ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2442 of 2691
« First < 1442194223422392243224382439244024412442 2443244424452446245224922542 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
DRM08 02:32 PM 02-21-2023
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
If we're just picking players at peak, Steve McNair at the top was scary good.

He could throw really well and run and shared the MVP with Peyton one year.
Agree, McNair was a badass for sure!
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 02:34 PM 02-21-2023
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Agree, McNair was a badass for sure!
:-)
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:32 PM 02-21-2023
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I agree. Just goes to show that there is so much to take into account when comparing. You've got to consider individual statistics, eye test, team accomplishments (wins, SB wins), era, supporting cast, coaching, etc. There's a lot that goes into it.

Just talking about peak- everything else being equal. Who is your top 10 QBs of all-time? You've got one hypothetical game you've got to win. Who are the first 10 guys on your board?
One game with said QB at the peak of his powers?

Mahomes
Manning
Steve Young
Joe Montana
Aaron Rodgers
Tom Brady
Drew Brees
John Elway
Dan Marino
Kurt Warner

I mean I have no idea how to incorporate someone like Unitas, Staubach or Dawson into a list like this. Never saw 'em play. I wanted to put Favre in there but he's as like as not to just kill you by the end of the 1st half. With high stakes I just can't have a floor as low as his.

Young over Montana will raise some hackles, but Steve Young was fucking insanely good. 1992-1994 Steve Young doesn't take a backseat to anyone. Arguably the most accurate passer ever during that stretch, hard as a coffin nail, could throw on the move or move the chains with his legs. I had to talk myself out of putting him at 2 on that list.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 03:32 PM 02-21-2023
Sexy picks here; controversial, though. I assume your rankings are heavily weighted on peak?

Cunningham's career looks to have been marred by injury, but at his peak, he could play with the best of them. In 1990 he passed for 3,500 yards and 30 TDs then added nearly 1,000 yards on the ground as well. That is crazy for the time period.

Cannon arm, ran like a gazelle, and had a hell of a leg. Have you ever seen his 91 yard punt? Lol.
QB Eagles was a beast on Tecmo Superbowl :-)
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 03:47 PM 02-21-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

Mahomes
Manning
Steve Young
Joe Montana
Aaron Rodgers
Tom Brady
Drew Brees
John Elway
Dan Marino
Kurt Warner

I mean I have no idea how to incorporate someone like Unitas, Staubach or Dawson into a list like this. Never saw 'em play. I wanted to put Favre in there but he's as like as not to just kill you by the end of the 1st half. With high stakes I just can't have a floor as low as his.

Young over Montana will raise some hackles, but Steve Young was fucking insanely good. 1992-1994 Steve Young doesn't take a backseat to anyone. Arguably the most accurate passer ever during that stretch, hard as a coffin nail, could throw on the move or move the chains with his legs. I had to talk myself out of putting him at 2 on that list.
In any system, and time period I'd say Marino can't really judge Mahomes because of the era he's playing in. Brady's a situational lucky, cheating bitch.
[Reply]
In58men 06:14 PM 02-21-2023
Watch this

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTRn2SUqA/
[Reply]
Rain Man 06:22 PM 02-21-2023
Sexy picks here; controversial, though. I assume your rankings are heavily weighted on peak?

Cunningham's career looks to have been marred by injury, but at his peak, he could play with the best of them. In 1990 he passed for 3,500 yards and 30 TDs then added nearly 1,000 yards on the ground as well. That is crazy for the time period.

Cannon arm, ran like a gazelle, and had a hell of a leg. Have you ever seen his 91 yard punt? Lol.
I hadn't really thought of it that way, but yeah, you're right. I'm putting a lot of weight on peak. We'll never really know about Moon's peak, but Cunningham and Warner were monsters during their peak. I probably downweighted Warner because his peak wasn't very long, but if I was going purely on peak I'd bump him up a lot higher on the list.
[Reply]
Direckshun 06:23 PM 02-21-2023
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
I like the Chiefs tbh

[Reply]
crispystl 06:25 PM 02-21-2023

Mahomes
Manning
Steve Young
Joe Montana
Aaron Rodgers
Tom Brady
Drew Brees
John Elway
Dan Marino
Kurt Warner

Young over Montana will raise some hackles, but Steve Young was ****ing insanely good. 1992-1994 Steve Young doesn't take a backseat to anyone. Arguably the most accurate passer ever during that stretch, hard as a coffin nail, could throw on the move or move the chains with his legs. I had to talk myself out of putting him at 2 on that list.
I don't think I'd put him above Montana, but I always contend Steve Young is criminally underrated. He was extremely good during that stretch.
[Reply]
Rain Man 06:33 PM 02-21-2023

Mahomes
Manning
Steve Young
Joe Montana
Aaron Rodgers
Tom Brady
Drew Brees
[Edited out for obscenity]
Dan Marino
Kurt Warner

Young over Montana will raise some hackles, but Steve Young was ****ing insanely good. 1992-1994 Steve Young doesn't take a backseat to anyone. Arguably the most accurate passer ever during that stretch, hard as a coffin nail, could throw on the move or move the chains with his legs. I had to talk myself out of putting him at 2 on that list.
I agree about Favre. There's no denying that he was a great quarterback, but he's a home run hitter who also strikes out. I wouldn't put him on my "win one game" list.

I can see Young being ranked really high. I'm a big Steve Young fan. But for one game I'd take Montana. Montana has the second-greatest clutch gene ever after Patrick Mahomes II. As long as you can keep him from getting hurt, he'd have to be my #2 for one must-win game.

And I'd give you elway all day long against me in one game. I know that I'm on record of not being a fan, but I think he's the most overrated quarterback ever. I never feared him when we played his team. I can think of precisely one time when he was the central figure in a comeback against the Chiefs, and it was basically a hail mary that a receiver caught.
[Reply]
RealSNR 06:51 PM 02-21-2023
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I agree about Favre. There's no denying that he was a great quarterback, but he's a home run hitter who also strikes out. I wouldn't put him on my "win one game" list.

I can see Young being ranked really high. I'm a big Steve Young fan. But for one game I'd take Montana. Montana has the second-greatest clutch gene ever after Patrick Mahomes II. As long as you can keep him from getting hurt, he'd have to be my #2 for one must-win game.

And I'd give you elway all day long against me in one game. I know that I'm on record of not being a fan, but I think he's the most overrated quarterback ever. I never feared him when we played his team. I can think of precisely one time when he was the central figure in a comeback against the Chiefs, and it was basically a hail mary that a receiver caught.
Agreed about Elway. I frankly found it to be an insult when people compared Mahomes to him in terms of arm talent.

Average joes on the street can throw farther than Elway.

[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 07:00 PM 02-21-2023
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Agreed about Elway. I frankly found it to be an insult when people compared Mahomes to him in terms of arm talent.

Average joes on the street can throw farther than Elway.

I remember that commercial. Time flies.
[Reply]
tredadda 08:08 PM 02-21-2023

When I was a child Cunningham was arguably my favorite player. He was unbelievable to watch play.
[Reply]
tredadda 08:12 PM 02-21-2023

Mahomes
Manning
Steve Young
Joe Montana
Aaron Rodgers
Tom Brady
Drew Brees
John Elway
Dan Marino
Kurt Warner

Not a bad list but while Young was a better athlete than Montana I just can’t put him above Joe. Montana was just so good, especially when it mattered most. The guy almost overcame Marty being Marty and led KC to a SB despite being a shell of his former self.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 11:45 PM 02-21-2023
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Elway was the 2nd most important QB on the field for the Broncos in their Super Bowl win over the Pack.

I don't want to insult Elway's impact after that game, though. He decided to hire Vance Joseph over Kyle Shanahan in 2016 because of some dumb feud he was having with Mike at the time. Elway's contributions to Kansas City as a GM since 2015 can't be understated.
[Reply]
Page 2442 of 2691
« First < 1442194223422392243224382439244024412442 2443244424452446245224922542 > Last »
Up