ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 148 of 173
« First < 4898138144145146147148 149150151152158 > Last »
In Memoriam>Good news [Lonewolf Ed]
Lonewolf Ed 04:51 PM 01-24-2015
I thought I'd start a new thread for updates on my cancer treatments and whatever else is going on, since the bad news thread title is misleading now.

My last treatment went better than the previous two and my chest wound is still closed up, which is a good thing. My arm is getting slightly stronger and I hope to resume lifting dumbbells next week. I need to build up my strength again, because I am going back to Denmark in May and I am extremely pumped about that! I'd like to be able to schlepp my own checked bag and not have someone else lifting it for me.

It's going to be a fabulous trip, 6 weeks and a couple of days for me. My brother is going along as well as my friends Chipp and Rod. Chipp is staying close to 3 weeks and has not gone with me over there since 2006 so he is also very pumped to be going. It will be Rod's first trip and he will be there for 2 weeks. I will get to be a tour guide. Also, I am throwing a party in my favorite pub of all, the wonderful, ever-magnificent Irish House in Aalborg on May 7th. The owner and I are friends and he will give me a little discount. We'll have Irish stew and brews in the cellar and I hope to have around 25 family and friends there. I might bill it as the "Fu** Cancer Party." A few months back, I was not sure I'd ever be able to go over to Denmark again or if I'd even be alive, but the cancer hasn't gotten me yet. I'm doing a number on it, instead.

Some other cool things I plan to do when I am back in my ancestral lands include a wine tasting in a castle, touring another castle and the northernmost manor home in the country, and visiting Skagen, the top of Denmark, where you can stand on a little patch of beach and have one foot in one sea and one in another. They also have a brewpub up there I am wanting to check out. I will start and end my trip in Aalborg and spend 5 weeks in an apartment I rent that is very close to the beach. I can hardly wait for May 4th to roll around!
[Reply]
Rams Fan 08:44 AM 04-07-2017
Ed, you are extremely courageous and brave.

I don't have much to say aside from that. Reading the challenges that you've had to deal and how you have combatted them is nothing short of inspirational.

You are a winner, Ed. Cancer lost.

-Richard
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:11 AM 04-07-2017
As soon as I saw that the name of the Lounge was changed.....I immediately thought the worst. I hope your last time on Earth is as calm and pain free as possible. Just remember that you've led a great life.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 09:28 AM 04-07-2017
I hope your last days are your best ones. I want you to take a couple days to see if you can still fight it, but if you are done you are done and I hope you can find some excitement to see what is on the other side. My hope is it's nothing but love for eternity. I know in my heart aren't going anywhere just the cells that harbor your soul will return to the earth. Hope on the other side you guide and calm those that love you so they know your presence is still there and not to feel lonely or sad. What a ride huh?
[Reply]
Dayze 09:41 AM 04-07-2017
Sorry to hear Ed.
I'm glad I was fortunate enough to meet up with you at Barley's Brewhaus a few years back (maybe 2014?) for a couple of cold beers.

damn...
[Reply]
TLO 09:45 AM 04-07-2017
Love you man.
[Reply]
booger 09:51 AM 04-07-2017
You're truly an inspirational man Ed. I pray for you and your loved ones
[Reply]
wazu 09:57 AM 04-07-2017
Aww...no no no no! So sorry to read, Ed! Have followed your story and prayed for a miracle. None of us are here very long even in the best case. With your time you fought hard and inspired many. Glad I got to meet you. And you're damn right you will win. You already have.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 10:14 AM 04-07-2017
Wow, so sorry Ed, you will be missed...

You are good people.

My wife is a Hospice Nurse... Those folks are the best of the best, rest peacefully buddy!
[Reply]
CaliforniaChief 10:22 AM 04-07-2017
Ed, it's been so inspiring to watch you fight this from afar...not just to fight the cancer because death awaits all of us at some point...but to watch you fight FOR the things you love.

The way you've refused to let cancer define you has forever touched me. Your outlook and humor has touched me. Your faith in the storm has touched me. Man, this place won't be the same without you which is tough on us but speaks to who you are. You've made a difference, brother. You've made us all better.

And the best part now is that in Christ you await your ultimate resurrection. I love you man. I'm praying that your journey to Jesus is comfortable and peaceful, and that you will experience the peace that passes all understanding through it all.
[Reply]
BlackHelicopters 10:24 AM 04-07-2017
Ed. Keep fighting and we will keep praying for a miracle. Visitors allowed?
[Reply]
TimBone 11:13 AM 04-07-2017
Damn it, Ed, very sad news. I saw the news last night, and decided to hold off and think on it before replying. As I've mentioned to you before, words always fail to come to me regarding your situation. Often, the way you've handled this entire ordeal with strength and grace has left me in complete awe. It's certainly been a lesson for us in perspective. Thank you, Ed. Thank you for so much.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 11:15 AM 04-07-2017
Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed:
I have very bad news. My blood tests had terrible numbers and my body is just worn down while my liver is getting ever worse. I can't handle more treatments and I am getting hospice care. I have two or three weeks left to live.

I want to thank all of you so much for the prayers, support and love. It has made a difference. My final battle awaits and I will win because the cancer dies with me and I am the one who will kill it.
I'm at a loss for words. I'm so very sorry.
[Reply]
Gonzo 11:21 AM 04-07-2017
Well Shit Ed. I really thought you'd pull through my man. I've never heard about anyone that's fought as hard as you have. Go in peace knowing that you have touched a lot of people's lives and always for the better.
We are all better for knowing you. I hope you're surrounded by loved ones and I wish you the best my man.
Know that you did kick that fucking diseases ass for a long time man. I'm really glad you were able to enjoy your vacation too.
Love ya man.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 11:27 AM 04-07-2017
Ed,

As time marches on, and we lose folks from this board, the losses feel more and more like a bit of amputation. Of heart and soul.

Know that this is not your final sleep. It is your final awakening. And I wish you and yours comfort throughout.
[Reply]
Eleazar 11:56 AM 04-07-2017
Ed, I'm sorry to hear of this. The way you've conducted yourself with bravery and optimism through all of this has really made an impression on us all. I hope that in the weeks ahead you are able to find comfort and make peace and prepare for the hereafter.
[Reply]
Page 148 of 173
« First < 4898138144145146147148 149150151152158 > Last »
Up