ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 38 of 192
« First < 283435363738 394041424888138 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>2024 WR Class
Couch-Potato 08:45 PM 10-10-2023
Some interesting WRs in the upcoming class, who do you like?

1st - 2nd RD WR Targets:

Keon Coleman, FSU, 6-4, 215, 4.6
Emeka Egbuka, OH ST, 6-1, 205, 4.3
Adonai Mitchell, TX, 6-4, 195, 4.5
Troy Franklin, ORG, 6-3, 185, 4.41
Xavier Legette, SC, 6-1, 225, 4.29
Brian Thomas, LSU, 6-4, 205, 4.35
Xavier Worthy, TX, 6-1, 175, 4.22
Ja'Lynn Polk, WAS, 6-2, 205, 4.48
Johnny Wilson, FSU, 6-7, 235, 4.42
Branden Rice, USC, 6-3, 210, 4.38
Malachi Corley, WKU, 5-11, 200, 4.46
Jermain Burton, BAMA, 6-0, 195, 4.31

*This entire class is tall WTF?
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:55 PM 01-16-2024
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
Again, that’s why I’m suggesting they trade up or down to find a spot where BPA aligns with need. You also conveniently left out that WR was a need for Baltimore this year and they made sure they got one.

If teams truly just take BPA no matter the position, what happens when the board falls in a way where WR isn’t necessarily the BPA in the first 2-3 rds? Really going to go into 2024 with a depth chart at WR of Rice, Mooney,Moore, and Toney?
nobody is against trading up or down, but it takes a willing partner.
[Reply]
BossChief 12:10 AM 01-17-2024
Originally Posted by O.city:
I look at it in tiers. If you have a big tier, you can wait. If it's small, you can get burned by waiting.
Veach refers to them as pockets. With how much WRs cost in FA, it may be smart to take 2 in the first 4 rounds.
[Reply]
JPH83 01:03 AM 01-17-2024
Again I don't think it'll be that difficult a decision. It's an OK year for WRs in FA but not outstanding, there's nothing for LT and there's plenty of DT options. You've gotta think they partially fix WR and sort DT, unless there are trades.

There's LOADS of WRs but as always there will be a drop off in quality somewhere in R2. I just think the smart money is still on them going WR with the first pick somewhere in R1. Even if we went for Evans in FA I just can't see Veach taking the risk.

LT we'll cobble together a solution as we did this year and get another developmental guy R2 or R3.
[Reply]
O.city 07:49 AM 01-17-2024
Last year was the best way to play it IMO. They coulda just taken Rice in the first and no one woulda really blinked, but they played the draft well.

Dont' take a WR in the first if the guy is a 2nd round prospect.
[Reply]
JPH83 08:21 AM 01-17-2024
Last year was the best way to play it IMO. They coulda just taken Rice in the first and no one woulda really blinked, but they played the draft well.

Dont' take a WR in the first if the guy is a 2nd round prospect.
There was a lot of variance in people's opinions on Rice if I remember, but not many had him as a definite R1 guy. Yes, we'd be happy having taken him end of the 1st, but they played it perfectly by drafting roughly where people were grading him.

If guys who are borderline R1/R2 are available end of R1, and they should be in this draft, take them there.
[Reply]
O.city 08:30 AM 01-17-2024
We haven't really gotten into the meat of the stuff yet, but if it works out that you have the top 3 then a gaggle of guys who are all of similar grade......I'd start looking at other spots that might be available there and kick the WR to the 2nd round.

I really like Legette myself and if he were to be there in the 2nd.....I'd do that in a heartbeat.
[Reply]
Shoes 10:38 AM 01-17-2024
We haven't really gotten into the meat of the stuff yet, but if it works out that you have the top 3 then a gaggle of guys who are all of similar grade......I'd start looking at other spots that might be available there and kick the WR to the 2nd round.

I really like Legette myself and if he were to be there in the 2nd.....I'd do that in a heartbeat.
I'm on the Legette train also- his change of direction and fluidity for being 6'3, 220 lbs is incredible. High points the ball well, little bit of work to refine while route running but it isn't that bad. If you compare him to Treylon Burks for example, I think Legette is a much better lateral athlete and I think his tape shows he has more tools in the bag as a receiver. Legette has a little bit of ying, to Rashee Rice's yang, and what I mean by that is Rice's ability to sit in zone coverage and find openings coming out of college was something that was going to be effective day 1. Legette absolutely torches man to man coverage, I think he compliments Rice and Kelce's skillset well. Only knock I have on Legette is his short area game- his release could be better and there isn't much tape showing him winning within the first 0-5 yards against a pressure look.

Legette has accepted an invite to the Reese's Senior Bowl. Everyone is going to get a very good look at him, he could significantly improve his draft position if he has a Tank Dell type of week.
[Reply]
O.city 10:53 AM 01-17-2024
He's more DK Metcalf but seems to corner better to me. The lack of production needs answered, but to me....man it's an upside pick.

Ideally....I'd rather have a guy like Odunze but this guy seems like a poor mans Odunze.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 02:16 PM 01-17-2024
This is probably my preference order currently in the 1st.

Troy Franklin
Xavier Legette
Brian Thomas
Keon Coleman
Adonai Mitchell

If we don't go 1st RD WR, I'm really high on Brenden Rice at the bottom of the 2nd.
[Reply]
iSavedLatin 03:41 PM 01-17-2024
I think what you guys are seeing in Legette, with regards to his athleticism, seems correct. He looks like a more fluid athlete than DK or Burks. He has really good stop/start capability, but hasn't used that to form a complete route tree. Instead, it shows in comeback routes and hooks. If he can translate that foot quickness and lateral agility to additional routes, while learning to setup defenders, then he's on his way to superstardom. I don't see him face press much due to his size and speed combo, allowing him to get off the line quickly and cleanly. His rookie season could see him running mostly go routes, as well as simple crossers to take advantage of his RAC ability, while he develops his route tree. Putting him in the slot would also create some uncomfortable mismatches for defenses.

Tack on a jitterbug with really good technical work like Jacob Cowing, who can uncover in an instant, work in a phone booth, and effortlessly finds open spots in zones, and you have a pretty exciting group moving forward. Cowing would excel in this offense, IMO, but may shoot up boards after the combine.
[Reply]
O.city 03:44 PM 01-17-2024
I don't get too hungup on the "doesn't have a full route tree". Of course he doesn't, I don't expect guys taken where we pick to. If he did, with his athletic profile he's going with Harrison JR in the top 5.
[Reply]
iSavedLatin 04:08 PM 01-17-2024
I'm not too hung up on it either. I think he could provide a lot of value year one doing two simple things: running go routes and working underneath and trying to turn 5-yard throws into 50-yard touchdowns. Let him use the first two-thirds of the season learning to be a professional WR and slowly expand on what you want him to do.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:51 AM 01-18-2024
I'm not too hung up on the route tree, but I'm having a hard time getting past the four years of nada production only to become Megatron in year 5.

I just can't get past that.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 09:04 AM 01-18-2024
Coleman and Legette are the risky two IMO

Both are plus athletes and have production concerns.

Coleman has great hands but doesn't separate.
[Reply]
O.city 09:08 AM 01-18-2024
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I'm not too hung up on the route tree, but I'm having a hard time getting past the four years of nada production only to become Megatron in year 5.

I just can't get past that.
Had he had the production....he'd be going in the top 5.

Questioning it is fine, but in the end, we need elite dudes and this is one way to get them.
[Reply]
Page 38 of 192
« First < 283435363738 394041424888138 > Last »
Up