ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 63
< 123 45671353 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>What are some of your favorite product purchases?
DaFace 07:47 PM 05-23-2019
A thread to talk about some of the things we've bought and are really happy with. The end. Or the beginning.
[Reply]
DaFace 08:34 PM 05-23-2019
Originally Posted by Wilson8:
Gravely Zero Turn rider mower which I bought several years ago with an end of season sale. Cut my mowing time to zero. My wife likes it so well that she goes out and mows.

Best purchase that I have ever made.
Yeah, well I like my Ryobi 40V battery-powered mower. :-)

Obviously it's completely different, and I wouldn't necessarily call it a "favorite purchase," but not having to deal with gas and oil is a game changer for a small yard. It's also nice that the batteries are compatible with their other products (I have a trimmer as well).
[Reply]
Frazod 08:35 PM 05-23-2019
Originally Posted by AssEaterChief:
We actually just got one of these when we moved... it is so new that it would be tough to list as of yet, but I love this thing. Only drawback is that it is heavy as hell.
Yes it is, but it has to be.
[Reply]
Bump 08:36 PM 05-23-2019
I bought some nice pots and pans about 10 years ago, have used them a lot and they are still in nice shape. The big ass stock pot is great for chili or lobsters, not that hard to clean either.
[Reply]
ChiefGator 08:36 PM 05-23-2019
Originally Posted by eDave:
Hey.. I have one of those.. really nice in my old truck to listen to podcasts as I drive around.

Be careful with attaching the power cord though, the little tiny usb-tiny (whatever it is called) jack on the body of the speaker can get messed up.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 08:37 PM 05-23-2019
Originally Posted by DaFace:
The software is identical on all of them, so it's all just down to the under-the-hood specs.

https://www.roku.com/products/compare

The biggest things to look for are:

4K/UHD compatibility (if you have a TV that supports it)
Dual-Band WiFi (if you have the ability to do 5GHz from your router, that can help your signal consistency a lot)
I was reading Wired on these today which said different ones did more.

https://www.wired.com/gallery/how-to...he-right-roku/
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 08:38 PM 05-23-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
This.

A coffee table with a lift top. Perfect for meals or just whatever. This is the most convenient thing ever. I'm sure it was invented by some poor slob who spilled a meatball on the couch and got brained by his wife with skillet as soon as he got out of the hospital.

The only time we actually use the dining room table for meals is if we have company. Had it for 18 years and it's as sturdy as the day we got it.
I have something like just a different design. It is great!
[Reply]
eDave 08:41 PM 05-23-2019
Originally Posted by ChiefGator:
Hey.. I have one of those.. really nice in my old truck to listen to podcasts as I drive around.

Be careful with attaching the power cord though, the little tiny usb-tiny (whatever it is called) jack on the body of the speaker can get messed up.
I hear you on the power chord (micro USB) and I had read that when doing my research. I'm very careful with that. I have two and pair them. Huge difference than just the one.
[Reply]
notorious 08:42 PM 05-23-2019
Originally Posted by ChiefGator:
Yeah, my Dell XPS 13 is my most recent larger purchase... compared to the alienware, it is sooo much smaller, and still powerful enough to do software development on it when I travel.

Below is the XPS on top of the Alienware.. the block in the back is just the power block for the Alienware... I didn't realize it would be so big honestly...

Otherwise, my Honda EU2200i Generator has been SOOO nice on my property.
I went from a Lenovo 15 to this XPS 13. I LOVE IT.

Everything about it is perfect.
[Reply]
notorious 08:45 PM 05-23-2019
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
I've been looking at those online and about to get one. Which kind did you get?
I got the Roku 4k Ultra for 3 TVs. It's really handy in the bedroom since the remote has a built in headphone jack.

So much simpler, faster, etc. I am blown away by all the free channels it offers, too.
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:53 PM 05-23-2019
This is probably one of my best. $7 and it has dramatically changed the manner in which I can work at night. I don't know how the blue hell I ever lived without it.

This is another one that's worth not getting cheap knock offs. Makes things far easier in the tractor. But if you use GPS or other functions in the car, its the go to. Ram Mount is the top of the line.

This is another good one. If I had to listen to the radio in the tractor, I'd be killing fools.

[Reply]
Buehler445 08:54 PM 05-23-2019
Originally Posted by notorious:
I went from a Lenovo 15 to this XPS 13. I LOVE IT.

Everything about it is perfect.
I went to surface pro so I could get a USB 3.0 adapter for a desktop adapter.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 08:59 PM 05-23-2019
When I had a garden

Added a timer on it. Very low maintenance. I still have it, but do not have a need for it.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 09:00 PM 05-23-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
This.

A coffee table with a lift top. Perfect for meals or just whatever. This is the most convenient thing ever. I'm sure it was invented by some poor slob who spilled a meatball on the couch and got brained by his wife with skillet as soon as he got out of the hospital.

The only time we actually use the dining room table for meals is if we have company. Had it for 18 years and it's as sturdy as the day we got it.
I have one of those. Awesome for grading papers and doing school work while watching the game and other programs.
[Reply]
DaFace 09:00 PM 05-23-2019
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
This is another one that's worth not getting cheap knock offs. Makes things far easier in the tractor. But if you use GPS or other functions in the car, its the go to. Ram Mount is the top of the line.

I'm a big fan of magnetic phone mounts in the car. I personally have the one that you jam into your CD player (because who uses those anymore), which makes it rock solid. The caveat is that you pretty much have to be someone who uses an opaque phone case for it to work, but if you do it's super handy to just be able to plop the phone in the general direction of the mount and have it stick. Super easy to grab it for a phone call too.

https://smile.amazon.com/Koomus-Magn...dp/B00HUIL310/

[Reply]
IA_Chiefs_fan 09:02 PM 05-23-2019
I'm thankful that I bought a ChiliPad a couple years ago. My bed is 67 degrees every night.
I've never slept so well.
https://www.chilitechnology.com/prod...d-sleep-system
[Reply]
Page 3 of 63
< 123 45671353 > Last »
Up