ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 23
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
The Lounge>What are some of your favorite product purchases?
DaFace 07:47 PM 05-23-2019
A thread to talk about some of the things we've bought and are really happy with. The end. Or the beginning.
[Reply]
Miles 10:41 PM 05-23-2019
Originally Posted by DaFace:
It's not a cheap option, but I also LOVE my Rachio sprinkler controller. Obviously that's only a fit if you have a sprinkler system, but having one that works on WiFi is a game changer. If you're out in the yard testing things out or blowing out your system, you can just turn on or off the zone you're working on using the app.

It also has modes where you can just tell it the features of each zone and tell it to take care of it from there. It'll dynamically adjust the days it waters and the timing based on the weather. Saves you water and is super simple.

https://www.rachio.com/

It's kind of like a Nest thermostat for your lawn. I have one of those too, but I wouldn't call the Nest a no-brainer purchase compared to some of the other stuff I've listed. It's good for sure, but not absolutely fantastic.
Big thumbs up from me as well. I read up on them and so glad I upgraded to it when I had my sprinklers installed.
[Reply]
007 10:41 PM 05-23-2019
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
All I care about is having enough caffeine to get me going in the morning with one cup. My Kroger Premium Blend does that.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 10:55 PM 05-23-2019
Originally Posted by 007:
Its coffee. It can't be that life changing.
Good coffee is life changing for me.
[Reply]
Bowser 10:57 PM 05-23-2019
I jump around the clock for my job from time to time and can find myself sleeping in the daytime. I bought one of these and I couldn't tell you what time of the day it is when I put it on -




Comfortable as can be, adjustable, and the foam fittings for your eyes can be moved to fit your face. It's been a great purchase, but definitely not something I ever thought I'd brag about.

https://mantasleep.com/
[Reply]
Bump 10:59 PM 05-23-2019
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
Good coffee is life changing for me.
I've never had a cup of coffee and sipped it and said "damn, now that will change my life if I drink this every day"

I've tried all sorts of brew methods and types of coffees and coffee shops. If I see something at Costco that I haven't tried I always get it to try it. Cold brew, k cups, french press, regular brew, single cup brew. It's all kind of the same to me. I dunno. Maybe my pallet sucks.
[Reply]
Bowser 11:03 PM 05-23-2019
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
Good coffee is life changing for me.
I love the smell of coffee, but I can't stand the taste of it.
[Reply]
Rain Man 11:05 PM 05-23-2019
I'm a fan of Robert Graham shirts, but they keep ramping up the prices so it's hard to justify the price these days.

I've got this nice surfer girl/shark/rubber ducky shirt that I wear on special occasions. The buttons are Swarovski crystals. Very nice.


[Reply]
DaFace 11:09 PM 05-23-2019
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I jump around the clock for my job from time to time and can find myself sleeping in the daytime. I bought one of these and I couldn't tell you what time of the day it is when I put it on -




Comfortable as can be, adjustable, and the foam fittings for your eyes can be moved to fit your face. It's been a great purchase, but definitely not something I ever thought I'd brag about.

https://mantasleep.com/
Stuff like this is really why I started this thread. Big purchases are cool, but I love getting ideas about smallish purchases that can still make a big impact.
[Reply]
Miles 11:11 PM 05-23-2019
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Oh yeah. This has been fairly life changing. I think I can get you a referral discount if anyone wants to give it a go.
One of my friends at work had some from them he bought just to try since he was also a vet. We made some with an aeropress and it was really great. Think it was the gunship.

Would like to buy some of their whole bean if you have a promo code.
[Reply]
Miles 11:17 PM 05-23-2019
Originally Posted by Bump:
I've never had a cup of coffee and sipped it and said "damn, now that will change my life if I drink this every day"

I've tried all sorts of brew methods and types of coffees and coffee shops. If I see something at Costco that I haven't tried I always get it to try it. Cold brew, k cups, french press, regular brew, single cup brew. It's all kind of the same to me. I dunno. Maybe my pallet sucks.
The good stuff reminds me a lot of wine in tasting a bunch of other flavors that shouldn’t be there given the source.
[Reply]
007 11:19 PM 05-23-2019
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I jump around the clock for my job from time to time and can find myself sleeping in the daytime. I bought one of these and I couldn't tell you what time of the day it is when I put it on -




Comfortable as can be, adjustable, and the foam fittings for your eyes can be moved to fit your face. It's been a great purchase, but definitely not something I ever thought I'd brag about.

https://mantasleep.com/
I've thought about getting one of those for when I'm away from home but man I hate wearing things on my eyes. If the price was a little lower I'd probably take a chance on them.
[Reply]
Bowser 11:24 PM 05-23-2019
Originally Posted by 007:
I've thought about getting one of those for when I'm away from home but man I hate wearing things on my eyes. If the price was a little lower I'd probably take a chance on them.
Those foam covers don't press down on your eyes, and the band is adjustable so it's never any tighter than you want it. You won't get darker sleep in the daytime, trust me. I promise you won't be disappointed with them.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:24 PM 05-23-2019
Originally Posted by Miles:
One of my friends at work had some from them he bought just to try since he was also a vet. We made some with an aeropress and it was really great. Think it was the gunship.

Would like to buy some of their whole bean if you have a promo code.
I’ll shoot you a smoke in the morning
[Reply]
Miles 11:25 PM 05-23-2019
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I’ll shoot you a smoke in the morning
Thanks. I’ll order some. Which ones your favorite?
[Reply]
007 11:26 PM 05-23-2019
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Those foam covers don't press down on your eyes, and the band is adjustable so it's never any tighter than you want it. You won't get darker sleep in the daytime, trust me. I promise you won't be disappointed with them.
How is it for stomach sleepers? Does the velcro have any tendency to make noise when you move around on your pillow?

its the dumb things like that make sleep masks so hard for me. None of them seem to work well for stomach sleepers.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 23
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Up