ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 80 of 82
« First < 30707677787980 8182 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Tom Brady Retiring
Dante84 01:31 PM 01-29-2022
Patrick Mahomes, you’re up.

2023 version:

Video of Tom Brady making the news official: “I’m retiring. For good.”pic.twitter.com/oEPV3smYrH https://t.co/Rt37oFP7Jh

— Ari Meirov (@MySportsUpdate) February 1, 2023

2022 version:

Tom Brady is retiring from football after 22 extraordinary seasons, multiple sources tell @JeffDarlington and me.

More coming on https://t.co/rDZaVFhcDQ. pic.twitter.com/6CHWmMlyXg

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) January 29, 2022

EDIT: Timeline below.
1. Darlington & Schefter report Brady is retiring.
2. TB12, Tom’s brand/company, tweet (then later delete) about his retirement.
3. Toms teammates tweet about his retirement.
4. Tom’s agent, dad, Arians, and Licht all say Tom hasn’t decided yet.
5. Ian Rappaport says many sources confirm Tom plans to retire but the pushback is due to timing.
6. Tom announces retirement again in 2023.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 06:29 AM 11-27-2023
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
Pretty much every quarterback did in games that mattered. Mahomes never beat him in a playoff game. I’d say Eli and Nick are the 2 that could beat him when it mattered.
And Mark Sanchez lol

Funny how life works.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 06:45 AM 11-27-2023
Brady and Manning never really had much competition in their divisions throughout their careers. Big Ben had more competition in his than either of the other 2.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 08:12 AM 11-27-2023
Originally Posted by MarkDavis'Haircut:
Smith nails it.

Brady just retired and won a Super Bowl two years before that. So I guess that ring doesn't count because he beat mediocre teams?

Brady is in the "I must protect my legacy" mode. He knows Mahomes could surpass him.
Smith brining facts. Rex can suck it. A couple of decent Jets years doesn't make a division good for 20 years. All the other teams were shit when Brady played there and when they got better he left.
[Reply]
tredadda 08:14 AM 11-27-2023
Originally Posted by MarkDavis'Haircut:
Smith nails it.

Brady just retired and won a Super Bowl two years before that. So I guess that ring doesn't count because he beat mediocre teams?

Brady is in the "I must protect my legacy" mode. He knows Mahomes could surpass him.
Brady won like 3 rings in his early career. The rest he won far later in his career in the new NFL that he is complaining about.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 10:49 AM 11-27-2023
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Brady is just throwing up some self-serving garbage to get out in front of Mahomes winning any more SBs. I'd expect more of it in the coming years too, especially when/if he becomes an analyst. He knows exactly what kind of threat Patrick is to his legacy.

That said, there must be at least some merit to the idea that we're in a relatively weak quarterback era overall especially in comparison to 10 years ago. When a mistake prone Josh Allen is likely the #2 QB in the game currently, that arguably says something.
Favre was arguably in that 2 spot for a longtime in the era of grown man football or whatever the old heads call it. Allen is basically Favre with legs at this point.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 11:00 AM 11-27-2023
Brady is correct and so is Smith. He benefitted from today rules more than anyone and there is much shitty football being played with the rules on less hitting in practice and practice time. Rex Ryan can roll his eyes all he wants but Smith didn't say anything that many have not said and many have written about. The division was trash for 20 years. Manning same thing.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:26 AM 12-19-2023
Tom crying again on IG after the Steelers DB was suspended for the year. Dude is saying QB's put their receivers in danger to much as if he never fucking did.

This motherfucker think the tape isn't out there? You did this shit too Tom :-)

Screw it, one minute of Tom Brady hospital balls. pic.twitter.com/pbpio4x136

— Logan (@SconnieColt) December 18, 2023

[Reply]
LoneWolf 10:31 AM 12-19-2023
I can't wait until Tom is a broadcaster and starts lecturing everyone on the integrity of the game. I hope someone that is working with him loses their shit and calls him out on his hyprocrisy. Something like: "Listen Mr. Deflategate/Spygate, we don't need a lecture from you. You trying to lecture anyone on the integrity of the game would be like hiring Al Capone to teach you proper accounting principles."
[Reply]
wazu 10:32 AM 12-19-2023
It is a weird decision from Tom to take to Twitter and start shitting on the performance of backup QBs. Guess he's found his new retirement hobby.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 10:40 AM 12-19-2023
Originally Posted by wazu:
It is a weird decision from Tom to take to Twitter and start shitting on the performance of backup QBs. Guess he's found his new retirement hobby.
Dude was always a prick, retiring doesn't change that.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 11:07 AM 12-19-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Tom crying again on IG after the Steelers DB was suspended for the year. Dude is saying QB's put their receivers in danger to much as if he never fucking did.

This motherfucker think the tape isn't out there? You did this shit too Tom :-)

Meh, you play QB for 23 years, you’re going to throw a few of these by accident at least. I don’t think he made a career of that sort of thing. In fact, I’d say he was extremely good at avoiding these types of throws.

Mahomes seems to be pretty good at avoiding them as well.

Now Peyton? That dude didn’t give a fuck. He’d throw his grandma a slant right into Ronnie Lott if it would help him win.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:39 PM 02-27-2024
CUCK!

Tom Brady has ‘accepted’ Gisele Bündchen’s romance with jiu-jitsu instructor began ‘years ago’: report https://t.co/d8GYEF0kKd pic.twitter.com/DsTUehzFU2

— Page Six (@PageSix) February 24, 2024

[Reply]
notorious 05:41 PM 02-27-2024
Every time this thread is bumped:

[Reply]
Coochie liquor 05:43 PM 02-27-2024
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
CUCK!

He’s probably got a micro
[Reply]
Rain Man 05:43 PM 02-27-2024
Screw tom brady.