ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 19
« First < 51112131415 16171819 >
The Lounge>WR Byron Pringle is playing really well
Dante84 08:22 PM 05-30-2019

After a season ending injury in the final preseason game as a rookie, second-year WR Byron Pringle has been thriving and taking first-team reps at Chiefs OTA’s. One of my favorites from the 2018 NFL Draft is seemingly ready for a breakout.

video via @Chiefs and @ChiefsReporter pic.twitter.com/GNZse8ShB0

— Brad Kelly (@BradKelly17) May 31, 2019



Another good nugget - Toub on WR Byron Pringle on special teams: "He's really looking good right now. He like took it to another level. We're really excited, the way he looks right now."

— Pete Sweeney (@pgsween) May 30, 2019


Two wide receivers are standing out, and they are Byron Pringle and Cody Thompson. Pringle is speedy, looking to be back in full health since his hernia surgery last year. Pains me to say it (��), but I like Thompson more than Jamal Custis right now at OTAs.

— Pete Sweeney (@pgsween) May 30, 2019



Byron Pringle is the young Chiefs wide receiver taking advantage of the extra practice snaps afforded by the absences of Tyreek Hill and Sammy Watkins. “He’s played fast,’’ wide receivers coach Greg Lewis said. “He’s played physical and he’s plucking... https://t.co/j8agJgY7FZ

— Adam Teicher (@adamteicher) May 30, 2019

[Reply]
T-post Tom 10:22 PM 07-20-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Orgasmic
Yes.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:50 PM 07-20-2019
part of a balanced offense









[IMG]
[/IMG]
[Reply]
Halfcan 10:54 PM 07-20-2019
Pringle might end up trade bait.
[Reply]
suzzer99 11:05 PM 07-20-2019
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Pringle might end up trade bait.
He better not end up like Joe Horn because we have too many other receivers.
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:30 PM 07-20-2019
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Pringle might end up trade bait.
Look, it's not that I'm some homer who thinks Pringle is destined for the HOF. Far from it. It's just when you take a guy who's never played a single regular season snap and say he's trade bait, you're just not gonna get jack shit in return. Probably one of those stupid turn-a-7th-rounder-into-a-6th-rounder trades. If you were the GM of the team trading for him, would YOU be willing to pay any more than that?

And at that point, if the Chiefs think he's good enough to make the 53 (which is a pretty likely scenario) his presence on the 53 is honestly more valuable than the shitty trade return we could possibly get out of him.

Yeah yeah yeah yeah "But we got Charvarious Ward!!!!" In order to get Ward, we traded a former 4th rounder and starting offensive lineman in only the 2nd year of a rookie contract who has position flexibility along the OL. Not some random joe WR who had never played a regular season NFL snap.

Yeah, if Pringle isn't good enough to make the 53 and some team wants to do a trade, then fine. But if it's "He looks good so let's use him as trade bait" then that's probably a dumb idea.
[Reply]
HemiEd 03:06 PM 07-21-2019
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Look, it's not that I'm some homer who thinks Pringle is destined for the HOF. Far from it. It's just when you take a guy who's never played a single regular season snap and say he's trade bait, you're just not gonna get jack shit in return. Probably one of those stupid turn-a-7th-rounder-into-a-6th-rounder trades. If you were the GM of the team trading for him, would YOU be willing to pay any more than that?

And at that point, if the Chiefs think he's good enough to make the 53 (which is a pretty likely scenario) his presence on the 53 is honestly more valuable than the shitty trade return we could possibly get out of him.

Yeah yeah yeah yeah "But we got Charvarious Ward!!!!" In order to get Ward, we traded a former 4th rounder and starting offensive lineman in only the 2nd year of a rookie contract who has position flexibility along the OL. Not some random joe WR who had never played a regular season NFL snap.

Yeah, if Pringle isn't good enough to make the 53 and some team wants to do a trade, then fine. But if it's "He looks good so let's use him as trade bait" then that's probably a dumb idea.
^^^^ Well said
[Reply]
Coagula 03:23 PM 07-21-2019
Barring significant injuries (and if Hardman fast-tracks,) our receiving corp should be among the best in the league. Hill, Watkins, DRob, Hardman and Kemp/Pringle/Dieter, along with Kelce and Williams. In all likelihood, whoever doesn't make the Chief's roster...will have a great chance make an impact somewhere else.
[Reply]
Halfcan 03:54 PM 07-21-2019
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Look, it's not that I'm some homer who thinks Pringle is destined for the HOF. Far from it. It's just when you take a guy who's never played a single regular season snap and say he's trade bait, you're just not gonna get jack shit in return. Probably one of those stupid turn-a-7th-rounder-into-a-6th-rounder trades. If you were the GM of the team trading for him, would YOU be willing to pay any more than that?

And at that point, if the Chiefs think he's good enough to make the 53 (which is a pretty likely scenario) his presence on the 53 is honestly more valuable than the shitty trade return we could possibly get out of him.

Yeah yeah yeah yeah "But we got Charvarious Ward!!!!" In order to get Ward, we traded a former 4th rounder and starting offensive lineman in only the 2nd year of a rookie contract who has position flexibility along the OL. Not some random joe WR who had never played a regular season NFL snap.

Yeah, if Pringle isn't good enough to make the 53 and some team wants to do a trade, then fine. But if it's "He looks good so let's use him as trade bait" then that's probably a dumb idea.
:-)
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 07:18 PM 07-21-2019
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Look, it's not that I'm some homer who thinks Pringle is destined for the HOF. Far from it. It's just when you take a guy who's never played a single regular season snap and say he's trade bait, you're just not gonna get jack shit in return. Probably one of those stupid turn-a-7th-rounder-into-a-6th-rounder trades. If you were the GM of the team trading for him, would YOU be willing to pay any more than that?

And at that point, if the Chiefs think he's good enough to make the 53 (which is a pretty likely scenario) his presence on the 53 is honestly more valuable than the shitty trade return we could possibly get out of him.

Yeah yeah yeah yeah "But we got Charvarious Ward!!!!" In order to get Ward, we traded a former 4th rounder and starting offensive lineman in only the 2nd year of a rookie contract who has position flexibility along the OL. Not some random joe WR who had never played a regular season NFL snap.

Yeah, if Pringle isn't good enough to make the 53 and some team wants to do a trade, then fine. But if it's "He looks good so let's use him as trade bait" then that's probably a dumb idea.
At the beginning of the season with no track record to his name, sure. But let's say that by the time we reach week five or six and this guy is really cooking and we have the ability to use him in a trade scenario, what then? it should also be noted that it will be at around at that time or perhaps even a little later that a better player such as PP would be realistically available to get on the books, especially if the Cardinals season is headed in a southern trajectory.
[Reply]
notorious 09:15 AM 07-22-2019
He’s going to go from shit QB play at KSU to the best QB on the planet.
[Reply]
O.city 09:17 AM 07-22-2019
No one is gonna trade for him at this point and if he has a good preseason the chiefs shouldn’t trade him

It could be a good opportunity to get some good value cheap wr play for a while

Yes people look at the 25 mil in cap space and think whatever but the chiefs are about to get pretty crazy damn expensive

They need some mid late rounders or Udfa to excel
[Reply]
notorious 09:19 AM 07-22-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
No one is gonna trade for him at this point and if he has a good preseason the chiefs shouldn’t trade him

It could be a good opportunity to get some good value cheap wr play for a while

Yes people look at the 25 mil in cap space and think whatever but the chiefs are about to get pretty crazy damn expensive

They need some mid late rounders or Udfa to excel
No kidding. At least one of the starting WRs is going to be gone next year. We need talent to keep cycling into the position.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:19 AM 07-22-2019
The Chiefs wouldn't wanna trade him anyway, young cheap talented players are helpful.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:20 AM 07-22-2019
Originally Posted by notorious:
No kidding. At least one of the starting WRs is going to be gone next year. We need talent to keep cycling into the position.
Actually I think 2 years from now, Watkins is more likely to be here than Robinson is.

Watkins I think could take less money to stick around considering some other factors there.
[Reply]
O.city 09:30 AM 07-22-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Actually I think 2 years from now, Watkins is more likely to be here than Robinson is.

Watkins I think could take less money to stick around considering some other factors there.
He's still so young, if they wanna keep him around that's fine. Problem is you just can't pay everyone and if they wanna break Tyreek off, someone else is gonna have to play.
[Reply]
Page 15 of 19
« First < 51112131415 16171819 >
Up