ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 16
« First < 289101112 13141516 >
Media Center>Starfield (Skyrim in Space)
Hammock Parties 12:57 PM 02-08-2022
Let's gooo! 11-11-22

We've come to the beginning of humanity's final journey.

For all, into the starfield. pic.twitter.com/F1KOnxLBy4

— Starfield (@StarfieldGame) June 13, 2021

[Reply]
Wallcrawler 11:25 AM 10-28-2023
Originally Posted by Barret:
So if you are building ships, here are the best weapons.

Particle beam is your best choice since it damages both Shield and Hull.

Vanguard Obliterator Autoprojector. You gain access to these once you complete the Vanguard questline. They are only 2 power so you can actually mount 6 of these on your ship. Also they are class A so you don't need super starship design skills to use them.

PBO-175 Auto Helion Beam. This is a Class B weapon and you need Starship design 4 and level 48. uses 3 power so you can mount 4

For your 3rd weapon I would recommend a Turret Particle Beam. All the good Turrets are Class C weapons though. I run the PBO-300 Auto Alpha Turret

So the first 2 I listed are manual firing but they have a very fast fire rate. So you have 10 weapons firing along with the 4 other turrets and you just melt stuff. You don't have to go into multiple different Laser Beam, Projectile or Missile Skills and just stick to Particle Beam and venture into turret weapons later on.

I believe Reddit has a DPS Calculator for weapons system and those stand out.
In all the time I've played and weapons used, I find it hilarious that the little Disruptor 3300 electron beam sold at new Atlantis for like 7200 (commerce lvl 4) is essentially you win the game.

Mount 4 on your ship, and hold the fire button for an infinite stream of death.

On my ng+ speed runs of artifacts, I just go get the Mantis ship, put 4 disruptor beams on it and just waste everything that bothers me while I speed to the next ng+
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 11:35 AM 10-28-2023
Originally Posted by Frazod:
In the little over a half hour since my last post, the game just went to hell on me. Started crashing between area loads. I just completed the whole goddamn NASA quest, and then it crashed when I was leaving the facility and now I have to do the whole ****ing thing over. Or not.

I think I'm just going to start over.

**** you, Bethesda. :-)
OMFG how annoying.

I'd really try to use a backup save, because right at the tail end of the story missions you get the phased time power, which is SUPER ****ing fun.

It slows time for 8 seconds, which is insane and enough to merc an entire room of ecliptic or va'ruun assholes.

It's like the quicksilver scenes in x men lmao. You shoot all these dudes in the face, and when time catches up they all instantly fall over.

Each time you speedrun the following ng+runs, phased time gains about 3 seconds each time you acquire it, essentially turning you into a cross between Charles Xavier freezing everyone in place, and John Wick headshotting all the now stationary targets.

I don't revisit the temples because most powers outside of phased time are trash. Void form is okay, but it's base version is more than adequate for what little stealth is required.

I just run, collect all the artifacts that I now know where they are, and then choose my final battle I prefer and then power up and head to the next run.

Make as save right before you enter the unity, so that if your starborn armor rolled shitty perks, you can reload and pass through again.

I got a God roll Starborn Armor on 4th run. Mechanized +40 weight capacity, fasteners +20 weight capacity, and holstered where weapon weights are reduced 50%.

I can carry a ton of shit on this one lol.

I'll probably actually replay the entire story once I get my level 10 starborn armor and phased time.

Just to essentially walk through it as a literal god.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 11:45 AM 10-28-2023
Holstered should really be a craftable perk for suits.
[Reply]
Fish 12:04 PM 10-28-2023
Bethesda really really really wants you to play this game 20 times. It's frustrating how much stuff they limit to specific ng+ levels. And to lose all your gear and ships. That's harsh..
[Reply]
Frazod 12:18 PM 10-28-2023
I'm really really really getting sick of the bugs. Got the goddamn can't-board-the-Den bug during my new playthrough when I was only Level 9. I've checked everywhere I can think of and there is no fix for it.

The game is like an Italian sports car that's awesome when it works right but is in the shop half the time, except the mechanics are on vacation.

:-)
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 10:28 PM 10-29-2023
Bethesda = fix 1 bug and create 10 more, same as it ever was :-)
[Reply]
Indian Chief 09:05 AM 10-30-2023
Like Detoxing, I was following your adventures and waiting to see. I think this is going to be a pass for me. Seems like all the bugs and not much of the fun of usual Bethesda games. Backlog of games is way too big at this point.
[Reply]
Frazod 01:29 PM 10-30-2023
New Starborn playthrough going okay for the most part. I like the dialogue options when the character knows what's going to happen.

One new, annoying bug popped up that I haven't seen before - I call it the curious case of the phantom turret. Built up a nice Class C ship that I captured exactly how I wanted it, but it has two turrets that I don't want, and when I delete them, the game still thinks I have one installed. Can't just add I third and deal with the turrets, because then it thinks I have four. If I delete the entire ship it goes away, but that means I have to rebuild it from scratch, and then some of the parts I already had are no longer available because the builder doesn't stock them. It's really annoying.

But other than that, all the annoying shit that was going on previously is gone (knock on wood). My cargo transfers from ship to ship automatically and I can board the Wolf Den again. I suspect that the problem is having too many settlements. I'm not going to build the maximum number like I did last time.
[Reply]
Frazod 01:33 PM 10-30-2023
Originally Posted by Indian Chief:
Like Detoxing, I was following your adventures and waiting to see. I think this is going to be a pass for me. Seems like all the bugs and not much of the fun of usual Bethesda games. Backlog of games is way too big at this point.
This is far and away the worst Bethesda game when it comes to bugs. By a factor. The Scotty quote from Star Trek III about overtaking the plumbing pretty much sums it up. It's still a great deal of fun, but I won't deny that it's a buggy mess.
[Reply]
Fish 01:34 PM 10-30-2023
It's flying...

All systems Nominal ✅️
byu/jamiemakesthingsmove inStarfield

[Reply]
Fish 12:59 AM 10-31-2023
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:
OMFG how annoying.

I'd really try to use a backup save, because right at the tail end of the story missions you get the phased time power, which is SUPER ****ing fun.

It slows time for 8 seconds, which is insane and enough to merc an entire room of ecliptic or va'ruun assholes.

It's like the quicksilver scenes in x men lmao. You shoot all these dudes in the face, and when time catches up they all instantly fall over.
Found this on Reddit. You weren't kidding. This looks bananas.... :-)

What's your favorite power and why is it phased time?
byu/Cynical-avocado inNoSodiumStarfield

[Reply]
Imon Yourside 05:40 AM 10-31-2023
Originally Posted by Frazod:
This is far and away the worst Bethesda game when it comes to bugs. By a factor. The Scotty quote from Star Trek III about overtaking the plumbing pretty much sums it up. It's still a great deal of fun, but I won't deny that it's a buggy mess.
Daggerfall Arena was a total dumpster fire back in the 90s, just a horrid mess of crashes and getting stuck in the ground everywhere. I remember a year after it came out they put out a patch to address most of the issues and it literally deleted everyones save game. They've done far worse bug wise lol
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:39 AM 10-31-2023
Sounds like the game will be relatively decent in a few years.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 08:15 AM 10-31-2023
Originally Posted by Fish:
Found this on Reddit. You weren't kidding. This looks bananas.... :-)

What's your favorite power and why is it phased time?
byu/Cynical-avocado inNoSodiumStarfield
It's pretty insane, and with an 8 second time on its base ability it's already op, as in about 15 seconds you can fire it again, even less if you pop a starborn essence that you receive upon killing starborn enemies.

Only drawback is make sure you've opened any doors you need to pass through before popping it, because the doors are as slow as the enemies for the duration.

Mine is about 15 seconds now, so I can casually walk up and face shot dudes with a 6 shooter and loot them before they hit the ground it's hilariously op.
[Reply]
Frazod 01:44 PM 10-31-2023
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:
It's pretty insane, and with an 8 second time on its base ability it's already op, as in about 15 seconds you can fire it again, even less if you pop a starborn essence that you receive upon killing starborn enemies.

Only drawback is make sure you've opened any doors you need to pass through before popping it, because the doors are as slow as the enemies for the duration.

Mine is about 15 seconds now, so I can casually walk up and face shot dudes with a 6 shooter and loot them before they hit the ground it's hilariously op.
Damn, I missed that. I was so fed up with all the bugs and glitches that I didn't visit the last couple of temples. :-)
[Reply]
Page 12 of 16
« First < 289101112 13141516 >
Up