ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 79 of 82
« First < 29697576777879 808182 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Tom Brady Retiring
Dante84 01:31 PM 01-29-2022
Patrick Mahomes, you’re up.

2023 version:

Video of Tom Brady making the news official: “I’m retiring. For good.”pic.twitter.com/oEPV3smYrH https://t.co/Rt37oFP7Jh

— Ari Meirov (@MySportsUpdate) February 1, 2023

2022 version:

Tom Brady is retiring from football after 22 extraordinary seasons, multiple sources tell @JeffDarlington and me.

More coming on https://t.co/rDZaVFhcDQ. pic.twitter.com/6CHWmMlyXg

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) January 29, 2022

EDIT: Timeline below.
1. Darlington & Schefter report Brady is retiring.
2. TB12, Tom’s brand/company, tweet (then later delete) about his retirement.
3. Toms teammates tweet about his retirement.
4. Tom’s agent, dad, Arians, and Licht all say Tom hasn’t decided yet.
5. Ian Rappaport says many sources confirm Tom plans to retire but the pushback is due to timing.
6. Tom announces retirement again in 2023.
[Reply]
Kman34 01:32 PM 11-26-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
i refuse to watch anything with alex smith in it, especially if the subject is tom brady
Grow up..
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:35 PM 11-26-2023
all i hear is sour grapes because alex couldn't beat brady when it counted, nor could he beat manning, whom brady beat plenty, which kinda puts to rest the whole "weak division" theory

plus i can find plenty of examples of alex tripping over his own dick against mediocre to bad teams...fail, alex...fail
[Reply]
Chiefspants 01:36 PM 11-26-2023
all i hear is sour grapes because alex couldn't beat brady when it counted, nor could he beat manning, whom brady beat plenty, which kinda puts to rest the whole "weak division" theory

plus i can find plenty of examples of alex tripping over his own dick against mediocre to bad teams...fail, alex...fail
He sounds like someone who would have posted something like "The Uncomfortable Reality of a fading Tom Brady" in like 2014 or some such.
[Reply]
Lzen 07:06 PM 11-26-2023
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
He sounds like someone who would have posted something like "The Uncomfortable Reality of a fading Tom Brady" in like 2014 or some such.
Oh Snap GIFfrom Oh GIFs

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:36 PM 11-26-2023
another bad read by alex

I'm late to this, but for what it's worth: The divisions Tom Brady played in yielded 10 wild cards in his 23 NFL seasons (0.43/year). The divisions Alex Smith played in yielded six in his NFL 16 seasons (0.38/year). https://t.co/jqBGR8UMCB

— Greg Auman (@gregauman) November 27, 2023

[Reply]
Womble 11:49 PM 11-26-2023
another bad read by alex

Yeah but a team quarterbacked by Alex Smith was one of the 4 teams in the divisions he played in.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:51 PM 11-26-2023
Originally Posted by Womble:
Yeah but a team quarterbacked by Alex Smith was one of the 4 teams in the divisions he played in.
that makes zilch bit of difference

alex tried and failed like he always does

always getting beat by brady at the end of the night
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 12:04 AM 11-27-2023
another bad read by alex

When you come at Brady, you can’t be throwing bubble screens, Alex Smiff.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 12:24 AM 11-27-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Yes Alex! Roast those ****ing frauds!!!

Smith nails it.

Brady just retired and won a Super Bowl two years before that. So I guess that ring doesn't count because he beat mediocre teams?

Brady is in the "I must protect my legacy" mode. He knows Mahomes could surpass him.
[Reply]
Jamie 12:28 AM 11-27-2023
another bad read by alex

Smith was responding to Brady's (self-serving) comments that the modern NFL is mediocre. He never remotely claimed he was as good as Tom Brady. So this tweet is nothing but irrelevant Brady ball-washing.
[Reply]
tk13 12:29 AM 11-27-2023
That's kind of a cherry picked statistic because it includes Brady's first two years when the division structure was different and there were more wild card teams. And to be fair the AFC East probably as tough as it ever was in Brady's career those first couple years.

Brady's first two years the Dolphins, Jets and Colts all made the playoffs as wild cards. People forget he was in a division with Manning and Miami/NYJ teams that were still decent. Miami and Buffalo did almost nothing the rest of his time in New England, and he skipped town just as Buffalo was getting good. The only real contender during Brady's entire time in NE was the two good years the Jets had with Mark Sanchez.

If that guy's math is right that equates to 7 wild card teams in the final 21 years. I don't know how that compares to Alex Smith but you're not going to convince me the AFC East was better than the North or West over that time in terms of depth and competitiveness. And certainly not the NFC South he played against those last couple years.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 12:30 AM 11-27-2023
Originally Posted by Jamie:
Smith was responding to Brady's (self-serving) comments that the modern NFL is mediocre. He never remotely claimed he was as good as Tom Brady. So this tweet is nothing but irrelevant Brady ball-washing.
The sports media treats Brady criticism like Swift stans treat Swift criticism.

They can't stand it.
[Reply]
tk13 12:38 AM 11-27-2023
Originally Posted by Jamie:
It's funny because the level of football is probably different, and teams don't get to practice like they used to and aren't probably as disciplined as they probably were when Brady started on things like tackling, etc.

At the same time, the talent level probably isn't close. You put Josh Allen in the 2002 AFC East and he annihilates that division and people would think he was an alien sent here from another planet.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 01:36 AM 11-27-2023
Brady is just throwing up some self-serving garbage to get out in front of Mahomes winning any more SBs. I'd expect more of it in the coming years too, especially when/if he becomes an analyst. He knows exactly what kind of threat Patrick is to his legacy.

That said, there must be at least some merit to the idea that we're in a relatively weak quarterback era overall especially in comparison to 10 years ago. When a mistake prone Josh Allen is likely the #2 QB in the game currently, that arguably says something.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 06:09 AM 11-27-2023
that makes zilch bit of difference

alex tried and failed like he always does

always getting beat by brady at the end of the night
Pretty much every quarterback did in games that mattered. Mahomes never beat him in a playoff game. I’d say Eli and Nick are the 2 that could beat him when it mattered.
[Reply]
Page 79 of 82
« First < 29697576777879 808182 >
Up