ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 6
< 12345 6 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Mahomes' NFL comparison.
Direckshun 10:22 AM 03-10-2017
Tribusky reminds me of Pennington/Alex Smith.
Kizer reminds of me Josh Freeman.
Watson reminds me of Russell Wilson.

Mahomes is tougher...

I think Mahomes' floor is Geno Smith. Anybody have a good comparison for what his ceiling is?
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 06:29 PM 04-04-2017
Originally Posted by -King-:
Watch his Oklahoma tape. 88 attempts and you can count on two hands the number of times he actually sets his feet and steps into a throw.
Posted via Mobile Device
Never been under center EVER until this last Friday at his Pro Day. I like the kid a lot but he is very raw and it will take 2-3yrs IMHO until he is really ready.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 07:24 PM 04-04-2017
upside. so sexy. because we haven't had it at qb since... well since I became a fan. the bottom line will be can he learn to read defenses and anticipate throws. I think he could but not for us. our entire offense is anticipation really. and with low velocity smith it bites us in the ass sometimes. the upside is so tempting weve become fascinated with it.

more than likely hes gone before we pick anyway. but I think we go with a kid with some upside because its dorseys mold. but probably a "smart guy" hes gonna have to be and x and o guy above all. if smith had his current knowledge and his early year physical talents wed probably all be jerking off to running backs.
[Reply]
-King- 04:06 AM 04-05-2017
Originally Posted by buddha:
Mahomes is a black QB so he compares to Geno Smith?

I don't think he compares to Geno at all. His arm strength and ability to throw on the move is much better. He is still very raw, but I could see him being ready in two years.

Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
KChiefs1 08:53 PM 10-18-2018
So many solid takes in this thread...NOT.
[Reply]
staylor26 05:57 AM 10-19-2018
Originally Posted by -King-:
Tyler Bray.
Posted via Mobile Device
:-)
[Reply]
KChiefs1 07:51 AM 10-19-2018
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
I think he's basically got a Geno Smith floor and a Derek Carr ceiling.

This is a good one too.
[Reply]
carcosa 08:20 AM 10-19-2018
I think he's basically got a Geno Smith floor and a Derek Carr ceiling.
lmao
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:51 AM 10-19-2018
he does though

in a couple years geno will do his floors and carr will paint the ceiling in his KC mansion
[Reply]
Direckshun 03:00 PM 10-19-2018
Unless you've spent a full offseason in the draft forum, you can write down your complaints and shove them up your pooper.

Spending an entire offseason breaking down one to two hundred players is a ton of work for a dude to do in his spare time, even if it is really fun. You don't have NFL resources and it's like I can subpoena access to Pro Day workouts.

I was spooked by the goofy spread offense he played in because, as is still true, literally nobody has played in that offense in college and gone on to have NFL success, except for, maybe, Case Keenum.

Mahomes skepticism was very real, and in my opinion, super reasonable.

You're not wiser than I am simply because you have hindsight on your side.
[Reply]
RealSNR 07:10 PM 10-19-2018
What's up with that Paddy O'Mick fartface these days? Has he finally admitted he was wrong about Mahomes?

Cian Fahey, I think his name is?

That's just so funny. The day I take NFL analysis from a fucking Irishman is the day I take diet advice from Andy Reid.
[Reply]
carcosa 08:40 PM 10-19-2018
Unless you've spent a full offseason in the draft forum, you can write down your complaints and shove them up your pooper.

Spending an entire offseason breaking down one to two hundred players is a ton of work for a dude to do in his spare time, even if it is really fun. You don't have NFL resources and it's like I can subpoena access to Pro Day workouts.

I was spooked by the goofy spread offense he played in because, as is still true, literally nobody has played in that offense in college and gone on to have NFL success, except for, maybe, Case Keenum.

Mahomes skepticism was very real, and in my opinion, super reasonable.

You're not wiser than I am simply because you have hindsight on your side.
Lots of people knew he was going to be good lmao
[Reply]
kccrow 03:02 PM 10-20-2018
Originally Posted by carcosa:
Except for you aren't one of them? Kind of hard to laugh at someone's opinion if you didn't take the time to offer yours. Nobody is going to respect you for walking in here and mocking someone using nothing but hindsight.

Thank you.
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 03:19 PM 10-20-2018
Originally Posted by staylor26:
:-)
That's the type of analysis I read this board for.
[Reply]
RealSNR 08:47 PM 10-20-2018
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
The dude is going to be drafted before we get a chance at him at 27.

If we really want him, we have to trade up in the 1st
Even though I wasn't a hater, I was cautious when it came to Mahomes. However, it's good to see that at least my underwhelming opinions weren't incorrect
[Reply]
Direckshun 09:23 PM 10-20-2018
Originally Posted by carcosa:
Nobody was saying he was going to be THIS GOOD, other than the idiots who fall in love with a QB every year.

I got the sense that that COULD be the case when Dorsey/Reid made the trade, had their choice of QBs, and went with him over Watson. That was a pretty clear signal they adored this guy, and Reid is to be trusted with QBs. Terez reported the Chiefs has dug deep in him too.

But prior to that, all we really had was tea leafs and our own judgment. Those of us who lived in the trenches had a wide variety of opinions on him. Mine was that he was likely going to be good and with some work he could be a Derek Carr. I think that was a fair take given what is fans knew.

If you think it’s dumb for dudes to waste their time doing this, fine. But you’re on a football forum and this kind of draft season research enhances the experience for a ton of us, so, again, shove it up your pooper.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 6
< 12345 6 >
Up