ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 209 of 286
« First < 109159199205206207208209 210211212213219259 > Last »
Media Center>*The NEW Movies Thread*
Bowser 11:09 AM 01-04-2014
Old one is crapping out the server, per the new guidelines.

Browse the old thread that is chock full of goodness here -

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245
[Reply]
sully1983 09:17 PM 03-30-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Watched this last night. It was awesome.

And while everybody knows how it ends,
Spoiler!

Definitely one of the better movies of its kind. Kostner and Harrelson make a great team. Kostner's portrayal of Frank Hamer is basically an old fart version of Eliot Ness.

I would have happily paid to see this in the theater.
Agree with all your points! The Highwaymen was awesome and I really enjoyed it (esp the part where they send Bonnie & Clyde to Hell). Some intense moments through out and Kostner/Woody had great chemistry .
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 04:49 PM 03-31-2019
It really a NEW movie, but what he’s Extracted last night and damn what a good movie. I highly recommend it if you like thrillers with twists. Def up there with Coherence as an under the radar movie!
[Reply]
Baby Lee 10:58 AM 04-01-2019
Tell me THIS don't look just a hoot. . .

[Reply]
ThaVirus 02:54 PM 04-07-2019
The new Pet Sematary was pretty enjoyable.

I liked the changes they made.
[Reply]
PunkinDrublic 08:33 PM 04-07-2019
I watched Triple Frontier on Netflix the other night. I thought it was a fun action movie.
[Reply]
Dayze 12:13 PM 04-08-2019
Watched The Highway Men last night. Really good.
[Reply]
Bowser 01:21 PM 04-08-2019
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:

….with Iggy Pop and Tom Waits (naturally). Yeah, I'm in.
[Reply]
Frazod 03:04 PM 04-08-2019
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
The new Pet Sematary was pretty enjoyable.

I liked the changes they made.
I haven't seen it yet, but I know what the main change is, and I agree, it makes much more sense
Spoiler!
[Reply]
ThaVirus 03:08 PM 04-08-2019
I haven't seen it yet, but I know what the main change is, and I agree, it makes much more sense
Spoiler!

It does make a bit more sense.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 04:14 PM 04-08-2019
Originally Posted by Bowser:
….with Iggy Pop and Tom Waits (naturally). Yeah, I'm in.
Yeah I gotta' get some of that.
[Reply]
Rasputin 05:33 PM 04-08-2019
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:

Mother fucking Iggy Pop!!

Danny Glover is in it cool!

Gotta see this.
[Reply]
frozenchief 01:53 PM 04-09-2019
I do wonder if the gas station scene actually happened. Wouldn't surprise me if he did something like that, though. I'm going to pick up the book that Pennywise recommended, but from what little I have read about Hamer he was a tough customer with a short fuse and a very personalized view of right and wrong.
He was. Costner portrayed him fairly accurately.

The movie apparently tried to be historically accurate, and many portions were, such as Bonnie's limp, the crowds around the gun-shot car, the way the populace would shield them from the police, although certain events were doubtless written for the movie's sake.

From what I could see, there were 2 areas where they veered off historically:

1. the witness who saw Bonnie shoot the cop in Grapevine was later discredited. (This was in the trailer, so I don't think a spoiler alert is necessary). Later historians believe that Methvin was the one who actually pulled the trigger and it is doubtful whether Bonnie herself ever actually killed someone, although she certainly was an accomplice.

2. there is a lot of dispute over whether Bonnie and Clark were given an opportunity to surrender. I won't say where the movie goes, but this is an area where the movie really could go either way. Some people who were there said that Bonnie and Clyde were told to put their hands up. Other say that as they approached, someone began shooting. Oakley (one of the Bienville Parish deputies) later admitted that he shot first and everyone shot in response to his shot, although again, it's disputed whether Oakley did so after they were told to surrender or not.

All in all, though, the movie was pretty accurate. Hamer figured out that they were running in a circle and tried to head them off. There were real tensions between Hamer and Maney on the one hand and other law enforcement. Ma Richardson had disbanded the Rangers, more so because of her own corruption than any other reasons. She lost the next election and the Rangers were re-constituted. Her husband had been convicted of corruption and she ran for governor, although everyone knew he was pulling the strings. It's a fascinating story from many angles and I think that the director did a great job. I would certainly watch this movie again.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:52 AM 05-10-2019
Watched Action Jackson last night, thinking of 'Hamas' the whole time.

It's devoid of intellectually stimulating content and the plot is paper thin, the dialogue is mostly ham-fisted, but damn some of the one liners are hilarious and the action scenes are absurd.

Chasing down a taxicab after delivering the line "I've got to catch a cab," jumping on it and going for a ride, shattering the windshield with your bare fist, and then vaulting over it later so it crashes? :-).

It's like the retarded younger brother of Predator and Beverly Hills Cop.

Will never watch again.
[Reply]
Frazod 10:21 AM 05-10-2019
Originally Posted by frozenchief:
He was. Costner portrayed him fairly accurately.

The movie apparently tried to be historically accurate, and many portions were, such as Bonnie's limp, the crowds around the gun-shot car, the way the populace would shield them from the police, although certain events were doubtless written for the movie's sake.

From what I could see, there were 2 areas where they veered off historically:

1. the witness who saw Bonnie shoot the cop in Grapevine was later discredited. (This was in the trailer, so I don't think a spoiler alert is necessary). Later historians believe that Methvin was the one who actually pulled the trigger and it is doubtful whether Bonnie herself ever actually killed someone, although she certainly was an accomplice.

2. there is a lot of dispute over whether Bonnie and Clark were given an opportunity to surrender. I won't say where the movie goes, but this is an area where the movie really could go either way. Some people who were there said that Bonnie and Clyde were told to put their hands up. Other say that as they approached, someone began shooting. Oakley (one of the Bienville Parish deputies) later admitted that he shot first and everyone shot in response to his shot, although again, it's disputed whether Oakley did so after they were told to surrender or not.

All in all, though, the movie was pretty accurate. Hamer figured out that they were running in a circle and tried to head them off. There were real tensions between Hamer and Maney on the one hand and other law enforcement. Ma Richardson had disbanded the Rangers, more so because of her own corruption than any other reasons. She lost the next election and the Rangers were re-constituted. Her husband had been convicted of corruption and she ran for governor, although everyone knew he was pulling the strings. It's a fascinating story from many angles and I think that the director did a great job. I would certainly watch this movie again.
I am reading the book about Hamer that Pennywise recommended. Sadly, one of the first things covered is the fact that Hamer's story about killing the guy who shot him as a kid wasn't true, but rather one of the numerous tall tales that sprung up about him throughout his life. In real life the guy who shot him got away with it, although he did die a couple of years later. West Texas was basically lawless back then.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:09 PM 05-13-2019
LAWRENCE OF ARABIA IS COMING TO OVERLAND PARK BITCHES

https://www.fathomevents.com/events/...ate=2019-09-01
[Reply]
Page 209 of 286
« First < 109159199205206207208209 210211212213219259 > Last »
Up