ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 5
< 1234 5 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Offseason additions outside of the draft
O.city 02:16 PM 12-21-2018
Not a good thread for the lounge yet, still some season to go but thought it would be an interesting idea here.

Yeah, we have the draft and free agency but one place you can make some hay is trading picks for guys on other teams obviously. But more directly, from teams that have decided to blow up the coaching staff and front office and make system changes. So guys that maybe don't necessarily fit the new style of defense or what not.

It looks like the Cardinals and the Jets are going full on meltdown rebuild. The 9ers may fire their DC and make some changes there.

Who is everyone looking at in these situations, player wise?

One big name for me from the Jets would be Leonard Williams. High pick that's maybe underwhelmed a bit that would be a great fit here.
[Reply]
Cosmos 02:29 PM 01-04-2019
Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief:
We'd better get really good at drafting because once MVPatty gets paid, we're going to have to have significant contributions from guys on rookie contracts.
+1 QFT
[Reply]
SAGA45 05:35 PM 01-04-2019
I'd key on former SEC/ACC top draft prospects that didn't quite live up to their potential/draft stock. For some reason, Veach loves to kick the tires on these guys.
[Reply]
kccrow 06:53 PM 01-04-2019
Originally Posted by Chargem:
One year left on his contract and would cost $10m. No thanks.
He's probably getting cut. I'd say that with about 100.1% confidence. I don't think he's advocating for Jackson based upon trading for him.
[Reply]
Mecca 08:34 PM 01-04-2019
For the earlier Dolphins comment, lots of rumors down there they are about to have a fire sale and go into total Raiders style rebuild mode.
[Reply]
Wilson8 12:11 AM 01-05-2019
TE Maxx Williams - We need more Williams on this team. Former University of Minnesota 2nd round pick for Baltimore Ravens. Does not get very many opportunities but according to FootballOutsiders.com, he makes the most of them with 94% catch rate in 2018 and a 83% catch rate in 2017. Ravens won't be competing to re-sign since they drafted Andrews and Hurst this last year. Good size at 6-4, 252 with 10 3/8 inch hands and timed at 4.78 40 in pre-draft. Maxx has not lived up to expectations for Ravens but could be a good 2nd TE for KC. Side note - Demetrius Harris has a 48% catch rate.
[Reply]
Wilson8 12:26 AM 01-05-2019
So supposing KC could get a WR that is 6-3, 215 pounds and can run a 4.35 40, had 109 receptions and 1447 yards in his last season in college and KC could get him using no draft picks and could get him at a very club friendly contract? OK that was the good news. The bad news, he can't stay healthy with leg and scapula fractures. Some of you have already guessed it is WR Kevin White for the Chicago Bears. Big health issue BUT if KC could sign at a very low risk contract. Might be gold with very little risk.
[Reply]
Wilson8 12:44 AM 01-05-2019
Some other free agents to consider either signing or re-signing.

CB Kareem Jackson Texans, Bryce Callahan Bears, Pierre Desir Colts, Steven Nelson Chiefs, Ronald Darby Eagles.

DL Muhammad Wilkerson Packers, Danny Shelton Patriots, Christian Covington Texans, Sheldon Richardson Vikings, Mario Edwards Giants, Allen Bailey Chiefs

OT Cameron Fleming Cowboys

ED Dee Ford Chiefs

HB Spencer Ware Chiefs

FB Anthony Sherman Chiefs

ILB Manti Te’o Saints
[Reply]
Chargem 04:12 AM 01-05-2019
Originally Posted by Wilson8:
Some other free agents to consider either signing or re-signing.

CB Kareem Jackson Texans, Bryce Callahan Bears, Pierre Desir Colts, Steven Nelson Chiefs, Ronald Darby Eagles.

DL Muhammad Wilkerson Packers, Danny Shelton Patriots, Christian Covington Texans, Sheldon Richardson Vikings, Mario Edwards Giants, Allen Bailey Chiefs

OT Cameron Fleming Cowboys

ED Dee Ford Chiefs

HB Spencer Ware Chiefs

FB Anthony Sherman Chiefs

ILB Manti Te’o Saints
Of the corners, I'm not sure about Kareem Jackson. He's playing well above his career average performance this year, and he's still had some pretty terrible games in coverage. Callahan is good but predominantly a slot guy I believe? We already have Fuller to man the slot. I like Darby but to me he's the stand out CB this off season, even coming off an injury. I think he gets overpaid as teams compete for him.

On the D line there's a few good options, I definitely wouldn't re-sign Bailey. A lot of guys like Sheldon Richardson are going to command more than I would want to pay at Dline I think, considering how much work the secondary needs. I kind of hope for a cheaper vet who produces about the same as Bailey but for a lot less money, and then try drafting a kid in the first 2 rounds.

I put T'eo in a mock draft, if we move to a 4-3 I think he could genuinely be an absolute steal, has looked good in his two years at NO and somehow ended up as a healthy scratch this year while still playing well. Could be had for pennies I think.
[Reply]
Hoover 09:24 AM 01-05-2019
I’d give Kevin White a shot low risk high reward
[Reply]
Wilson8 10:44 AM 01-05-2019
With the Kansas City Chiefs Andy Reid Offense and Patrick Mahomes at QB, a few free agents might not require the big free agent pay out to come here for one last chance at glory.

Adrian Peterson – At 33 years old with Washington this year, Adrian had 251 rushing attempts, 1042 yards, 4.2 average, and 7 TDs. Adrian also had 20 catches for 208 yards and 1 TD. Maybe KC signs Adrian Peterson for the same cost to re-sign Spencer Ware.

Larry Fitzgerald – At 35 in 2018 he had 69 receptions, 734 yards and 6 TDs. At 6-3 220 pounds and a decent blocker, KC uses Larry in WR/TE sets that only Andy Reid can design. So again rather than re-sign and bring back Demetrius Harris, the Chiefs sign Larry Fitzgerald.

One last shot at a ring!!!

Not sure if either Larry or Adrian would really be a good thing for the Chiefs but the point I am really trying to make is; Kansas City is now a very attractive destination for NFL free agents.

[Reply]
Chargem 06:27 AM 01-06-2019
Last night affirmed my opinion on Kareem Jackson, guy got burned badly last night, no thanks.

Desir impressed, but I don't know why the Colts wouldn't retain him
[Reply]
kccrow 07:34 AM 01-06-2019
Originally Posted by Hoover:
I’d give Kevin White a shot low risk high reward
No way man. Low risk, low reward. He's playing in the same offense and Nagy didn't magically turn him around either. He just fucking sucks, ala Jon Baldwin.
[Reply]
kccrow 07:35 AM 01-06-2019
Originally Posted by Wilson8:
With the Kansas City Chiefs Andy Reid Offense and Patrick Mahomes at QB, a few free agents might not require the big free agent pay out to come here for one last chance at glory.

Adrian Peterson – At 33 years old with Washington this year, Adrian had 251 rushing attempts, 1042 yards, 4.2 average, and 7 TDs. Adrian also had 20 catches for 208 yards and 1 TD. Maybe KC signs Adrian Peterson for the same cost to re-sign Spencer Ware.

Larry Fitzgerald – At 35 in 2018 he had 69 receptions, 734 yards and 6 TDs. At 6-3 220 pounds and a decent blocker, KC uses Larry in WR/TE sets that only Andy Reid can design. So again rather than re-sign and bring back Demetrius Harris, the Chiefs sign Larry Fitzgerald.

One last shot at a ring!!!

Not sure if either Larry or Adrian would really be a good thing for the Chiefs but the point I am really trying to make is; Kansas City is now a very attractive destination for NFL free agents.
Just say no to old fucking trash.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:10 AM 01-06-2019
Kareem Jackson is a FS now, if he played there I think he'd be ok.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:09 PM 01-06-2019
I would absolutely look into Darius Philon. Would love stealing him from the Chargers.

That guy is a very good run stuffer who has solid pass rush ability.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 5
< 1234 5 >
Up