ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 16 of 27
« First < 61213141516 1718192026 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Potential 1st round Targets
Dunerdr 06:02 AM 03-25-2024
I'm probably over thinking it but Bowers size does worry me a little. He's not tiny but hes not prototypical either.
[Reply]
Stryker 06:30 AM 03-25-2024
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
I'm probably over thinking it but Bowers size does worry me a little. He's not tiny but hes not prototypical either.
Don't worry, he will NOT be in our range of drafting. Probably Jets @ pick 10.
[Reply]
staylor26 08:33 AM 03-25-2024
Added Kool-Aid post Sneed trade because even though I don't think they'd go CB in the 1st, it would just be a perfect combination of need, value, and fit.
[Reply]
kccrow 05:01 PM 03-25-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Added Kool-Aid post Sneed trade because even though I don't think they'd go CB in the 1st, it would just be a perfect combination of need, value, and fit.
Kamari Fucking Lassiter >>> Kool-Aid
[Reply]
Hoover 09:46 AM 03-30-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I would add Cooper DeJeanthe DB from Iowa.

He's a Swiss army knife. Smart. If you want to replace what you had with Sneed and McDuffie - you draft Cooper. Plus he gives you an elite kick returner.
[Reply]
Nightfyre 02:48 PM 03-30-2024
Originally Posted by Hoover:

He's a Swiss army knife. Smart. If you want to replace what you had with Sneed and McDuffie - you draft Cooper. Plus he gives you an elite kick returner.
I disagree. We don't need first round talent in the secondary, or we wouldn't have traded Sneed for a pittance. The safety and CB room is deep. Plus Dejean will like go in the teens.

We still have McDuffie, Watson, Williams, Conner, Jones, Reid, Bush and a sleeper who was earning first team reps last year in Johnson. Why would you go out and allocate a first round pick++ when you just let one walk and when you have the opportunity to acquire first round level talent at more pressing positions?

If he falls dramatically, or the board falls such that he is clear and away the BPA, sure. But I don't see it happening.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 04:02 PM 03-30-2024
Originally Posted by Hoover:

I gotta say, I think there is zero chance that happens and it SHOULDN'T happen.

you got to take care of Mahomes. Period. Either weapons or protection.
[Reply]
Willie Lanier 01:18 PM 03-25-2024
I really don't want Xavier worthy at all, I know he's got great track speed but I don't see him as much more than a luxury we don't need, give me Troy Franklin or really anyone else in that wr group you listed over worthy all day
[Reply]
Jerm 01:27 PM 03-25-2024
Originally Posted by Willie Lanier:
I really don't want Xavier worthy at all, I know he's got great track speed but I don't see him as much more than a luxury we don't need, give me Troy Franklin or really anyone else in that wr group you listed over worthy all day
If you think Worthy is just "track speed" you have no clue what you're talking about...

He's a weapon...one you can add to a room where he's not expected to be a 1 and use him in a variety of ways and watch him be lethal.

Speed kills in this league, I'll take all of it I can get...can never have enough.
[Reply]
Willie Lanier 11:11 PM 03-25-2024
Originally Posted by Jerm:
If you think Worthy is just "track speed" you have no clue what you're talking about...

He's a weapon...one you can add to a room where he's not expected to be a 1 and use him in a variety of ways and watch him be lethal.

Speed kills in this league, I'll take all of it I can get...can never have enough.
I didn't say he was only track speed fast, cool your jets little fella, I just was referring to the other potential options that were listed at wr in the op. You wouldn't rather have his teammate AD Mitchell (who is also fast as hell) or Brian Thomas (also fast) over a guy that weighs 165 lbs? I'm not even sold on wr in the first, I just stated Worthy wouldn't be my choice if we go that route
[Reply]
Jerm 09:26 AM 03-26-2024
Originally Posted by Willie Lanier:
I didn't say he was only track speed fast, cool your jets little fella, I just was referring to the other potential options that were listed at wr in the op. You wouldn't rather have his teammate AD Mitchell (who is also fast as hell) or Brian Thomas (also fast) over a guy that weighs 165 lbs? I'm not even sold on wr in the first, I just stated Worthy wouldn't be my choice if we go that route
I like AD Mitchell just fine...I'd love to have Brian Thomas too but I don't see that as feasible unless you move up, which for the record I'd be ok with too.
[Reply]
kcbubb 01:32 PM 03-25-2024
Seems like the consensus or desire here is for a WR. I just don’t get it. We’ve won two superbowls with limitations at WR. We saw what happened in the superbowl when our line was hurt against the bucs. We need a LT. That should be goal #1 in this draft. Resign smith on a one year deal and let him compete with a rookie LT. Move Wanya inside. This seems obvious to me?
[Reply]
Jerm 01:34 PM 03-25-2024
Originally Posted by kcbubb:
Seems like the consensus or desire here is for a WR. I just don’t get it. We’ve won two superbowls with limitations at WR. We saw what happened in the superbowl when our line was hurt against the bucs. We need a LT. That should be goal #1 in this draft. Resign smith on a one year deal and let him compete with a rookie LT. Move Wanya inside. This seems obvious to me?
I could flip your own argument on it's head and say we just won 2 Super Bowls with Donovan Smith and Orlando Brown Jr. at LT...

You can't keep neglecting the weapons on offense, the only reason we got away with it last season is because the defense will elite as hell.
[Reply]
kcbubb 01:38 PM 03-25-2024
Originally Posted by Jerm:
I could flip your own argument on it's head and say we just won 2 Super Bowls with Donovan Smith and Orlando Brown Jr. at LT...

You can't keep neglecting the weapons on offense, the only reason we got away with it last season is because the defense will elite as hell.
I can see that but our wr room should be more competitive than it has been in years. We’ve got rice and Hollywood. Who do we have at LT? Wanya? LT is more of a priority than WR considering what we have at WR. Plus we can draft a wr later. Lots of talent at wr this year. LT should be the priority. Keep Mahomes upright. Mahomes needs to be protected. I hope veach makes LT the priority in the draft and selects a wr later.
[Reply]
Stryker 07:38 PM 03-25-2024
Originally Posted by kcbubb:
I can see that but our wr room should be more competitive than it has been in years. We’ve got rice and Hollywood. Who do we have at LT? Wanya? LT is more of a priority than WR considering what we have at WR. Plus we can draft a wr later. Lots of talent at wr this year. LT should be the priority. Keep Mahomes upright. Mahomes needs to be protected. I hope veach makes LT the priority in the draft and selects a wr later.
Simple, because you are going to have to move up 16 spots to get the low lying fruit of what is left at the LT position "awesome" prospects. What is that going to cost our team? A LOT of draft picks! Get real already. That pick would probably be Troy Fautanu - great prospect but, at what cost?
[Reply]
Page 16 of 27
« First < 61213141516 1718192026 > Last »
Up