ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 7
1 2345 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Poll: Veterans say wars in Iraq, Afghan, Syria “weren’t worth it”
Prison Bitch 11:28 PM 07-10-2019
Take a bow neocons. Good work.

Majority of veterans say US military campaigns in Syria, Iraq and Afghanistan not worth it, poll finds

The Iraq War “was not worth fighting,” according to 64% of the veterans surveyed, compared with 33% who say it was worth fighting. Fifty-eight percent say the war in Afghanistan wasn't worth it compared with 38% who say it was, according to the Pew Research Center survey released Wednesday.

“Veterans who served in either Iraq or Afghanistan are no more supportive of those engagements than those who did not serve in these wars,” Pew researchers Ruth Igielnik and Kim Parker wrote in their survey analysis. “And views do not differ based on rank or combat experience.”

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ns/1682510001/

[Reply]
MephistophelesJanx 11:29 PM 07-10-2019
There hasn't been a war where our soldiers have come back feeling good about what they did since WW2.
[Reply]
Over Yonder 11:40 PM 07-10-2019
Originally Posted by MephistophelesJanx:
There hasn't been a war where our soldiers have come back feeling good about what they did since WW2.
....And shame on them!! One of them kissed a girl :-)
[Reply]
New World Order 11:42 PM 07-10-2019
Bush and Obama think otherwise.

Bush started the thing then Obamafollowed it up with a 70,000 troop increase in Afghanistan.
[Reply]
MephistophelesJanx 11:45 PM 07-10-2019
Originally Posted by Over Yonder:
....And shame on them!! One of them kissed a girl :-)
huh?
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 11:47 PM 07-10-2019
huh?
The “assault” photo of the GI kissing the gal after WWII in the parade
[Reply]
Over Yonder 11:51 PM 07-10-2019
huh?
It made a thread here a while back. I'm too lazy to dig it up.

The photo where the sailor kissed a girl. WWII classic photo.

Somebody was tore up about it. I was just joking about that thread/situation :-)
[Reply]
MephistophelesJanx 11:53 PM 07-10-2019
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
The “assault” photo of the GI kissing the gal after WWII in the parade
Ok, somewhat irrelevant to the topic at hand but...

If I see some dude, regardless of the situation, grabbing my daughter/sister and kissing her without her say so... I'm whooping that ass. He could have shot Hitler himself... dude is still catching an ass whooping.

----

That said, what the fuck has the US gained out of any past WW2 engagement they have been involved in?
[Reply]
Over Yonder 12:02 AM 07-11-2019
Ok, somewhat irrelevant to the topic at hand but...

If I see some dude, regardless of the situation, grabbing my daughter/sister and kissing her without her say so... I'm whooping that ass. He could have shot Hitler himself... dude is still catching an ass whooping.

----

That said, what the **** has the US gained out of any past WW2 engagement they have been involved in?
I know you asked Prison so pardon me for interrupting. But, I have what I think is the correct answer to that question.
[Reply]
baitism 02:06 AM 07-11-2019
As an Iraq vet, I would have to agree.
[Reply]
patteeu 05:05 AM 07-11-2019
It’s not surprising after Obama squandered the success in Iraq and made a mess out of everything else. We should compare these results to pre-2010 sentiment.
[Reply]
Eleazar 05:48 AM 07-11-2019
Originally Posted by patteeu:
It’s not surprising after Obama squandered the success in Iraq and made a mess out of everything else. We should compare these results to pre-2010 sentiment.
Exactly. No one could have anticipated Obama would hand the country over to ISIS. After the troop surge and before Obama took office, things were much different.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 06:45 AM 07-11-2019
Originally Posted by patteeu:
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
Exactly. No one could have anticipated Obama would hand the country over to ISIS. After the troop surge and before Obama took office, things were much different.

Refusing to ever admit error is one of the worst character flaws I can think of^^^. It’s a terrible look for you Neocons
[Reply]
patteeu 06:58 AM 07-11-2019
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Refusing to ever admit error is one of the worst character flaws I can think of^^^. It’s a terrible look for you Neocons
Neocons?

It was a mistake to focus on reconstituted WMD programs when the case for war was being made. And it was a mistake to rely on Colin Powell to organize the post-invasion reorganization. And it was a mistake to disband the Iraqi Army. And it was a mistake not to deal with Iran when they started killing Americans in Iraq. How's that?

George W. Bush deserves a lot of credit for righting the ship with the surge when it was politically unpopular and when he didn't really even have reliable support from his own party. It's a profile in courage. Then Obama squandered it all and people like you started rewriting history.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 07:24 AM 07-11-2019
Originally Posted by New World Order:
Bush and Obama think otherwise.

Bush started the thing then Obamafollowed it up with a 70,000 troop increase in Afghanistan.
And started a civil war in Syria using proxies like ISIS to overthrow Assad; bombed Libya and killed Khadaffi; escalated the drone war Bush began in Yemen. So he has two new wars he started and escalated two to out-do Bush. He was Bush on steroids. Oh, but what a pussy the right called Obama. :-)

Now we have the same types trying to frog-march Trump into what would become the biggest quagmire of them all, and which was always the final goal—no matter what—Iran.

There's a reason Bill Kristol called Obama a NeoCon now. He was thrilled.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 7
1 2345 > Last »
Up