really enjoyed the 3rd episode.

Dont get all the nitpicking. for god's sake:

1) no Jar-Jar
2) no excess of muppets
3) no terrible CGI
4) no boring senate hearings
5) bad-ass vader

i could go on and on.

in reality, we're all getting the things we wanted when we were 13 years old (what happened between x and y, etc. etc.).
Child actor being the real main character, and is a terrible actress. Totally ruins the show for me.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 11:11 AM 06-03-2022
Originally Posted by DJJasonp:
really enjoyed the 3rd episode.

Dont get all the nitpicking. for god's sake:

1) no Jar-Jar
2) no excess of muppets
3) no terrible CGI
4) no boring senate hearings
5) bad-ass vader

i could go on and on.

in reality, we're all getting the things we wanted when we were 13 years old (what happened between x and y, etc. etc.).
It's not perfect, but the 3rd episode entertained the hell out of me. Not sure what people are expecting or even wanting here. It's ****ing Star Wars, not some prestige HBO drama.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 11:53 AM 06-03-2022
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
It's not perfect, but the 3rd episode entertained the hell out of me. Not sure what people are expecting or even wanting here. It's ****ing Star Wars, not some prestige HBO drama.
Better writing and casting for a major part of the show to start with.
[Reply]
kcpasco 01:56 PM 06-03-2022
It does kind of suck. I’m hoping it improves with the remaining episodes.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:59 PM 06-03-2022
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Better writing and casting for a major part of the show to start with.
Why? It's fucking Star Wars. It's always been varying degrees of shit barring the first two movies.
[Reply]
keg in kc 03:31 PM 06-03-2022
It's obi wan Kenobi. It doesn't need to be Lawrence of Arabia. Not every show that comes out has to be the best thing ever in the history of television or take a spreadsheet to follow the plot. Especially these days it's nice to have something to watch where I can shut my brain off and just have fun watching. It's the joy of popcorn entertainment, and that's star wars to its core.
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:37 PM 06-03-2022
I'm two episodes in. Seems like your typical Star Wars stuff to me. I have no problem with it.

The whole franchise has always been kinda campy, so i don't know why there's always these lofty expectations for everything in the Star Wars universe.

People loved The Mandolorian and every episode of that was basically an RPG fetch quest. /shrug
[Reply]
KC_Connection 03:37 PM 06-03-2022
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
It's obi wan Kenobi. It doesn't need to be Lawrence of Arabia. Not every show that comes out has to be the best thing ever in the history of television or take a spreadsheet to follow the plot. Especially these days it's nice to have something to watch where I can shut my brain off and just have fun watching. It's the joy of popcorn entertainment, and that's star wars to its core.
Right? I watched ROTS a week or so ago in preparation for this show. It's not a "good movie" per say, some of it is quite ridiculous (as the prequels in general were), but it's still pretty entertaining to me. That's all I'm coming for here.
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:38 PM 06-03-2022
It's not a "good movie" per say, some of it is quite ridiculous (as a lot of the prequels were), but it's still pretty entertaining to me.
That pretty much describes the entire Star Wars franchise.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 03:42 PM 06-03-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
That pretty much describes the entire Star Wars franchise.
Agreed, I think that's a pretty fair assessment. The franchise (and particularly the Skywalker Saga of films) is a space western between good and evil. I'm not looking for deep character stuff here, nor has that ever been the intention of these creators in my mind.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 04:45 PM 06-03-2022
Agreed, I think that's a pretty fair assessment. The franchise (and particularly the Skywalker Saga of films) is a space western between good and evil. I'm not looking for deep character stuff here, nor has that ever been the intention of these creators in my mind.
yeah I dont get the hate......but then again, art is subjective.

But there are those out there, like the clerks at indie record stores, who have to hate anything that is liked by more than 10 people.
[Reply]
arrowheadnation 12:07 PM 06-04-2022
I thought the third ep was freakin awesome! Looking forward to Luke meeting "Ole Ben" sometime down the road.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:37 AM 06-05-2022
completely fucking badass show - the most terrifying we've seen vader since the esb duel...the whole fire scene was just fucking spectacular

this feels like comic vader

Spoiler!

[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 11:30 AM 06-05-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
completely fucking badass show - the most terrifying we've seen vader since the esb duel...the whole fire scene was just fucking spectacular

this feels like comic vader

Spoiler!
You desperately want it to be so, but it isn't. Vader is "menacing", but hardly anything like your comic panel.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 11:35 AM 06-05-2022
Hopefully there's more Darth Vader and less of young Leia going forward.
[Reply]
Page 20 of 54
« First < 101617181920 2122232430 > Last »
Up