ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 7
< 12345 67 >
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Poll: Veterans say wars in Iraq, Afghan, Syria “weren’t worth it”
Prison Bitch 11:28 PM 07-10-2019
Take a bow neocons. Good work.

Majority of veterans say US military campaigns in Syria, Iraq and Afghanistan not worth it, poll finds

The Iraq War “was not worth fighting,” according to 64% of the veterans surveyed, compared with 33% who say it was worth fighting. Fifty-eight percent say the war in Afghanistan wasn't worth it compared with 38% who say it was, according to the Pew Research Center survey released Wednesday.

“Veterans who served in either Iraq or Afghanistan are no more supportive of those engagements than those who did not serve in these wars,” Pew researchers Ruth Igielnik and Kim Parker wrote in their survey analysis. “And views do not differ based on rank or combat experience.”

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ns/1682510001/

[Reply]
BucEyedPea 04:02 PM 07-11-2019
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Coochie thinks those wars are good and plays GI joe online
Him and patteeu playing it together.
[Reply]
Over Yonder 12:34 AM 07-12-2019
Originally Posted by NinerDoug:
That was a sailor, not a soldier.
Are you trolling here? Don't want to get too worked up if my sarcasm meter is broken or something :-)
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 06:47 AM 07-12-2019
Who’s left that thinks these wars were justified? Not even the actual soldiers who serve think that.

It’s abojt 15% of our population left. The true Neocons and kucks
[Reply]
patteeu 07:37 AM 07-12-2019
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Who’s left that thinks these wars were justified? Not even the actual soldiers who serve think that.

It’s abojt 15% of our population left. The true Neocons and kucks
They weren't polled on whether or not it was justified, and many of them aren't really old enough to make a first hand evaluation. They were asked whether or not it was worth it, which invites hindsight which in turn, of course, implicates Obama's disasterous reign as CiC.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 08:19 AM 07-12-2019
Originally Posted by patteeu:
They weren't polled on whether or not it was justified, and many of them aren't really old enough to make a first hand evaluation. They were asked whether or not it was worth it, which invites hindsight which in turn, of course, implicates Obama's disasterous reign as CiC.
Yeah, no. Adults don’t quibble over parsing “worth it” with “justified”.
[Reply]
Coyote 09:32 AM 07-12-2019
https://prhome.defense.gov/Portals/5...-02-113109-563
The link provides the operations included in the campaign against terrorism. Many are surprised by the number of events included. Levels of war and military events for those unfamiliar:

Campaigns are made up of operations. Operations are a series of coordinated tactical engagements. Tactical can have Strategic effects,so the lines are not distinct.

Starting with a “war” against a tactic was goofy but the language of “wars” on poverty, drugs, etc. connoted the overly political expansion under the GWOT umbrella.

President’s basically kept their campaign promises. Bush “old Europe NATO. Then 9/11 and this expansion into Iraq. Congress watched.
Obama Iraq is bad campaign, Afghanistan is good campaign. Libya and limited Syria are good. Congress watched.
Trump ISIS is bad in Syria, Iraq. TBD. Congress watches.

“Vets” is Avery broad term. See IVAW modeled after Kerry’s VAW. Major difference. Draft vs. volunteer. But as a guy that has been involved in most these events and in the ME/ terrorism since Beirut in 1983, the ground centric methods are not worth the costs to our citizens.
[Reply]
listopencil 09:36 AM 07-12-2019
I'll give you one vet's opinion:

Iraq- pointless
Afghanistan- two decades of bullshit
Syria- what the fuck are we doing over there?
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 03:53 PM 07-12-2019
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Yeah, no. Adults don’t quibble over parsing “worth it” with “justified”.
He's still lawyering-up those wars. He is educated and trained as a lawyer. That's what they do. Has to be a reason lawyers are thought of less than used car salesmen. Notice how many become politicians?

I have watched videos of some soldiers in Afghanistan, sitting outside complaining how the people there don't even want us there. They know better 'cept the most hardened militarists. Tulsi is a soldier and listen to how she talks.

Meanwhile, liberty has waned significantly under these wars with no signs of restoration. So much for fighting for our freedom and it not being free. :-)
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 03:59 PM 07-12-2019
Originally Posted by Coyote:
https://prhome.defense.gov/Portals/5...-02-113109-563
The link provides the operations included in the campaign against terrorism. Many are surprised by the number of events included. Levels of war and military events for those unfamiliar:

Campaigns are made up of operations. Operations are a series of coordinated tactical engagements. Tactical can have Strategic effects,so the lines are not distinct.

Starting with a “war” against a tactic was goofy but the language of “wars” on poverty, drugs, etc. connoted the overly political expansion under the GWOT umbrella.
So.

Originally Posted by :
President’s basically kept their campaign promises.
Wut? No they didn't. Bush ran on a humble FP, Obama ran against war and lies for them, and restoration of civil liberties. He did none of this. Only on Iran. Now Trump has walked back some of his promises on these wars.

Originally Posted by :
“Vets” is Avery broad term.
So. That still looks like a good cross-section. You don't have to survey all of them to establish a trend.
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 06:07 PM 07-12-2019
"They wave the flag when we attack. When we come home they turn their back." - A veteran once said
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 06:34 PM 07-12-2019
Originally Posted by SuperBowl4:
"They wave the flag when we attack. When we come home they turn their back." - A veteran once said
Was it you who asked me about the "Yinon Plan"? Holy Crap, I just came across it in a book about the our War(s) on Terror.

Anyhow, it also had this quote by NetanYahoo to Israeli University students, as reported by Ha'aretz in 4-16-2008
"We are benefiting from one thing, and that is the attack on the Twin Towers and Pentagon, and the American struggle in Iraq."
The book lays out how our War on Terror is an Israeli (specifically Likud party formerly Irgun) doctrine dating back to the 1970's to get the U.S. military to fight Israel's enemies. Heck, it even goes back to a March 1948 Joint Chiefs of Staff document "predicting a strategy of continuously widening and deepening series of operations..."

I think it's been obvious for awhile we're fighting Israel's enemies since we've bombed and destroyed countries not involved in 9/11 mostly—except for the country the box-cutters came from.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 06:40 PM 07-12-2019
The best way to help Israel deal with Iran's growing nuclear capability [a lie] is to help the people of Syria overthrow the regime of Bashar Assad.
Secretary of State Hitlerly Clinton in leaked email, December 31, 2012.
Hmmm....:-) I said years back when the Syrian intervention via proxies happened that it was to get at an ally of Iran first. No wonder Israel has been continuously sending missiles into Syria.
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 06:45 PM 07-12-2019
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
Was it you who asked me about the "Yinon Plan"? Holy Crap, I just came across it in a book about the our War(s) on Terror.

Anyhow, it also had this quote by NetanYahoo to Israeli University students, as reported by Ha'aretz in 4-16-2008
"We are benefiting from one thing, and that is the attack on the Twin Towers and Pentagon, and the American struggle in Iraq."
The book lays out how our War on Terror is an Israeli (specifically Likud party formerly Irgun) doctrine dating back to the 1970's to get the U.S. military to fight Israel's enemies. Heck, it even goes back to a March 1948 Joint Chiefs of Staff document "predicting a strategy of continuously widening and deepening series of operations..."

I think it's been obvious for awhile we're fighting Israel's enemies since we've bombed and destroyed countries not involved in 9/11 mostly—except for the country the box-cutters came from.
That quote by Netanyahoo was also reported on DEMOCRACY NOW. Ever watch any of veteran Ken O'Keefe's take on these wars for the state of Israel?
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 08:02 PM 07-12-2019
Originally Posted by SuperBowl4:
TEver watch any of veteran Ken O'Keefe's take on these wars for the state of Israel?
Never heard of him. So no.
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 08:46 PM 07-12-2019
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
Never heard of him. So no.
Check him out
[Reply]
Page 5 of 7
< 12345 67 >
Up