ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 16
« First < 3910111213 141516 >
Media Center>Starfield (Skyrim in Space)
Hammock Parties 12:57 PM 02-08-2022
Let's gooo! 11-11-22

We've come to the beginning of humanity's final journey.

For all, into the starfield. pic.twitter.com/F1KOnxLBy4

— Starfield (@StarfieldGame) June 13, 2021

[Reply]
Wallcrawler 08:42 AM 11-01-2023
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Damn, I missed that. I was so fed up with all the bugs and glitches that I didn't visit the last couple of temples. :-)
You get phased time automatically each time you resolve the conflict with Hunter, and Emissary.

There's no way to miss it.

Go to your powers screen and there's a prompt at the bottom of the screen to list the power names and phased time is on the outside ring, on the right.
[Reply]
Frazod 03:16 PM 11-01-2023
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:
You get phased time automatically each time you resolve the conflict with Hunter, and Emissary.

There's no way to miss it.

Go to your powers screen and there's a prompt at the bottom of the screen to list the power names and phased time is on the outside ring, on the right.
Thanks for pointing that out. Duh.

Been playing around with it for the past couple of hours. Sure is fun, especially coupled with magshot revolver on full auto. I can grease three enemies with headshots before they can move. :-)
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 05:06 PM 11-01-2023
Thanks for pointing that out. Duh.

Been playing around with it for the past couple of hours. Sure is fun, especially coupled with magshot revolver on full auto. I can grease three enemies with headshots before they can move. :-)
There is the occasional bug with it where you can become trapped in phased time, and cannot fire your weapon more than once, and if you've jumped, you never land.

You can tell the bug is happening if your essence bar is not regenerating, or as mentioned, you could only fire once.

If this happens, you need to hard save your game (if you were mid jump when you triggered PT, it's back to the latest autosave sadly) but if you're in a place that will allow you to hard save, simply do that, close the application and restart, and when the game loads, you'll still be in phased time, but the timer for the power will count down correctly and your ability to function normally will be restored.

Kind of annoying but easily fixed.

It happened to me literally the first time I ever used it and I thought the power itself was bugged and I was furious because it's the only power I gave a shit about.

So just in case you run into that lol.
[Reply]
Frazod 09:00 PM 11-01-2023
There is the occasional bug with it where you can become trapped in phased time, and cannot fire your weapon more than once, and if you've jumped, you never land.

You can tell the bug is happening if your essence bar is not regenerating, or as mentioned, you could only fire once.

If this happens, you need to hard save your game (if you were mid jump when you triggered PT, it's back to the latest autosave sadly) but if you're in a place that will allow you to hard save, simply do that, close the application and restart, and when the game loads, you'll still be in phased time, but the timer for the power will count down correctly and your ability to function normally will be restored.

Kind of annoying but easily fixed.

It happened to me literally the first time I ever used it and I thought the power itself was bugged and I was furious because it's the only power I gave a shit about.

So just in case you run into that lol.
Just been dealing with it. However, I discovered an easy fix to it - all you have to do is sit in a chair. Any chair. Another answer is to max out your jet pack skills and then aim your weapon when boosting. I'm only at level 2 for that one, so I haven't been able to test it yet.

So yeah, it's annoying, but if you use it in the correct environment (like taking over an enemy ship) it is simply awesome. I waxed the entire crew and none of them ever even got a shot off. I may have killed and looted all of them and then grav jumped away in their ship before the first body hit the deck. The only shitty part is it takes forever for hatches to open, but other than that, pure sadistic evil goodness. :-)

I'm also at that part of the main story where either Sarah or Andreja dies. I'm married to Sarah, and I learned that if she dies you can later romance and marry Andreja without consequence. So basically I'm going to let my space wife get brutally murdered and rebound with her best friend. I'm guessing that makes me a bad husband. :-)
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 12:39 PM 11-02-2023
Just been dealing with it. However, I discovered an easy fix to it - all you have to do is sit in a chair. Any chair. Another answer is to max out your jet pack skills and then aim your weapon when boosting. I'm only at level 2 for that one, so I haven't been able to test it yet.

So yeah, it's annoying, but if you use it in the correct environment (like taking over an enemy ship) it is simply awesome. I waxed the entire crew and none of them ever even got a shot off. I may have killed and looted all of them and then grav jumped away in their ship before the first body hit the deck. The only shitty part is it takes forever for hatches to open, but other than that, pure sadistic evil goodness. :-)

I'm also at that part of the main story where either Sarah or Andreja dies. I'm married to Sarah, and I learned that if she dies you can later romance and marry Andreja without consequence. So basically I'm going to let my space wife get brutally murdered and rebound with her best friend. I'm guessing that makes me a bad husband. :-)
NICE. Did not hear about the sit down in a chair fix. That's way better that the save and reboot.

I have normal jetpack boosting maxed so I'll have to try that out also. Hopefully just the normal jetpack skill and not the boost combat, because I have nothing in that one yet.
[Reply]
Frazod 01:16 PM 11-02-2023
NICE. Did not hear about the sit down in a chair fix. That's way better that the save and reboot.

I have normal jetpack boosting maxed so I'll have to try that out also. Hopefully just the normal jetpack skill and not the boost combat, because I have nothing in that one yet.
Unfortunately the jetpack thing doesn't work - at least not for me. So I ended up dumping two points into jetpacks that I wouldn't have otherwise. Doesn't bother me that much, though, as the improved performance is noticeable.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 12:30 PM 11-03-2023
Unfortunately the jetpack thing doesn't work - at least not for me. So I ended up dumping two points into jetpacks that I wouldn't have otherwise. Doesn't bother me that much, though, as the improved performance is noticeable.
Level 4 is okay, but very underwhelming for what I was expecting.

You can get about 7 boosts in per bar if carefully timed with a balanced boost pack. Which really matters considering if you try to change the pack on the starborn armor it unequips the entire set.

Honestly popping personal atmosphere when your co2 bar fills from sprinting, and just having unlimited sprint is faster.

Maybe once combined with boost combat it might be cool, but it seems very niche, because usually there's no need to boost on combat whatsoever.

Maybe for a melee centric fighter. But for guns, nothing really ever gets close enough to me to burn them with a boost, and if they're an elite, phased time double tap to the coconut takes care of that.

Maybe it's for people trying to roleplay as Boba or Jango Fett. Lmao.
[Reply]
Frazod 01:41 PM 11-03-2023
Level 4 is okay, but very underwhelming for what I was expecting.

You can get about 7 boosts in per bar if carefully timed with a balanced boost pack. Which really matters considering if you try to change the pack on the starborn armor it unequips the entire set.

Honestly popping personal atmosphere when your co2 bar fills from sprinting, and just having unlimited sprint is faster.

Maybe once combined with boost combat it might be cool, but it seems very niche, because usually there's no need to boost on combat whatsoever.

Maybe for a melee centric fighter. But for guns, nothing really ever gets close enough to me to burn them with a boost, and if they're an elite, phased time double tap to the coconut takes care of that.

Maybe it's for people trying to roleplay as Boba or Jango Fett. Lmao.
Oh I definitely consider them wasted picks. If not for the bug fix (or in my case non bug fix) I wouldn't have done it. I'm just saying that it's not completely useless. Until you told me about the time slowing power, the only one I ever used was personal atmosphere.

The time slowing power bug is really annoying, because it comes and goes. Sometimes the power works right, sometimes it doesn't. It kind of fucks me up when I expect the bug version and then it just goes away when I'm surrounded by enemies.

This playthough is starting to get a bit twitchier as I progress - the last bad one was the ground at the New Atlantis spaceport being gone. When I interacted with the shipbuilder guy my inventory vanished. Luckily I was able to immediately go back to a previous save and leave the area, so I got it back. But so far I don't have any of the really shitty ones, like the Den docker dying or my inventory blipping out every time I capture a new ship. Still haven't really built up any new outposts - I'll look for a good spot occasionally but if I don't find one I just start doing other things. I'm still mainly just killing pirates and taking their shit. Works for me.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 07:36 PM 11-03-2023
Oh I definitely consider them wasted picks. If not for the bug fix (or in my case non bug fix) I wouldn't have done it. I'm just saying that it's not completely useless. Until you told me about the time slowing power, the only one I ever used was personal atmosphere.

The time slowing power bug is really annoying, because it comes and goes. Sometimes the power works right, sometimes it doesn't. It kind of ****s me up when I expect the bug version and then it just goes away when I'm surrounded by enemies.

This playthough is starting to get a bit twitchier as I progress - the last bad one was the ground at the New Atlantis spaceport being gone. When I interacted with the shipbuilder guy my inventory vanished. Luckily I was able to immediately go back to a previous save and leave the area, so I got it back. But so far I don't have any of the really shitty ones, like the Den docker dying or my inventory blipping out every time I capture a new ship. Still haven't really built up any new outposts - I'll look for a good spot occasionally but if I don't find one I just start doing other things. I'm still mainly just killing pirates and taking their shit. Works for me.
The most annoying bug for me persists through each playthrough, even though all inventory is supposed to disappear upon completion of a run.

When I first started the game, I wanted commerce 4, so I literally picked up EVERYTHING. Folders, pencils, weights, books, half eaten sandwich, I picked up everything not nailed down or on fire, and just placed it in the frontiers cargo hold.

I sold all of the necessary unique individual items to get to commerce 4, and then with the other 400 pounds of junk, I just sold it off, for roughly 2k after about 700 presses of the sell button.

Only to find out that any time I made a change or tweak to my ship, the cargo hold was reset, and all that ****ing junk was put back into the hold.

So I decided to go to space, and jettison the cargo. Just **** this bullshit, right?

Nope. Made another ship part change, cargo reset, and all the junk is back.

Even on NG+5, ALL of that junk I picked up in the very first area and stashed in the hold just keeps coming back like a possessed ****ing Ouija Board, refusing to be sold or jettisoned permanently.

I mean if this had worked with you know, expensive items, it would have been an unending well of money. As it is, it's about 700 miscellaneous items that in total sell for about 2k. So annoying.
[Reply]
Frazod 09:25 PM 11-03-2023
I think I've finally picked up the cause on major gamebreaking bug, at least for me - building outposts on worlds in high difficulty areas. Bethesda really seems to hate that.

Decided to build an outpost in the Serpentis system, where I regularly pirate zealot ships. First hijack mission after that the game went sideways and my inventory vanished completely when switching between ships. I dealt with that bullshit forever in my first playthough, but hadn't had to deal with it so far in this one. I know how to get around it, but it's a pain in the ass that I didn't miss.

As far as the junk goes, I get that as well. I always get a fresh batch of it after I take over a new ship or radically modify an existing one. All the shit laying around the captured ship goes into your inventory, or if you modify, apparently the shipbuilder people give you a whole batch of new shit (perhaps it's paid for out of the registration fee). Yeah, it sucks, but at least you can sell it, and though I get tired of pressing the E key endlessly, it does add up to a lot of extra cash.

By the way, who the fuck calls a houseplant a "succulant"? :-)
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 10:45 AM 11-04-2023
I think I've finally picked up the cause on major gamebreaking bug, at least for me - building outposts on worlds in high difficulty areas. Bethesda really seems to hate that.

Decided to build an outpost in the Serpentis system, where I regularly pirate zealot ships. First hijack mission after that the game went sideways and my inventory vanished completely when switching between ships. I dealt with that bullshit forever in my first playthough, but hadn't had to deal with it so far in this one. I know how to get around it, but it's a pain in the ass that I didn't miss.

As far as the junk goes, I get that as well. I always get a fresh batch of it after I take over a new ship or radically modify an existing one. All the shit laying around the captured ship goes into your inventory, or if you modify, apparently the shipbuilder people give you a whole batch of new shit (perhaps it's paid for out of the registration fee). Yeah, it sucks, but at least you can sell it, and though I get tired of pressing the E key endlessly, it does add up to a lot of extra cash.

By the way, who the **** calls a houseplant a "succulant"? :-)
Yeah I'm not messing with outposts until I get to the NG+10 and even then it'll be after more fixes come out.

I still can't complete the Ryujin corporate questline where the guy working at the news station spawns out of the playable area so you cannot turn your evidence in to him to complete the faction.

I'll get to NG10 with maxed Starborn Armor and Guardian Ship with a level 10 phased time and just park that character save there until all the bullshit progression killing bugs get squashed.

Dead Island 2's first story expansion finally dropped so that will be a nice distraction in the meantime.
[Reply]
Frazod 10:59 PM 11-04-2023
I may have finally reached my breaking point with this brokedick cocksucker. In addition to everything else that's gone wrong, the New Atlantis starport is still broken and for some reason I now can't use Andreja as a companion anymore. I get the dialogue option "are you ready to head back out?" and she's not pissed at me, but she doesn't follow me, so I get no more follower support or EXP bonuses, even though we're both on my home ship. I'm just sick of it. And the idea of powering through another level doing the main story crap that I hate just to do it all over again, wondering what new and exciting FUCK YOU FROM BETHESDA shit bombs await me in the next level, I really question if it's worth it.

Maybe I'll play Outer Worlds for awhile - that's a fun space game that ACTUALLY FUCKING WORKS RIGHT. If it had ship building/combat, it would blow this away in every measurable way.

[Reply]
Wallcrawler 06:48 PM 11-06-2023
I may have finally reached my breaking point with this brokedick one who sucks the penis. In addition to everything else that's gone wrong, the New Atlantis starport is still broken and for some reason I now can't use Andreja as a companion anymore. I get the dialogue option "are you ready to head back out?" and she's not pissed at me, but she doesn't follow me, so I get no more follower support or EXP bonuses, even though we're both on my home ship. I'm just sick of it. And the idea of powering through another level doing the main story crap that I hate just to do it all over again, wondering what new and exciting **** YOU FROM BETHESDA shit bombs await me in the next level, I really question if it's worth it.

Maybe I'll play Outer Worlds for awhile - that's a fun space game that ACTUALLY ****ING WORKS RIGHT. If it had ship building/combat, it would blow this away in every measurable way.

That's why I choose to skip the story and just speedrun the artifacts to get powered up first.

I did some investigating on the boost combat levels, and if that really didn't fucking bring my piss to a boil.

So level 4 of boost combat allows time to slow 70% while boosted and using ADS to hover In place.

This apparently does not play well with phased time, as I now encounter the phased time stuck bug at nearly a 25% rate, where before I had sessions where I would never encounter it at all.

Now, hovering and aiming does break the bug and get the time to start again, but you essentially lose the rest of phased time, replacing it with 70% slowed time for the remainder of your fuel bar.

So basically, if you're gonna use phased time, don't level boost combat to 4.

This game has some real serious issues.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 11:32 AM 11-07-2023
Man... it seems that I should be glad that I didn't give into the pre-purchase pressure and waited.

I'm currently running through Baldur's Gate 3 and it is pretty dang good.
[Reply]
Frazod 03:55 PM 11-07-2023
Well, I had a nice rant, but the next day I was right back at it. Was close enough to the end that I was able to power through to the end and get to P2.

The two constant bugs I deal with now involve the inventory blipout when capturing another ship and the time slowing power being fucked up. There wasn't any grace period where shit worked right; much like Tupalov's torpedoes, they went active the minute the game launched. I've just learned to deal with it. Whenever I take over an enemy ship I go back, grab all the cargo, takeover the new ship, then redock with my old ship, reselect it as my home ship, and put the cargo back in the hold. It's a pain, but it works. Also, if you register a ship in space when you first capture it, the fee is substantially less, which is nice.

I bypassed all the Constellation crap this time around. One weird thing, which is apparently pretty rare, is that this time around when I went to the Lodge I encountered my own character. I recruited him as a follower, so now I'm going through the game with myself. Obviously a lot of content isn't available now. I guess I could have Sarah as a follower/crewmember, but I'm kind of sick of her shit, so I've left her in the Lodge so far. Perhaps I'll make her a follower again to see if the romance thing works (I'm not going to fuck myself :-)), but so far I just have the robot and the extra me. Other me isn't nearly as annoying as the other followers, except he's always reminding me how bad the atmosphere is and that we need our spacesuits, even in New Atlantis. It seems like there's no way to find Andreja, and I haven't been to Akila yet, so I don't know how/if the Rangers quest will work. No sign of whiny Sam or his mouthy brat, or the odious Barrett, which is wonderful. I've mainly been killing pirates, stealing ships and upgrading stuff at my own pace, while tinkering a bit with outposts, which is still clunky and shitty but I'm getting better at it. The game seems to work better without the main story line mucking shit up. So far, anyway (knock on wood). I guess if it starts fucking up again I'll power through to the next level and do it all over again.
[Reply]
Page 13 of 16
« First < 3910111213 141516 >
Up