ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 22
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>WR Byron Pringle is playing really well
Dante84 08:22 PM 05-30-2019

After a season ending injury in the final preseason game as a rookie, second-year WR Byron Pringle has been thriving and taking first-team reps at Chiefs OTA’s. One of my favorites from the 2018 NFL Draft is seemingly ready for a breakout.

video via @Chiefs and @ChiefsReporter pic.twitter.com/GNZse8ShB0

— Brad Kelly (@BradKelly17) May 31, 2019

Another good nugget - Toub on WR Byron Pringle on special teams: "He's really looking good right now. He like took it to another level. We're really excited, the way he looks right now."

— Pete Sweeney (@pgsween) May 30, 2019

Two wide receivers are standing out, and they are Byron Pringle and Cody Thompson. Pringle is speedy, looking to be back in full health since his hernia surgery last year. Pains me to say it (��), but I like Thompson more than Jamal Custis right now at OTAs.

— Pete Sweeney (@pgsween) May 30, 2019

Byron Pringle is the young Chiefs wide receiver taking advantage of the extra practice snaps afforded by the absences of Tyreek Hill and Sammy Watkins. “He’s played fast,’’ wide receivers coach Greg Lewis said. “He’s played physical and he’s plucking... https://t.co/j8agJgY7FZ

— Adam Teicher (@adamteicher) May 30, 2019

[Reply]
O.city 08:47 AM 05-31-2019
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
Another thing. I noticed that Sherman is working with the tight ends. I wonder what's up with that? He played at tight end a couple of times last year. Maybe they're planning to increase his role with more of that. He deserves it. Fullback is a position of the past. But Sherman has always been a great team player and a stud on special teams. Not to mention, he did play great in the probowl. If he can get a few more snaps at tight end, I say go for it.
I def think they could or should transition him into more of the h back hybrid role

I’m glad he re signed I think he brings a lot
[Reply]
Dante84 08:47 AM 05-31-2019
Dustin needs to retire and become an assistant coach
[Reply]
Lzen 08:48 AM 05-31-2019
Originally Posted by Redbled:
They better be sure though cause a few shanks by a punter or missing and letting a great returner run wild can be concerning.
Agreed.
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 08:49 AM 05-31-2019
Originally Posted by Dante84:
Dustin needs to retire and become an assistant coach
Assistant Punting Coach?
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 09:31 AM 05-31-2019
We’ll see how these guys look in camp but it seems like Veach and his staff have a good eye for cheap WR talent in UDFA. Having Mahomes doesn’t hurt.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 09:32 AM 05-31-2019
Originally Posted by kcclone:
It's very early, but you don't hear a ton of praise for Hardman as a receiver. I could see most of his contribution this year on jet sweeps and as a returner.
We haven't heard much good OR bad. this kid is going to need at least a year in this offense before he can begin to fully contribute as a receiver on a full-time basis. There's no such thing as insurance for Tyreek Hill. Tyreek is a goddamn beast and way to undervalued by many.

Originally Posted by Valiant:
I agree, but gotta wonder if they are thinking they can save a few million a year because they won't need him as much?
Man, y'all just need to get with the program; Sly Fox is coming UP. Look at how much colquitt's role has been reduced since Mahomes took over. The chiefs no longer need a country club punter.
[Reply]
kcclone 09:35 AM 05-31-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
We’ll see how these guys look in camp but it seems like Veach and his staff have a good eye for cheap WR talent in UDFA. Having Mahomes doesn’t hurt.

Yep, Mahomes effect should land us some good UDFA WR's going forward. Not to mention, that a guy like Mahomes will elevate any WR a notch or two.
[Reply]
Buckweath 09:38 AM 05-31-2019
It's very early, but you don't hear a ton of praise for Hardman as a receiver. I could see most of his contribution this year on jet sweeps and as a returner.
I don't know who that guy is but
https://twitter.com/HaroldRKuntz3/st...603934720?s=19
[Reply]
ct 09:43 AM 05-31-2019
Originally Posted by Buckweath:
you never heard of harry kuntz?
[Reply]
kcclone 09:44 AM 05-31-2019
Originally Posted by Buckweath:

Hey, I'll take it.

Kpass running with the 1's is interesting. It would be hilarious (and awesome) if Kpass and Speaks turned into great players now that they won't be trying to shove a square peg in a round hole.

Kpass at a wide 9 might work. Speaks as a 3/4 tech would be a more natural fit too.
[Reply]
ptlyon 09:45 AM 05-31-2019
Originally Posted by ct:
you never heard of harry kuntz?
No, but I've had my share of them
[Reply]
ct 10:09 AM 05-31-2019
Hey, I'll take it.

Kpass running with the 1's is interesting. It would be hilarious (and awesome) if Kpass and Speaks turned into great players now that they won't be trying to shove a square peg in a round hole.

Kpass at a wide 9 might work. Speaks as a 3/4 tech would be a more natural fit too.
one comment on that twitter post was remember jonesy is not present, so for now, it's just OTAs

but it's good news regardless
[Reply]
Dante84 10:12 AM 05-31-2019
Originally Posted by CasselGotPeedOn:
Assistant Punting Coach?
Special Teams, so yes, that’s part of it
[Reply]
neech 10:13 AM 05-31-2019
Originally Posted by Lzen:
Is this sarcasm? I mean, it's gotta be. Right? It's so hard to tell on the internet sometimes. :-):-)
Yes it is.
[Reply]
Skyy God 10:25 AM 05-31-2019
Originally Posted by Valiant:
I agree, but gotta wonder if they are thinking they can save a few million a year because they won't need him as much?
Net savings of $1.1M this year if he's cut or traded.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/kansas-c...colquitt-4375/

If Fox flashes, I'd cut bait on the MVP.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 22
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Up