Nzoner's Game Room>Is CEH a JAG?
lewdog 06:47 AM 09-20-2021
Is Clyde just another guy?

I’m writing a dissertation on this.

Thanks.
[Reply]
jd1020 11:28 AM 12-18-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
But more to you McCoy argument, it's just a bad one. The numbers don't show it and the eye test didn't either.
The numbers dont "show it" because McCoy had 3 outlier seasons in which he was so far beyond elite in ball security that it takes his overall fumble % from one end of the spectrum to the other by dropping it by nearly .3%. He was not immune to putting the ball on the ground to where he "never" had a problem with fumbles. Charles was terrible and fumbled 1.7% of the time. In 2012 McCoy fumbled 1.5% of the time.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 11:32 AM 12-18-2021
Originally Posted by jd1020:
The numbers dont "show it" because McCoy had 3 outlier seasons in which he was so far beyond elite in ball security that it takes his overall fumble % from one end of the spectrum to the other by dropping it by nearly .3%. He was not immune to putting the ball on the ground to where he "never" had a problem with fumbles. Charles was terrible and fumbled 1.7% of the time. In 2012 McCoy fumbled 1.5% of the time.

There isn't a workhorse RB on the planet who is "immune to putting the ball on the ground".

Just stop.
[Reply]
jd1020 11:35 AM 12-18-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
There isn't a workhorse RB on the planet who is "immune to putting the ball on the ground".

Just stop.
Of course not. But there's also plenty of workhorses that fumbled/fumble far less than McCoy, they just dont typically have the long career of McCoy to show up on the sheet.
[Reply]
-King- 11:43 AM 12-18-2021
What? Which were the outlier season? And is 0.3% supposed to be a big increase in fumbling or something? A 0.3 increase in fumbles is 3 more fumbles over his whole career.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 11:45 AM 12-18-2021
This is an interesting conversation and sent me down a rabbit hole.

Derrick Henry puts the ball on the ground once every 135 touches.
Mark Ingram puts the ball on the ground once every 119 touches.
Jonathan Taylor puts the ball on the ground once every 109 touches.
Antonio Gibson puts the ball on the ground once every 65 touches.
Nick Chubb puts the ball on the ground once every 156 touches.
Kareem Hunt puts the ball on the ground once every 237 touches.
CEH puts the ball on the ground once every 172 touches (Very nice - so far proving to not be an issue for him).
Priest Holmes put the ball on the ground once every 132 touches.
Larry Johnson put the ball on the ground once every 105 touches.
Jamaal Charles put the ball on the ground once every 59 touches.
Tiki Barber put the ball on the ground once every 52 touches.

Fantasy Index actually did an article on this topic and concluded with this.

Originally Posted by :
In general, running backs fumbled about three times more often in the ‘70s as they do today. They’ve gone from about a fumble every 40 touches in the early ‘70s to a fumble about every 120 handles today.
https://fantasyindex.com/2020/06/23/...andles%20today.
[Reply]
jd1020 11:54 AM 12-18-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
What? Which were the outlier season? And is 0.3% supposed to be a big increase in fumbling or something? A 0.3 increase in fumbles is 3 more fumbles over his whole career.
It's actually a difference of 7 fumbles. That's a 22% increase. So yes, a pretty big difference.
[Reply]
Halfcan 02:20 PM 12-18-2021
Because our best play with Clyde is just having him run right behind our interior line and hope they create a big enough hole for him.
Yes, I understand their plan, but it was obviously not working. Just like running it nearly every 2nd down against the Faders.

It was predictable and failed.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 02:30 PM 12-18-2021
I want CEH to be uber successful... but he has big shoes to fill:

Priest Holmes
Jamaal Charles
Christian Okoye
Larry Johnson
Marcus Allen
Kareem Hunt
Ed Pokolak
Joe Delaney
Barry Word
Kimble Anders
Tony Richardson
Greg Hill
Jesse Haynes :-)
[Reply]
golfindude 03:56 PM 12-18-2021
I want a RB who can make a yard when up against a goal line type defense. Someone big who can take a direct snap, hit a small crease with much power and make it bigger. I don't think CEH is that guy. DO we have one on the team ?
[Reply]
Easy 6 03:59 PM 12-18-2021
Originally Posted by golfindude:
I want a RB who can make a yard when up against a goal line type defense. Someone big who can take a direct snap, hit a small crease with much power and make it bigger. I don't think CEH is that guy. DO we have one on the team ?
For better or worse, Burton and DWill are the short yardage guys this year... unless you wanna count those shovel passes to Bell and Kelce
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 04:09 PM 12-18-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
For better or worse, Burton and DWill are the short yardage guys this year... unless you wanna count those shovel passes to Bell and Kelce
For worse. Dwill is a valuable 3rd down back for us. But he’s not a short yardage guy. We can’t possibly be this bad at getting 1 or 2 yards. I would be interested in trying burton out more.

It isn’t just this year. We were running gimmicks all last year too because we can’t execute a simple 1 yard play
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:54 PM 12-18-2021
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
For worse. Dwill is a valuable 3rd down back for us. But he’s not a short yardage guy. We can’t possibly be this bad at getting 1 or 2 yards. I would be interested in trying burton out more.

It isn’t just this year. We were running gimmicks all last year too because we can’t execute a simple 1 yard play
We simply have what we have this year, and gotta make it work

I thought Reid mixed them up masterfully in Vegas, we'll get by for now... and look forward to the offseason, no way Veach is happy with what he's seeing
[Reply]
-King- 06:40 PM 12-18-2021
It's actually a difference of 7 fumbles. That's a 22% increase. So yes, a pretty big difference.
Fine 7.

So what exactly made those years outliers?
[Reply]
jd1020 07:04 PM 12-18-2021
Fine 7.

So what exactly made those years outliers?
I dunno, would you consider a guy who spent the majority of his time fumbling around a 1-1.1% rate to normally fumble around a .23% rate? Kareem Hunt, who fumbles at a 100% less rate than McCoy is currently at a .42%

So... outlier or no?
[Reply]
-King- 07:17 PM 12-18-2021
I dunno, would you consider a guy who spent the majority of his time fumbling around a 1-1.1% rate to normally fumble around a .23% rate? Kareem Hunt, who fumbles at a 100% less rate than McCoy is currently at a .42%

So... outlier or no?
He has years ranging from 1 fumble to 4. No, none of them are outliers. The 1 isn't anymore of an outlier than the 4 fumble years.
[Reply]
Page 54 of 80
« First < 4445051525354 5556575864 > Last »
Up