gender-neutral ones like "maintenance hole" and "human effort."

The item passed without discussion or comments and was not controversial, said Berkeley City Council member Rigel Robinson, the bill's primary author.

"There's power in language," Robinson said. "This is a small move, but it matters."

The revised city documents also will replace instances of gendered pronouns, such as "he" and "she" with "they," according to the ordinance.

Berkeley's municipal code currently contains mostly masculine pronouns, the office of the city manager said in a letter to the mayor and city council.

"Having a male-centric municipal code is inaccurate and not reflective of our reality," Robinson said. "Women and non-binary individuals are just as entitled to accurate representation. Our laws are for everyone, and our municipal code should reflect that."

[Reply]
Bowser 10:00 PM 07-18-2019
Originally Posted by cosmo20002:
They've probably had a lot of problems when they told a worker to "go service that manhole on the corner of 47th street."
Look, everyone tends to spat with cosmo at some time or another, but can we just all pause and give cosmo a round of applause here?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:00 PM 07-18-2019
Originally Posted by Imon Yourside:
:-)

These tards are probably laughing their asses off talking about this crap.
"lol let's ban mandarin orange labels next"

"come to the pond and feed the persondrakes!"
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 10:03 PM 07-18-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
"lol let's ban mandarin orange labels next"

"come to the pond and feed the persondrakes!"
You can't make this stuff up, but some do. I wonder how many fines one would incur just visiting the area expecting normalcy....
[Reply]
srvy 10:30 PM 07-18-2019
Originally Posted by stevieray:
he/she
male/female
man/woman
person
human
mankind
manufacture
manual.....
Access Cover or Access hole

I have actually seen some construction plans with this Sewer AC or sewer AH.

Had a woman crew member on my survey party for awhile. Her first week I told her to get the pickaxe and sledgehammer we need to open the sewer manholes and get invert depths to the flowlines of pipes and direction and size. I got a puzzled look and explained why and how to do it and dont get turds on the end of our level rod. She got all pissy and said what if I get shit on my hands and if its a manhole then a man should do it. I told thats why we have a keg of water in the truck and a bar of lava soap and this bunch is female holes on the site. I made her open all manhole covers for her first month. Finally she got mad and went to my superior and complained so me and the other crew member opened them all and gave her sewer rod duties and gas sniffer detail. She hated that worse because the sanitary MHs always had shit flowing through and got on the rod then inside there are cockroaches as long as swisher sweet cigars.

Funny thing is she entered the weight lifting female division of corporate challenge between us and Hallmark Cards Black and Veatch and several other engineering firms and won lol. I like to think I had a part in that as sewer manholes weigh 150 lbs and utility manholes just shy of 300. Anyway boss called her in said if she could win the weight lifting she can share in the same duties that are required on the job. She never complained again and always volunteered to open the covers and called them manholes.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 10:11 AM 07-19-2019
The left has bad manners.
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:22 AM 07-19-2019
Did the Berkeley city council authorize this through a persondate?
[Reply]
stevieray 09:02 PM 07-19-2019
Originally Posted by srvy:
Access Cover or Access hole

I have actually seen some construction plans with this Sewer AC or sewer AH.

Had a woman crew member on my survey party for awhile. Her first week I told her to get the pickaxe and sledgehammer we need to open the sewer manholes and get invert depths to the flowlines of pipes and direction and size. I got a puzzled look and explained why and how to do it and dont get turds on the end of our level rod. She got all pissy and said what if I get shit on my hands and if its a manhole then a man should do it. I told thats why we have a keg of water in the truck and a bar of lava soap and this bunch is female holes on the site. I made her open all manhole covers for her first month. Finally she got mad and went to my superior and complained so me and the other crew member opened them all and gave her sewer rod duties and gas sniffer detail. She hated that worse because the sanitary MHs always had shit flowing through and got on the rod then inside there are cockroaches as long as swisher sweet cigars.

Funny thing is she entered the weight lifting female division of corporate challenge between us and Hallmark Cards Black and Veatch and several other engineering firms and won lol. I like to think I had a part in that as sewer manholes weigh 150 lbs and utility manholes just shy of 300. Anyway boss called her in said if she could win the weight lifting she can share in the same duties that are required on the job. She never complained again and always volunteered to open the covers and called them manholes.
I have a friend who is a retired postman..he said the running joke in the mail room was sample tampons were called manhole covers.
[Reply]
srvy 02:03 AM 07-20-2019
Originally Posted by stevieray:
I have a friend who is a retired postman..he said the running joke in the mail room was sample tampons were called manhole covers.
:-)
[Reply]
Titty Meat 02:07 AM 07-20-2019
The civil war is here brought to you by the far left
[Reply]
RodeoPants2 02:28 AM 07-20-2019
You seem pretty concerned about what a city in california chooses to call its personhole covers
[Reply]
kjwood75nro 02:32 AM 07-20-2019
Originally Posted by RodeoPants2:
You seem pretty concerned about what a city in california chooses to call its personhole covers
its?
[Reply]
scho63 07:07 AM 07-20-2019
Originally Posted by alpha_omega:
I wonder how many manhours they will spend training staff on this?
I see what you did there. :-)
[Reply]
stevieray 07:11 AM 07-20-2019
Originally Posted by RodeoPants2:
You seem pretty concerned about what a city in california chooses to call its perSONhole covers
you libs just can't win.
[Reply]
scho63 07:26 AM 07-20-2019
This reminds me of that Seinfeld episode where his "man purse" was robbed and as he was trying to describe it to the police officer he called it a stupid long skewed name "European Carryall" to describe it and the policeman couldn't understand what the fuck he had stolen until he finally said, YES IT WAS A PURSE! :-)
[Reply]
scho63 07:34 AM 07-20-2019
Imagine a conversation in PC poopoo covered San Fran:

Person 1: "Hi Zhe, can you please go and repair the "metal stink cover" over on "NonColor Name" Street and "Barack Obama Alley"

Person 2: "Did you just assume that I am beneath you because I'm a Zhe and your a The?

Person 1: "I'm terribly sorry, I will go back to our companies nongendered, noncolored, nonreligious, nonethnic, equalpay class today so I can repent."

Person 3: "How come Me don't get asked to do this chore?" Am I left out as I am a The and not a Zhe?" "I'm the one who brought everyone the herbal Matcha tea and vegan scones."

(This goes back and forth for 20 minutes and the manhole never gets repaired)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up