ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 16
« First < 51112131415 16 >
Media Center>Starfield (Skyrim in Space)
Hammock Parties 12:57 PM 02-08-2022
Let's gooo! 11-11-22

We've come to the beginning of humanity's final journey.

For all, into the starfield. pic.twitter.com/F1KOnxLBy4

— Starfield (@StarfieldGame) June 13, 2021

[Reply]
Indian Chief 08:28 AM 11-20-2023
I suspect I'm enjoying Frazod's updates more than he's enjoying the game itself.
[Reply]
Frazod 08:45 AM 11-20-2023
Originally Posted by Indian Chief:
I suspect I'm enjoying Frazod's updates more than he's enjoying the game itself.
For vast stretches of it, this is true. In some ways, it's great. In others, it's as fucked up as a football bat.
[Reply]
Indian Chief 11:41 AM 11-21-2023
Originally Posted by Frazod:
For vast stretches of it, this is true. In some ways, it's great. In others, it's as fucked up as a football bat.
Sounds like Chiefs games this year
[Reply]
Frazod 02:55 PM 11-21-2023
Originally Posted by Indian Chief:
Sounds like Chiefs games this year
Except when the Chiefs have a shitty game they can't go back to their last save and do it over.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 09:46 AM 11-25-2023
Piece of shit update says the progression bugs are fixed, played through RYUJIN faction AGAIN, and lo and behold the mother ****er I have to talk to in order to end the sabotage quest, STILL SPAWNS OUTSIDE THE MAP when it is specifically stated in patch notes that this NPC has been fixed.

I'm never running this annoying God damn faction questline again. At this point I'm ready to Uninstall the ****er. It's a gamepass title anyway, so happy I didn't buy this shitload of ****.

I'd rather fellate a hot curling iron to disfigurement, or fellate my Mossberg to completion than run the Ryujin quests again. **** Bethesda and their 40 year old game engine.
[Reply]
Frazod 02:06 PM 11-25-2023
I've never played the Ryujin quest. Seems like that's a good thing.

The only annoying bug I'm encountering on my current run is the vanishing inventory thing when I steal enemy ships on the ground. It's happened a couple of times now. I don't want the glitch to take hold, so I just go back to the quicksave I always make before trying and don't do it. I still have no issues getting the ones in space, which is more fun anyway.

And my character occasionally stays invisible. The NPCs and followers still interact with him, but he doesn't show up. It's kind of funny. When he sits down in the cockpit pilot seat, the helmet is empty. :-)

I haven't done a single complex quest. I occasionally gather up an artifact or visit a temple, but other than that, I just kill pirates, take their shit, and build ships and (non-linked) outposts. That's what I enjoy and it works for me, and for the most part I don't encounter the buggy crap that makes me crazy.
[Reply]
007 11:41 AM 11-27-2023
Got all of about a half hour in before I lost interest. Thankfully I have game pass for a month so I didn't drop any money on it.
[Reply]
Frazod 04:13 PM 11-27-2023
Originally Posted by 007:
Got all of about a half hour in before I lost interest. Thankfully I have game pass for a month so I didn't drop any money on it.
You really need to sink some time and effort in the game to get acclimated. It is NOT a game you can play casually. Like I said before, Starfield basically throws you into the deep end, tosses you an anvil, and flips you the bird as you're drowning. Were it not for YouTube videos, I'd have thrown up my hands and quit a long time ago. I never would have figured out a lot of this shit on my own. Like I also said before, I'm old; I learn slowly and forget quickly. There are numerous beginner videos that are very helpful.

My main mission on this playthrough has been to create enough outposts that I produce every major crafting component, which I have now done. The only useful resource that I'm not producing is mercury, but I need so little of it that I'm fine just buying it from vendors. Had to create a fucking Word document listing them and the resources they contain to track everything, as well as items I was short on - it would have been impossible to remember where everything was otherwise. Figured out how to grow plants and raise livestock to harvest vital organic resources, particularly fiber, polymer, solvent and lubricant - it's a bit complicated, but isn't buggy (unless you're farming actual space bugs). Outside of the transfer containers, which never seem to work right, and intersystem cargo links, which make the game explode, the outposts generally function as they should. Anyway, I finished all that, created a shit ton of storage at my main base, and dumped the thousands of tons of shit I was hauling around there. Transferring all that crap from the ship to base storage was a pain in the ass, but it's done. Now I do all my crafting there, and can retool my ships with less cargo and habs which I no longer need, and get their mobility up to near or at 100%.

I'll do the piracy/shipbuilding stuff a bit longer, then power through to the next level and start all over again. This current round has been far less buggy than previous ones. The stuff I'm avoiding really seems to help.
[Reply]
Frazod 03:49 PM 03-12-2024
After burning out on the new survival games I tried and tiring of learning a bunch of new shit, I went back and did a new run in this. Still fun overall, but also still a twitchy, buggy, fucked up mess that our friends at Bethesda have apparently done nothing to improve. One of my favorite bugs in this playthrough was having one ship that would take off on its own from the landing pad after I exited. I guess I told Barrett to go fuck himself once too often. :-)

I'm at the midway point of the atrocious main quest line, already up to almost level 90. The bugs are starting to make the game a real slog, and I've already got five maxed out ships in my fleet. Now I've encountered a new bug that completely eliminates the enemy crew when I board ships, and when I tried to apply a fix that I found all it did was wipe out my prior saves. :-) Improving stats and building/improving ships is the fun part - everything else is just kind of there.

Don't give a fuck about finishing the main quest and starting over as starborn, so I'll probably just start over again. Or maybe give Fallout 4 another run since the new show is coming out. I'm old and bored. Got nothing better to do.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 02:07 PM 03-13-2024
After burning out on the new survival games I tried and tiring of learning a bunch of new shit, I went back and did a new run in this. Still fun overall, but also still a twitchy, buggy, fucked up mess that our friends at Bethesda have apparently done nothing to improve. One of my favorite bugs in this playthrough was having one ship that would take off on its own from the landing pad after I exited. I guess I told Barrett to go fuck himself once too often. :-)

I'm at the midway point of the atrocious main quest line, already up to almost level 90. The bugs are starting to make the game a real slog, and I've already got five maxed out ships in my fleet. Now I've encountered a new bug that completely eliminates the enemy crew when I board ships, and when I tried to apply a fix that I found all it did was wipe out my prior saves. :-) Improving stats and building/improving ships is the fun part - everything else is just kind of there.

Don't give a fuck about finishing the main quest and starting over as starborn, so I'll probably just start over again. Or maybe give Fallout 4 another run since the new show is coming out. I'm old and bored. Got nothing better to do.
I'm not sure where Bethesda is, they have done nothing to fix this and promised Redfall(I know lolz) would be the most supported game ever. They haven't done jack for that game either and it seems like a LONG time before their next game hits the market.
[Reply]
SAGA45 06:08 AM 03-14-2024
Hadrian should be a romanceable character. Her quest line rivals those that build affinity with the core characters. Bethesda missed an opportunity.
[Reply]
Skyy God 12:07 PM 03-14-2024
Finished the game. It’s whatever.

Probably should have unlocked jet packs prior to the end.

Skill upgrade system fucking blew goats.
[Reply]
Frazod 01:32 PM 03-14-2024
Originally Posted by SAGA45:
Hadrian should be a romanceable character. Her quest line rivals those that build affinity with the core characters. Bethesda missed an opportunity.
I always go with Andreja now. She's my Space Lydia.

I keep waiting for her to say "Look, a cave! Wonder what's inside?" after we've just left the cave. :-)
[Reply]
SAGA45 10:31 PM 03-16-2024
I always go with Andreja now. She's my Space Lydia.

I keep waiting for her to say "Look, a cave! Wonder what's inside?" after we've just left the cave. :-)
I married Sarah but have Andreja as my companion at the moment. I'm going to break Sarah's heart because Andreja is about to get this 'serpent'.
[Reply]
Frazod 12:02 AM 03-17-2024
Originally Posted by SAGA45:
I married Sarah but have Andreja as my companion at the moment. I'm going to break Sarah's heart because Andreja is about to get this 'serpent'.
Actually, you can marry Sarah, let he get greased by the starborn, and then marry Andreja.

Knowing it's going to happen feels rather evil. "Hold down the fort here at the Lodge. I'm going to head up to the space station. [In my best Sam Kinison voice] Love ya honey!"

:-)
[Reply]
Page 15 of 16
« First < 51112131415 16 >
Up